Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 19:58   #61
BHPian

Yes, it's true that our conditions are a lot more dusty. An after market replacement green/k&n should be out by now and should definitely make sense say after 5000kms.

I was referring to the engine oil. Was contemplating a change after the first service to a brand like OWS/Mobil only if they match the specs, since the car is due for an oil change only at 15,000kms and was worried that OE engine oil may not be that durable.Anyways,seems like I won't.

Your mileage figures ain't bad at all. My low average has been 9 in city and high has been 10.5. Varies based on routes and traffic conditions. Take her out on the highway and cruising at around 80kmph should give you 14-15.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

My dealer is the worst in this country, called them today as its 2 months and still havent got my RC. Called the salesman, he told me to call on other number, other number didnt pick up. I called the showroom, they said we will check and call and also the call never came. Hope they havent misplaced it like the code card or else i will burn this showroom. Am convinced to never take my car to them for service or else they will 100% put TATA INDICA engile oil and my Linea will become "LININDICA" man. Let me talk to showroom owner today and tell him what kind of a idiot staff he has.

Pranava,
Am in talk with a guy who lives in chennai (again) and owns a Linea petrol. He said a dealer told him that k&n is available for LINEA whereas a reply from Petes came that they have no Green cotton for my Linea, they have no idea of k&n.
Let this guy get a k&n fitted on his car and then i will ask him about model no etc and hows the product.

The Selenia synthetic engine oil used in LINEA is SAE 5W40 grade ACEA A3/B3/B4, am sure they have highest quality engine oil and this 15000 kms service interval isnt just a marketing gimmick. Anyways most probably we wont be able to complete 15000 in one year (you for sure bro), at most 9000-10000 and then 1year duration will lapse and we will go rushing to get car serviced.
When i went to chandigrah, hit a constant 120-130 and still managed 13.80 kpl. A guy on ACI maintained 80 km/h and his MID showed 16.2 kpl which he showed image as a proof. But 80 km/h? Heck who cares about FE, let people call this car underpowered and i will smoke em. Just a few cars passed me on the highway and i loved it.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th June 2009 at 20:25.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:29   #63
BHPian

Ha Ha that's true. Guess I will anyway get a paid oil change done at the first service. Those are some crazy highway mileage figures though. Atleast crazy for me. Either I still haven't figured how to get the best mileage out of this car. Maybe one day I will do a proper highway mileage check - outskirt to outskirt.
Old 9th June 2009, 21:16   #64
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea Owners Club

LINEA OWNERS, join this blog too. Its a initiave towards making a family of all Linea owners and afterwars involving FIAT india to listen our voices and take feedbacks from us which is possible. Do join (follow) the blog.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:26   #65
BHPian

How I wish I get such mileage figures? What's your average speed?

My avg.speed is 20kmph (daily office b2b traffic) and I got ~9.5kmpl on latest tankful
Old 9th June 2009, 22:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

My avg.speed is 20kmph (daily office b2b traffic) and I got ~9.5kmpl on latest tankful
Will check avg speeds tomorrow and tell. 9.5 kmpl is low i must say but then your avg speeds indicate that the way your car traverses is really full of b2b.
My drive is also b2b but atleast 7-9 kms are good non stop traffic. Will tell you avg speed tomorrow.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

For getting Good Mileage.
just try this one.
Select Instant Consumption in MID and drive as usual.
you can follow how you are driving by seeing the constant changes in the kmpl and how it's increasing/decreasing for some gear - rpm.
By using this,you just alter your style of shifting gears @ right RPM and driving to get good/constant mileage.
I tried it and get constant mileage from my Silver Streak.
Never strain/rip your engine in any gears.Be steady and calm.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:31   #68
BHPian

good idea karthik. will give it a shot.one reason for the lower mileage for me is I have a rev happy foot.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

My mileage has improved a lot after first service atleast by 2kmpl so far. so guys wait till you do the first service unil they tune up things
Old 10th June 2009, 10:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
My mileage has improved a lot after first service atleast by 2kmpl so far. so guys wait till you do the first service unil they tune up things

Wow. Mileage improved by 2kmpl, i think the engine oil change and air filter cleaning is the only job they did and that must be working wonders. Did you see how they clean air filter as in this long 15000 kms service interval we would have to clean the airfilter ourselves sometimes and thats a good thing as a part of DIY.
Am already getting 11.8 even +1 would be too good near 13 kmpl in City , am asking for too much from this little baby.

Also, 3M guy called me yesterday and told me to buy their products from ambience mall to which i have been hundreds of times and never spotted their autozone. Will pick up wax polishes and tyre shiners as thats the only thing i want now.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:21   #71
BHPian

Even I am heavy footed at times.
I always monotonously drive in the b2b traffic. So as soon as I see some empty road (even some 2-300m), I really rev it race car style till 3000rpm in each gear.

Plus, these days the engine seems to have become really responsive. I don't find it underpowered AT all. Even 2nd gear seems to have a nice pull
Old 10th June 2009, 10:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you see how they clean air filter as in this long 15000 kms service interval we would have to clean the airfilter ourselves sometimes and thats a good thing as a part of DIY
no i did not see. Any idea others how to do it?
Old 10th June 2009, 10:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plus, these days the engine seems to have become really responsive. I don't find it underpowered AT all. Even 2nd gear seems to have a nice pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
no i did not see. Any idea others how to do it?
Neo,
Yes thats what i have mentioned many times, even 2nd gear pull is looking good to me nowadays. But the best thing was my overtaking a Fiesta D on a single road with auto coming from opposite side, car went all way till 6000 RPM in 3rd gear and i overtook the car. I punished the car and that was too much but the roar from engine was really "rally" style at that RPM.

geeash,
I will most probably learn where the air filters are at the service and tell others. Only Opendro knows but he is in hibernation and owns a MJD.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:17   #74
BHPian

Locating the air filter in the engine bay should be fairly easy. It's generally housed in a hard black plastic box that is connnected to the air inlet.

Here's some links I googled:
How To Change Your Car's Filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I will most probably learn where the air filters are at the service and tell others. Only Opendro knows but he is in hibernation and owns a MJD.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:58   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Got my tankful done today and my Linea returned a best ever city FE till now of 11.8 km/l whereas MID indicated 11.6 all with full AC at 24-25. Its a good FE for such a big car.
I drive my usual way, good that it improved from 11.1-11.2 to 11.8. Seems the stint to himachal has opened up the engine as i can feel its more responsive+more FE.

Till now worst FE 10.1 (dont know what happened) and best FE 11.8
I drive the usual way and love the 2nd gear of Linea now which intiially felt sluggish.
Thats a very good FE.
I get only 9.xx (sometimes even 8.xx) in Mumbai B2B traffic. But then the avg speed is 17-18 kmph only due to traffic.
Quote:

Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
good idea karthik. will give it a shot.one reason for the lower mileage for me is I have a rev happy foot.
Again, I also have a rev heappy foot & hence may be the mileage is lower

What karthik mentioned above & what FastLove mentioned earlier would increase the mileage. I tried driving like that but did not enjoy & could not continue.
In 5th gear, if you let the car run withour touching the accelerator, Instant FE continue showing 50 kmpl till the time you touch accelerator. As soon as you touch accelerator & apply almost negligible pressure, the FE sharply drops

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks