Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 12:18   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
In 5th gear, if you let the car run withour touching the accelerator, Instant FE continue showing 50 kmpl till the time you touch accelerator. As soon as you touch accelerator & apply almost negligible pressure, the FE sharply drops
VP and all my friends .. here is something you all must try if you havent already :

1. Take a nice long stretch of empty road (i dont know how many of you get eliminated from this test already ), preferably flat and without speed breakers.

2. Keep the Console to "Instant Consumption" mode.

3. Go up your gears as you normally do and take the car to say a speed of 50kmph on 4th gear.
4. Now, take all your foot (2 in most cases ) off the pedals . That is your feet should touch nothing except the car mats/ floor. Only steering in your hand.

5. Now , the speed drops (naturally) . Do nothing just watch the Ic on console and your Speedometer and RPM .

6. the car goes on at a speed of 20kph on and on . it wont stop, never (even if the road is little sttep) till you interfere by again using your feet on the pedals.
*i have taken U turns without touching the pedal on 4th gear at 20kph and the linea loves doing it.*

The same thing can be done in all other gears (like for eg. 5th gear works at 23 kph, 3rd at 18kph and so on). The FE mostly is around 15 kph or more constantly.

Disclaimer : This is purely a test and not to be made into a Habit
Warning : Strictly Not to be tried on a busy highway !

Guys do this and tell me what you think ! If you already done this , still tell me about it!

Last edited by FastLove : 10th June 2009 at 12:19.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:31   #77
BANNED

Agree with every word FastLove mentioned above as I myself have experienced it in 5th gear. Will have to try other gears also. But the issue is my rev happy foot refuses to remain idle for longer & goes back to the accelerator every now & then
Old 10th June 2009, 14:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Just called my dealer's personal number and had a small conversation with him regarding RC issue. Called him and told that i have called his showroom and salesmans 5 times from yesterday and noone is giving me a callback,Why is his staff so unprofessional? He said that he is not justifying but most of the staff has gone for punto training and he apologised. Got a call within 5 mins from showroom to come and take my RC as it had come 2-3 days back I was furious now and called the showroom owner again and told him thats its not my job but its his staff's job to call and inform me that my RC has come, also told him that he has appointed the worst illiterate staff that was ever available, he apologised and requested me not to complain to fiat

END RESULT: Fiat threat resulted in RC being delivered at home at my doorstep. Fiat is really banging the *ss of all these dealers who arent caring for customers and am glad to know that.

Fastlove,
What you mentioned is absolutely correct, initially my car stalled but now it moves till low speeds in higher gears like 4th gear without problem but i love revving in 2nd and 3rd gears till atleast 2000-2500 rpm
Old 11th June 2009, 11:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

After my tankful that i did few days back. my LINEA is on a "mileage run" now. I am thinking of extracting maximum mileage from my car and this is what i do:
Made a trip of 61 kms yesterday and here are the things i did.

1. Have reduced my gearshifts RPM limit from 3000 to 2500, i know its very tough for me but just a matter of 1-2 weeks.

2. As soon as cabin gets cool i switch off the ACC (24 degress) using compressore button , i know its stupid as ACC is there but am ok with a little less cool air for 1 min and its just for 2 weeks.

3. Not doing sudden gear changes to 2nd from 3rd to get that intiitial pickup from the car.

In the 61 kms travelled so far,
MID shows 12.1 km/l
AVG SPEED 29 km/h
Hope the MID is not making a fool of me and tricking me.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:48   #80
BANNED

There is another peculiar thing I noticed. The Avg FE on MID drops by 0.5 - 0.7 kmpl between the time you shut off the car & when you restart the car after 4-5 hours. e.g. My home-office distance is 31 kms. I reset the trip B while starting & when I reach office lets say the avg FE shows on MID at 10.00 kmpl. End of the day when I restart the car at office, the avg FE (for that original morning journey) shows 9.3 - 9.5 kmpl on MID instead of 10.00 kmpl shown earlier.
Old 11th June 2009, 14:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Am facing an issue which has resurfaced. Yesterday whenever i braked i could hear some humming sound from the brakes, am confused as to what it is . Sometimes the sound isnt there and sometimes its there, whats the problem?

VP,
In my case also it drops but not with that magnitude. Mostly it drops between 0.1-0.3 at max. The cranks cause the MID to show reduced mileage. If as soon as i stop on red light and switch off the car when i crank again MID shows 11.2 from 11.4 which was earlier.
Some amount of petrol must be there in fuel lines and the MID isnt that accurate too its always +/- 0.2-0.4, also MID must be measuring fuel quantity there in fuel tank only and more fuel is consumed when we crank again and switch on ACC ASAP
Old 11th June 2009, 16:00   #82
BHPian

Oh don't worry coolboy. That humming is normal. The brake noise was the first thing most of us noticed. It's basically the brakes settling in, if you have ABS on you car. After a while it will stop. Mine actually reduced drastically after having to brake twice suddenly on my drive to Mysore.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:10   #83
BHPian

Linea Color Update.

New color of Linea now available. Its a dark gray(see it at the international Linea site), similar to the one in the 2009 Honda City. Saw it this morning at the dealer, along with the bright red Grande Punto.

cheers
Old 11th June 2009, 16:11   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Oh don't worry coolboy. That humming is normal. The brake noise was the first thing most of us noticed. It's basically the brakes settling in, if you have ABS on you car. After a while it will stop. Mine actually reduced drastically after having to brake twice suddenly on my drive to Mysore.
Yes,
It'll reduce. In my car initially it came everytime I applied brakes. Now it has reduced though it comes sometime
Old 11th June 2009, 16:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

yes for me too the same.
It reduces, but sometimes i am able to hear the noise.
I asked TATA CSM for the solution.

Again,The Rear Armrest is producing some squeaking noise.
The Plastic inside the Cloth is floating/Shaking while you meet with a potholes and produce some vary sound at very slow speed like driving over the Speadbreakers crossly.
Any one notice it?
Old 11th June 2009, 16:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Linea Color Update.

New color of Linea now available. Its a dark gray(see it at the international Linea site), similar to the one in the 2009 Honda City. Saw it this morning at the dealer, along with the bright red Grande Punto.

cheers
You still have not told us what color you have opted for.
I quite like the dark blue that they have in their international lineup more than the dark grey
Old 11th June 2009, 17:38   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
You still have not told us what color you have opted for.
I quite like the dark blue that they have in their international lineup more than the dark grey
I've opted for the vocal white. Had been waiting for the light blue to come out but then i saw the white and well, it looks quite cool. However, the silver grills and fog lamp covers don't gell with the vocal white and hence am getting them painted black before i take delivery. The mirrors , brake calipers and the brake drums too will be painted. Cant decide on what color though. Depends if I can get Black or white alloys? So, a lot of decisions resting on one another.

In fact, I'd gone to the dealership in the morning to check on the status of my car and lo! there she was ..... standing next to the dark grey Linea.
PDI for my car will be done today and tomorrow, they start the custom spray job. Will keep you posted with pics.

cheers
Old 11th June 2009, 19:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

@ Ghostrider,
Good that you too are going for a Linea and finally i have a Linea owner Tbhpian in New delhi. Hurray. Vocal white is a good colour i must say and looks very classy. Which dealer are you buying the car from? Do start a thread as soon as you have the car. It will be interesting to see how thos custom painted parts look like.

@ ALL
All right, my mileage now stands at 12.2 km/l and car is just shy of 2500 mark (i was in an illusion my Linea has completed 2500 kms, silly me). Here are the pics as a proof of MID various modes.
Also i did interior polishing today as black dash and parts were looking dull, gave them "petrowax" dashboard polish, my favourite from 2001. Its economical and lasts for a long time and better than sprays. The interiors are now giving wet black look like at the time of delivery
Regarding brake noise issue, seems its normal as everyone is having it.
Let the pics do the talking ,

Various MID modes to show FE am getting by above method (post #79)
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-002.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-003.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-004.jpg

My Petrowax polish
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-005.jpg

[b] This gap was too dirty, sponge with polish cleaned it too]
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-006.jpg

This is before using polish
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-007.jpg

After using polish, shine came back
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-009.jpg

Funny place to keep but i keep all my car care products there LOL
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-011.jpg

FIAT LOGO on car cover from inside the car
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-001.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 11th June 2009 at 19:22.
Old 11th June 2009, 20:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I've opted for the vocal white. Had been waiting for the light blue to come out but then i saw the white and well, it looks quite cool. However, the silver grills and fog lamp covers don't gell with the vocal white and hence am getting them painted black before i take delivery. The mirrors , brake calipers and the brake drums too will be painted. Cant decide on what color though. Depends if I can get Black or white alloys? So, a lot of decisions resting on one another.

In fact, I'd gone to the dealership in the morning to check on the status of my car and lo! there she was ..... standing next to the dark grey Linea.
PDI for my car will be done today and tomorrow, they start the custom spray job. Will keep you posted with pics.

cheers
Nice to see the designer in you coming out.White looks awesome.Good you waited.Makes sense to do away with the silver grill and fog lamp cover. Black is the way to go.

Raj if you are reading this maybe you can get your grill and fog holders black as well and your black beauty will look sexier.

Let the mirrors be white and get the brake calipers in the bright ferrari red/or red closer t the fiat monogram red, they will look fab with black wheels.

Thats just my 2 cents am sure you have some pretty neat ideas yourself
Attached Thumbnails
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-jedesignmultispokeb.jpg  

Last edited by pranava999 : 11th June 2009 at 20:06.
Old 11th June 2009, 20:08   #90
BHPian

Hey coolboy nice to see your mileage figures improving. Also how is the Formula1 - Scratch out? Have you tried it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks