Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 18:46   #166
BHPian

MudFlaps in Pictures !
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02938.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02945.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02940.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02947.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02948.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02946.jpg  

Last edited by FastLove : 9th June 2009 at 18:57.
Old 9th June 2009, 19:27   #167
BANNED

FastLove

To fit the mudflaps, have you used the clips provided originally by fiat with flaps or are these other screws? as they look nicer on your car.
Tata service station guys @ worli told me clips will not hold longer & hence "screw'ed" the flaps on my car
Old 9th June 2009, 20:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove
.Tata service station guys @ worli told me clips will not hold longer & hence "screw'ed" the flaps on my car
My showroom people also said the same thing and i told them to screw it off as i didnt want even in my wildest of dreams to lose my coloured mud flaps
When plastic parts in interior can fall why not mud flaps so i believed the showroom guys.
Fastlove Linea seems to be using original clips supplied.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th June 2009 at 20:21.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:03   #169
BHPian

The Mud Flaps look good on the Car buddy & clips are also looking good instead of screws.

You didnt enquire about coloring the flaps ? Ohhh..i forgot you told you are a lazy man
Old 9th June 2009, 23:02   #170
BHPian

Quote:
FastLove

To fit the mudflaps, have you used the clips provided originally by fiat with flaps or are these other screws? as they look nicer on your car.
Tata service station guys @ worli told me clips will not hold longer & hence "screw'ed" the flaps on my car
Dude, at the risk of being thrown out of TBHP i would like to state that i did not care to see what they are doing with my car and just left the car in the morning at Fortune Nerul for the mud flaps fitting along with the 1st service.

I had seen the same work on the demo car and was somehow confident that i will like it. and i am satisfied

i will keep a close watch on the clips after your advice though!
Old 9th June 2009, 23:46   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post

You didnt enquire about coloring the flaps ? Ohhh..i forgot you told you are a lazy man
Dude, i saw my car very closely after putting the black Mud Flaps and then thought a lot and a lot and i guess you all are right ! The Car and MudFlaps color should match . so i have decided .. i am colouring the Car BLACK !

Last edited by FastLove : 9th June 2009 at 23:50.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:05   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
i will keep a close watch on the clips after your advice though!
No. Its not an advice. Its what they said & then like you said, I thought its ok to put screws, Heck, after all its mudflaps only.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:06   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so i have decided .. i am colouring the Car BLACK
That sounds more logical
Old 10th June 2009, 11:26   #174
BHPian

Quote:
No. Its not an advice. Its what they said & then like you said, I thought its ok to put screws, Heck, after all its mudflaps only.
Dude, every piece of info here on this forum is priceless. i value all you dear friends' comments and love to be aware of whats happening around and then we are human. We all end up with our decisions and then our experiences out of those decisions and turn wiser over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That sounds more logical
Thank you machan !

Last edited by FastLove : 10th June 2009 at 11:37.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:38   #175
BHPian

Been reading some of my fellow Linea owners' issues and grievances in the other ownership threads. I would like to state that when Problems are to be highlighted for sure , good experiences also need to be equally mentioned. So, let me do that :

* Own the beauty (Linea Petrol) since April 24,2009
* No Rattling ever heard .
* Drive is smooth and noiseless as silk (except the tyre noise coming in)
* Have driven in city , highways . good and bad roads. Have gone upto 170 kph effortlessly.
* Great Handing and ride
* Very Responsive Engine
* Average FE of 11 to 12 kpl (mostly in mumbai city full AC condition)
* Blue & Me and other fantastic features just keep the smiles going for me.
* Plastic fitting perfect.
* Front Pasenger seat side chrome strip was slightly loose which was stuck back neatly during first service.
* After the purchase i have received 3 calls from TATA Motors customer Care enquiring about my experience at the dealership and to rate 5 of their Service areas from 0 to 10.
* The last call was after my 1st 3000km service and since the work done was excellent they got between 8 to 10 in all the areas.
* Have done Stanley Leather seats recently and my car looks worth a million buck now and i feel a million buck with the admirations flying in
Old 13th June 2009, 14:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

Fastlove,

Thats a good log that you made and mine is same to same, i didnt even face chrome strip loosening issue. Ride is butter smooth and no rattles at all. Car is doing absolutely fine and am loving it day by day.

Atleast some good things about Linea, for past few days carspg and vahan have been bullied by tata-fiat and all problems creeping up.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:57   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Fastlove,

Thats a good log that you made and mine is same to same, i didnt even face chrome strip loosening issue. Ride is butter smooth and no rattles at all. Car is doing absolutely fine and am loving it day by day.

Atleast some good things about Linea, for past few days carspg and vahan have been bullied by tata-fiat and all problems creeping up.
Yes mate i have read that and i only wish that they get sorted very soon . However, i would like to point that we do tend to look everything with a magnifying glass .

I love my car too as much and would not want anything to go wrong with her but i would suggest that at times the magic mantra that works is "Dont try too hard" . this applies to everything . purely my opinion with "Risks " involved.
Old 16th June 2009, 17:39   #178
BHPian

The Door Seals in my car :

Just remove the Stickers provided . they are 2 side adhesives . strip one side and stick on the back side of the door and the other side to be removed before finally pressing the rubber to metal. I think pictures will be clear to understand !
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02970.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02971.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02972.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02973.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02975.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02976.jpg  

Old 16th June 2009, 19:19   #179
BANNED

FastLove

Your Chico looks stunning. What shining Gloss, dude.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:05   #180
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the offer mate. Send it across if you can as it is not available in chennai.

Are not the strips to be placed near the door bends just horizontal to the door levers? In front door you have placed it right. But in rear door you have placed it well below

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks