Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 00:26   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove

Your Chico looks stunning. What shining Gloss, dude.
dude, believe me , i dont even touch the exterior . its just given a basic water cleaning by my watchman daily. thats it. the gloss must be the 3M protection i did. Like i have mentioned before .. 1. i am too lazy and 2. i ensure not to try too hard , be it anything . (including the stanley seat .i spent not more than 15 minutes finalising the color, the leather quality, my special suggestions like red stitches, rear arm rest and just left it to the best at stanleys and was more than satisfied eventually). since it always works this way , i prefer to keep it this way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

Are not the strips to be placed near the door bends just horizontal to the door levers? In front door you have placed it right. But in rear door you have placed it well below
You are right ! Gud observation ! i will be re positioning it the next time i have time to relook at the door seals

Last edited by FastLove : 17th June 2009 at 00:31.
Old 17th June 2009, 03:58   #182
SSN
BHPian

Nice Pics mate. Your chico looks wonderful. I too am gonna get those door Seals.
Old 17th June 2009, 10:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

Mate can you give me a rough idea of how you covered the back plastic area in back seat hand rest. I am going to stanley's this week and would like to tell him to do the same. And yeah i am taking the pictures of the interior of your car too to show him.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th June 2009 at 15:16. Reason: corrected Slang on request.
Old 17th June 2009, 10:41   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Mate can you gimme a rough idea of how you covered the back plastic area in back seat hand rest. I am going to stanley's this week and would like to tell him to do the same. And yeah i am taking the pictures of the interior of your car too to show him.
Mate , my rear arm rest was the first one that they did the way they did although they were reluctant and thought its not possible. (they did 3 linea Epacks before me and left the back as it is i was told) .

What i know they did was heat the leather and make it soft enough to wrap around the odd curves . that helped the leather behave like soft rubber and take shape and then stick it. If this heating thing is not done then there will be wrinkles at the curve edges.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:16   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
What i know they did was heat the leather and make it soft enough to wrap around the odd curves . that helped the leather behave like soft rubber and take shape and then stick it. If this heating thing is not done then there will be wrinkles at the curve edges.
Excellent. Wonderful practical solution. Its such logical solutions which always excites me.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

thanks fast love,
I will tell them to do the same. I have as it is planned to do Dual tone leather seats. I have planned to put the least quality leather ( classic) they have( quoted 25k which they can reduce 20% in discounts). Is it worthy or should i go for art and leather combo?
Old 17th June 2009, 15:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks fast love,
I will tell them to do the same. I have as it is planned to do Dual tone leather seats. I have planned to put the least quality leather ( classic) they have( quoted 25k which they can reduce 20% in discounts). Is it worthy or should i go for art and leather combo?
Aswin,
when will you go there to Stanley?
Possible,i'll come with you.
As i told,i too have planned for Leathers.

( quoted 25k which they can reduce 20% in discounts).
is it with 4 door pads and both Front and rear Arm Rests ?then it's a good price.

Then lemme know the 3m store in chennai and landmark.
I need 3M Cleaning cloth and some car Cleaning items.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 17th June 2009 at 15:18.
Old 17th June 2009, 16:05   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aswin,
when will you go there to Stanley?
Possible,i'll come with you.
As i told,i too have planned for Leathers.

( quoted 25k which they can reduce 20% in discounts).
is it with 4 door pads and both Front and rear Arm Rests ?then it's a good price.

Then lemme know the 3m store in chennai and landmark.
I need 3M Cleaning cloth and some car Cleaning items.
May be on saturday afternoon.
No that was not the quote with doorpads and front armrest. May be we can go there and show him fastlove pics and then ask him for a qoute again and then for discounts and then fixup. If we both are doing we can get handome discounts......Are you coming?

3M
Shree balaji agencies.
Take the road right opposite to the SIET college gate and you will find it on the left side. It is very near manorama preview theatre. anyone can guide you if you say manorama theatre
Old 17th June 2009, 16:43   #189
BHPian

Quote:
thanks fast love,
it is a good deal. infact after i got my work done , i think any deal is a good deal if it is stanley . however, obviosly ones taste matters while choosing the color, design and fit. If you can save a good amount by opting for Touch option , then go for it , the art leather combo is not bad at all.

now let me share some more on how i settled on my design.. this may help you. This is what i was told by the stanley guy :

Linea seats are Rolls Royce Style in design and look and he did show me the Rolls Royce Seats pictures on a computer. Linea seats have these 4 vertical lines or grooves which are very much like RR. Now , this prompted me to ensure that i retain those lines in my stanley seat cover. The reason my linea seat looks a better fit is this. It is no more a secret now . A lot of people are putting the seat cover with lines in very different direction to how the OEM seat is stitched. Follow the FIAT Lines and the work is half done. So , whatever you opt for dont lose the OEM Seat Grooves. That will ensure a neat fit look (my opinion)

Also, my seats took 4 days to come from bangalore after i ordered it. It was 2 visits . one to order and 2 nd to fit.
Old 17th June 2009, 16:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be on saturday afternoon.
No that was not the quote with doorpads and front armrest. May be we can go there and show him fastlove pics and then ask him for a qoute again and then for discounts and then fixup. If we both are doing we can get handome discounts......Are you coming?
yes i am very much intersted.
surely we will get a good discount.
i need the same color,design as this attached photo.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-lineaseat.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 16:57   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes i am very much intersted.
surely we will get a good discount.
i need the same color,design as this attached photo.
why does it look like my seats ??
Old 17th June 2009, 17:05   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
why does it look like my seats ??
hmmm.
The Photo is from FiatLinea.com.thought you already seen it.
This is the OEM leathers/Colors/Design in Linea Europe.
Old 18th June 2009, 15:57   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
hmmm.
The Photo is from FiatLinea.com.thought you already seen it.
This is the OEM leathers/Colors/Design in Linea Europe.
saw it here for first time. it doesnt have the gear knob and the handbrake cover.
Old 18th June 2009, 16:42   #194
BHPian

fastlove,
Have u also put foam padding under the leather?
Also, rear middle is a bit raised and might be uncomfortable. So was any effort made to make the full rear bench at the same level?
Old 18th June 2009, 17:27   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
fastlove,
Have u also put foam padding under the leather?
Also, rear middle is a bit raised and might be uncomfortable. So was any effort made to make the full rear bench at the same level?
no padding ! oem seat covers removed and new leather stitched in its place exactly as it was before.

no effort i think. like i said above it it just an exact replica of oem seat covers in fit . just like replacing ones skin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks