Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 17:51   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes Geeash Mudflaps also has Linea written in it.
let me know whether the rear mudflaps were fitted by pierce the car body by outside and not by Inner wheel arches.
The Rear mudflap is fitted by piercing plastic screws from outside and look quite neat.

Last edited by FastLove : 27th May 2009 at 17:52.
Old 27th May 2009, 22:17   #107
BHPian

Hi FastLove,

How are you in the pic the display shows mileage of 11.9 Kms/l, and the display is more or less correct as per the feedback of the other Linea owners, that's very good consdering the car has only completed 2000 Kms.

Hope the engine will open up further as you will munch more miles on it & the Fuel efficiency will also improve.

Your Car's Test Drive is still pending, i would love to take on the steering wheel of the beauty once we meet someday, till then enjoy the beauty & keep us updated..!!
Old 27th May 2009, 23:00   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hi FastLove,

How are you in the pic the display shows mileage of 11.9 Kms/l, and the display is more or less correct as per the feedback of the other Linea owners, that's very good consdering the car has only completed 2000 Kms.

Hope the engine will open up further as you will munch more miles on it & the Fuel efficiency will also improve.

Your Car's Test Drive is still pending, i would love to take on the steering wheel of the beauty once we meet someday, till then enjoy the beauty & keep us updated..!!
Hi Sanjeev, I am Good. Really sorry that our meeting was very brief the other day. We wil surely meet soon bro & do the drive
Old 28th May 2009, 10:14   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
The Rear mudflap is fitted by piercing plastic screws from outside and look quite neat.
FastLove,
These are the same mud flaps I fixed about a month back from Concorde Motors in Chennai. Paid 600 odd bucks and has Linea written on them. The rear ones were fixed using metal screws on the side, which looked very odd, so I have not fixed them yet. The front ones, which I did fix, looks exactly like the ones you posted.

Opendro had posted pics of a different (and better) looking mud flap but dunno where he got them from.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

same mud flap

Quote:
what Geeash fitted did have Linea Written on it , but is it the same as this in all respects ?

Geeash kindly throw light on this. How did the OEM design reach you before the official launch ? Are you the one designing this thing ?

Karthik . i should have my mudflaps fitted very soon too. All the best with your mud flap fitting
Haha. I told you guys that the OEM mud flap is out but only a few previledged dealers got it .

Yes fastlove it is the same mud flap i have fitted. And it is a OEM mudflap that only a few people got last month. Me and Red one being the the earlybirds who got it fitted to our linea.
No i am not designing this thing
Old 28th May 2009, 14:49   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Haha. I told you guys that the OEM mud flap is out but only a few previledged dealers got it .

Yes fastlove it is the same mud flap i have fitted. And it is a OEM mudflap that only a few people got last month. Me and Red one being the the earlybirds who got it fitted to our linea.
No i am not designing this thing
you got it from Concorde Chennai correct.
But it's not available in Concorde Bangalore.
Both are same dealer in different location only.
That's why i am telling ,the Mudflaps is not OEM but like OEM Mudflaps design.
OEM Mudflaps were released by FIL only 2 weeks back.
How much did you spend for MudFlaps aswin?
Old 28th May 2009, 15:17   #112
BANNED

FastLove - Incidentally, I spoke to brinda yday only on the tel no. you had given. she said they've placed an order for the mudflaps & will be expecting "soon" may be in a week or so. Let me know when you get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Opendro had posted pics of a different (and better) looking mud flap but dunno where he got them from.
Yes
I also liked Opendro's mudflaps though they are after-mkt
Old 28th May 2009, 16:55   #113
Senior - BHPian

@karthik

Rs.650 inclusive of tax mate.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:44   #114
BHPian

A Strange thing i noticed twice already :

I saw this message "Low Oil Pressure" on the display screen. First time it was when i shot my Linea off a Signal on a clear Road and sped up changing gears quickly and after crossing maybe 120kmph and on 5th gear. This happened when i had done close to 1000 km on my Linea. I did not bother to take it seriously. I saw this again once more , this time not at high speed but maybe at a lower speed and while changing gears. There is only this message and a beep and no other problem as the car does not stop or anything . It is just a warning message .

Any ideas anyone?? Anyone seen anything like this before??

P.S. : I have my Scheduled service @ 3000km and will be checking on this that time too. Already done 2300 km so far.
Old 29th May 2009, 23:23   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
A Strange thing i noticed twice already :

I saw this message "Low Oil Pressure" on the display screen. First time it was when i shot my Linea off a Signal on a clear Road and sped up changing gears quickly and after crossing maybe 120kmph and on 5th gear. This happened when i had done close to 1000 km on my Linea. I did not bother to take it seriously. I saw this again once more , this time not at high speed but maybe at a lower speed and while changing gears. There is only this message and a beep and no other problem as the car does not stop or anything . It is just a warning message .

Any ideas anyone?? Anyone seen anything like this before??

P.S. : I have my Scheduled service @ 3000km and will be checking on this that time too. Already done 2300 km so far.
I had noticed this msg 2-3 times. exact phrase is "Insufficient Engine Oil Pressure". And I had noticed it when the car stalled when say I forgot to lower the gear to 1st or 2nd when restarting the car in traffic in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Even someone else on the forum - may be neotrtaveller, aks_karthik or pranava saw this msg. I remember reading that he got it checked at service station. ECU identified a loose connection somewhere.
Will have to get it checked

PS: you're going great guns with 2300 kms on ODO is shorter time. Any long trip done? I've my 1st trip tomorrow
Old 29th May 2009, 23:28   #116
BHPian

Enjoy your long drive with the Italian babe. Do post a detailed write up later on about the entire experience, with the fuel efficiency, top speeds reached, and of course, pictures.

Happy journey! Stay safe.
Old 30th May 2009, 00:07   #117
BHPian

yup, it was me.

fastlove, better head to the service station. That message is only supposed to come when engine is about to stall/stalled. The scenario you describe seems odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Even someone else on the forum - may be neotrtaveller, aks_karthik or pranava saw this msg. I remember reading that he got it checked at service station. ECU identified a loose connection somewhere.
Will have to get it checked
Old 31st May 2009, 09:18   #118
BHPian

VahanPujari, you are right , the mesage i get on my console is "insufficient oil pressure" and the reason it is showing , i am sure now is , because of what you stated. Still i did visit the dealer with this query. They could not identify any issue and have given me an appointment for monday morning for servicing as i am approaching 3000km mark too. I may not go on monday and might as well wait till 3000km for the regular service scheduled.

Neotraveller , thanx for your advice that prompted me to head to the dealer. Atleast , now i think i know it is not a serious thing. Will keep you posted on the service visit.

One Important Observation . Whenever i have entered the dealership with my car , i have been attended by the sales and technical persons there within less than 2 minutes and the problem addressed immediately. I have been driving a Marina bought from the same TATA dealer for last 4 and a half years. My experience was not exactly similar. IT was decent but , not as prompt as this.

Infact , a funny incident : I have been visiting the same dealer with my marina for many services before and never talked much with anyone except the Technical person appointed for my car for the particular job. About a week or so into my linea , i had visited the dealer for the 3M work and was checking the work being done. The Service Head there came upto me and read out my MArina Regn. No. (my car was not there that day) and started talking about my MArina and the last service schedule and the specific job that i had reported then. I was completely surprised and obviously he knew it too Now , this is the Linea effect that things have changed witht the TAta *** . Anybody having any doubt on the TATAFIAT *** , i can confidently say that i have seen it all atleast so far so good

Also, on another thread from a linea owner here, there are some problems reported where it was stated that all Linea Owners will have to replace some parts in the Front Suspension as there are Vibrations in the Steering Column. I checked with my dealer and was told that Yes there were couple of Lineas reported with this issue and they got the work done on the front suspension (some parts replaced). Only if there is a similar vibration issue do we need to report it and get the same rectified. Now, this is getting a bit murkier. I am surprised (i am not an auto expert) as how can the same assembly of parts in 2 cars of same make behave differently. I have not faced any of this reported problems (yet) but am a little curious now!

P.S. : VP, i have not gone a "Long Trip" as such but yes been to Lonavla via Old Pune Highway. It is not too far from my Kharghar home though and loved the entire drive. I think you must already be enjoying your long drive while i am typing this . Happy Driving MAte !

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2009 at 13:26. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post. Please revisit our rules
FastLove is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st May 2009, 09:59   #119
BHPian

I noticed the problem once during running (not stalled). And it appeared when engine stalled couple of times too.
When the service guys connected it to the engine examiner computer, it showed 1 exception. And they quicklly did something and said its done "there was some loose contact and we fixed it". Now I don't know if what they fixed was related to this thing or not .. but whatever they found some exception and fixed. I am happy.
I still see this message once in a while when engine jerks and gets stalled due to improper gear (not when car is running).

And eyah, regarding service center visits. I deal directly with the CRM of the workshop. Never seen such attention when I go for zen service!
Old 1st June 2009, 09:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

Fast love

I have also seen a similar warning message once when my car stalled at a signal. You need to address the issue only when you see the warning message when car is running smoothly or when it i s standing still.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks