Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 16:59   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Dear- I've still a long way to go for an exotic affair with Lina !! Lina doesn't like this shouting , but if I say softly "Stop", Lina accepts.

I think you should limit the use of Scratch remover & use it only on extreme absolute necessities e.g. ugly looking blatant scratches only. Scratch remover also "scratches" the clear coat & if I remember correctly what they do is they slightly dissolve the pigments of paint surrounding a scratch which will fill the "recess" in scratch with that dissolve paint pigments.
The scratches/ swirl marks are visible due to our F. Red color. My car is also full of scraches & though it pains a lot, I've stopped thinking about it & let it go as usual. However, If you notice, from a distance of 4-5 feets, still the color looks brand new without any scratches visible.
this is for the softness you use on Lina .

and thanx for your advice on scratch remover . I think you are right ! Linea doesnt like it . Lina maybe tough on me when i m inside because of me using too much of the Scratch remover cream on the outside

But will seriously keep this in mind in future Amit.

Also, ,my chica looks as beautiful as brand new . its just that i m too caring about its skin so cant tolerate any small mark on the flawless beauty.

btw - Amit, how was the Goa trip. I read that you were off for Goa ! Pictures???

Last edited by FastLove : 17th August 2009 at 17:02.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:28   #227
BHPian

[quote=FastLove;1436003]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post

Its a Solution (Thick White paste) i had bought from bangkok. It is a brand called "Karshine" . The effects are really good . i use a chamoise leather to rub the paste on the scratched area and the shine that you get is amazing .

This is available in India as well. Me and Ashwin have bought this from Xenos Galleria, Chennai some time back. A 100 g cream cost around Rs. 200.

It is effective when applied and rubbed with a soft cloth very hard.
What it does is it will remove the surface paint as explained in detail by Amit (VP). It removes only minor scratches and swirl marks. It doesnt remove deep scratches and areas where paint is completely gone.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:52   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
btw - Amit, how was the Goa trip. I read that you were off for Goa ! Pictures???
Yes, am in Goa now. Will post details later.

Driving down was a pleasure in Linea. 600 kms of drive (I only drove entire stretch) & still I didn't feel any fatique
Old 17th August 2009, 18:10   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, am in Goa now. Will post details later.

Driving down was a pleasure in Linea. 600 kms of drive (I only drove entire stretch) & still I didn't feel any fatique
Thats wonderful I am sure you got a good FE also, Finally

Waiting for the picture. Do write a detailed travelogue . Have a good time !
Old 11th September 2009, 16:31   #230
BHPian

Thought i should post this , not sure if all of you get these calls.

I get Regular Calls from FIAT/TAta , Fortune Cars (Dealer) and also twice from JD Power (for Survey) .

These calls are like once a month from both FIAT and Dealer. LAtest was today from the dealer asking " how's the car performing and if any issues" . I have not visited them for last 2 months.

Have couple of very minor things to be done, though. Will go to Fortune, Nerul tomorrow. Jab itna pyar se bula rahe hain tho jaana hi hoga

1. I find the Steering wheel not straight as it used to be. I mean it was exactly perpendicularly aligned when the wheels are in straight line. Now , there is a very slight deviation towards right . i.e. Its not perpendicular anymore on a straight road. Note - the car moves perfectly in straight line when i take ,my hands off the wheel even at high speeds. Planning to check the wheel alignment anyway. Any suggestions?

2. I have my 2nd 3M Coating scheduled in october. Will enquire about that . Lot of swirls although the chica looks sparkling as ever.

3. One of the 2 hydraulic lever in the boot has got a small crack . Will check on replacement.

4. I checked my Oil and saw that it has turned little brown (though not very muddy) but certainly not as it was initially. I have completed 8,400 km btw. Am considering oil change. Dont know if i should . I have planned a Goa Trip in october 2 nd week so want to have your suggestions .

Last edited by FastLove : 11th September 2009 at 16:32.
Old 11th September 2009, 19:50   #231
BANNED

Quote:
1. Now , there is a very slight deviation towards right . i.e. Its not perpendicular anymore on a straight road. Note - the car moves perfectly in straight line when i take ,my hands off the wheel even at high speeds. Planning to check the wheel alignment anyway. Any suggestions?

4. I checked my Oil and saw that it has turned little brown (though not very muddy) but certainly not as it was initially. I have completed 8,400 km btw. Am considering oil change. Dont know if i should . I have planned a Goa Trip in october 2 nd week so want to have your suggestions .
Welcome back FastLove, after a long time!

Nice you're receiving regular calls from Fiat/ Dealer. I'm thinking of visiting Fortune Powai in one of these days. Got to get my coolant tank checked & whether to change engine oil. Am in the same dilema. Earlier I thought I'll change it at 7,500 km, decided agaisnt it, now again thinking about changing it

I had exactly the same problem when I took the delivery. TASS tried Wheel alignment 3 times in the same visit & it got done.
Old 21st September 2009, 06:59   #232
BHPian

The boot light stays always on . have not been able to find a way to switch it off when its in open mode.
Am i overlooking something here?!!
Old 21st September 2009, 18:48   #233
BANNED

Quote:
The boot light stays always on . have not been able to find a way to switch it off when its in open mode.
Am i overlooking something here?!!
i think boot light remains ON while the boot is open
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:43   #234
BHPian

Ya . i think that is how it is designed to be ON whenever the Boot is open. However, i was still trying to find a way to manually shut it off in case the boot is open for longer time as it is unnecessarily ON even when it is not required during day time.

Hopefully , it gets switched OFF when the boot is slammed shut
Old 24th September 2009, 07:57   #235
Senior - BHPian

The linea has got a timer device linked to all lights which shuts the lights off after 20 mins after the switch off of engines to prevent draining of battery. it is applicable to boot light too. it will shut off in 20 mins. it is given in manual somewhere!!!
Old 25th September 2009, 16:29   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The linea has got a timer device linked to all lights which shuts the lights off after 20 mins after the switch off of engines to prevent draining of battery. it is applicable to boot light too. it will shut off in 20 mins. it is given in manual somewhere!!!
O thats an interesting bit of informrmation Geeash. Thank you for this input. Shouldnt this go into the "Did you know " thread !
Old 25th September 2009, 19:33   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...........Hopefully , it gets switched OFF when the boot is slammed shut
This is simple to check - as soon as you open the dickie put your finger on the light and see if it is hot/warm - it will be warm if has been on before you opened the dickie.

Cheers,
Old 5th October 2009, 11:21   #238
BHPian

I had a Visit to TASS (Fortune Nerul) for few minor issues which i had accumulated for the visit.

1. The Right Side Head Light was not aligned properly and i have been living with it since i got the car. Tried getting the same fixed during one of my last visits which was ignored by the Service Guy as well as me as i didbnt check when i had taken the car back. This visit i got it fixed and works perfect now and now i know what view i was missing during the night

2. The right side Hydraulic Shock absober in the boot (the black thing that helps raise the bootlid) had cracked . Got it replaced under warranty.

3. The Steering Tilt has been fixed. However, i am still to be completely satisfied that it is like it was when i took the car home for the first time. MAybe , my its in my mind. I will see it for next few 1000km.

4. Rear Left Door Knob was not working smooth. Got that fixed too.

So, in all , everything fixed and the service quite good. Although there is always room for improvement. I waited at the dealership for the entire period that the car got fixed. I was there at 11 am and got my car back at 3pm. I could have been free by 1 pm , but the steering adjustment was pending and that could only be done after their lunch time . So had to spend that extra couple of hours.

Guys, I am at 9500 km and am planning a trip to goa. Will post reviews if the trip happens as planned. Also, i want inputs on the Road conditions on NH4 and any valuable suggestions from you guys on taking the trip in mid october. This trip is with family with small kids . So , please help with your inputs.

Finally ,a Rare Niggle - my seat adjustment lever is not working smoothly and there is a tak - tak when i pull it up or down. This has started in the last couple of weeks. Also when i swerve the car or go through uneven road , there is a Squeak sound from under the Driver Seat assembly. Just like the sound effect in a rocking chair in a horror movie. This sound is very feeble and not very frequent and infact only i been noticing this as i know there was no such squeaks before. I think i need a New seat assembly not just because of the height adjustment issue , but because there is some damage also to the seat adjustment assembly.

Last edited by FastLove : 5th October 2009 at 11:25.
Old 19th October 2009, 00:54   #239
BHPian

Guys I am back from my Short Goa Vacation . Without much adieu , the Report is as follows :

Travel Date : 11th oct, 09 to 16th oct. 09

Car : Fiat Linea (My Chica Italiano )

Inside the Car : 4 Adults , 4 Kids (Very comfortably ) . Made most of the boot with a small Car REfrigerator chilling the Cold Drinks and water. 4 Large Bags and 2 small bags and still lot of space to be used.

Started at 550am from Kharghar (NAvi Mumbai) . Was on the the Mumbai - Pune Expressway by 6am.

Aim while driving : To maintain 80 - 90 kph throughout to achieve a decent FE.

What i ended up doing : 140 + almost entire stretch of NH4 upto Nipani. MAx. Speed of 195kph on NH4 after Satara. Believe me the Top speed was no big deal and i maintained 180 to 190kph for quite a distance . The handling is just awesome . This car is just an awesome machine on the highway. I am naturally a Fast Driver and an 80-90 kph is actually like being chained ..so there i was on a lovely stretch of road that was 400km long and i just let go. Between the Stretch from Kharghar to Nipani on NH4 took just 1 break for a Stopover for Breakfast at 930 am on a roadside Restaurant serving Nice South Indian food. Started agian at 1030 am and was at Nipani by 12 noon .

Total Distance from Kharghar to Nipani 408 km in 5 hours (Drivetime) .

Drove upto Tawandi Ghat and took right from Satyavati Hotel (Thanks Ranjitp for your little tips) .

The road after this point was exactly opposite to what NH4 offered. Though it had great view with Rice Fields and SunFlowers on either side of the roads. The Roads however were not exactly smooth and lovely. But quite drivable. The entire stretch from here for another 100km was similar road pasing through Villages Ajra , Gadhinglaj , Uttur, Amboli and then ..i did something i will remember for , well maybe , the rest of my life.

After exiting from Amboli Ghat ,( which was a lovely ghat drive where i just enjoyed every bit of the superb handling the Linea is capable of) i came to a small Y junction where a White Board showed Sawantwadi (straight) , Panaji 63km(Left road on the Y) and etc.. Note that i have been on this road before with my friends am not known to have a good sense of direction or remembering routes. So i went by the PAnaji Direction as that was where i was headed , wasnt i ?

Now, i dont even want to write much about this stupid decision as i feel like i am re-living those 15 odd km of the most hellish road i have ever driven. The road began with me entering a Gaon where kids were playing cricket and actually made way for me to pass through. I just checked with them if this was a decent route to Panaji and they all just pointed their finger in the direction and said yes this goes to Banda and is a shortcut to PAnaji. I had my doubts and my fears started getting real as the road was as narrow ro only let 1 Linea Pass through it. The roads started showing its true colors when i went in further. There were huge craters with mud allaround and i drove as carefully as i could. There were times i thought of going back but then 2 things kept me going : a. my wife , being quite adventurous, said that we may never come back on this road to goa ever again , might as well just ride through it b. there actually were some beautiful scenes around like a huge pineapple farm on a small hill to our left which again we may not see ever again.

Mind you , i did not see a single car till this point , only bikes , one bike was with us since amboli ghat and he rode like a pro and as if this was his regular road. Every single point where i saw a human(mostly villagers walking) i would ask them if this indeed was a road to PAnaji and they all said yes but an old road with Zero maintenance and bigger craters ahead. I moved on with small patches of smooth roads and then hell like (almost never ending ) craters some even on steep climbs. I did quite a decent job and kept the underbody safe from any impact although there were minor scrapes.
Like they say, nothing is permanent , the misery also ended in about 30 minutes and i joined the Highway from Banda which was abuzz wih people and a T- Junction that i entered and took a Left. and voila i am back on track.

Just 2 minutes into the highway i saw a bad accident. To my right was a NHC with it front badly smashed. 2 Young ladies with their nose bleeding and the guys on the phone. and parked ahead was the vehicle they banged into. It was the Goa Police Van . There were Cops all around and me just out of my 15-20km ordeal had no Presence Of Mind to click pictures. Further ahead in about next 2 minutes there was the CheckPost and Welcome Goa Board welcoming us into the Land of Sun and Sand.

to be continued ...

Last edited by FastLove : 19th October 2009 at 01:04.
Old 19th October 2009, 01:59   #240
BHPian

Road towards Ajra

few pictures after entering the Road off Tawandi Ghat

Rain hit us just about 30 minutes after the 3rd picture was taken on our way to Ajra . the scene around us became even more beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-goa1.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-goa2.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-goa3.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-goa4.jpg  

Last edited by FastLove : 19th October 2009 at 02:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks