Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:58   #181
Senior - BHPian

I would advice you not to go for the teflon thing. IMy uncle had done this teflon thing in his indica and one year after that the car lost all its shine.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:52   #182
Senior - BHPian

Seat height adjuster and a mail to Fiat

Me and dad were now getting really frustrating with this seat coming down issue. Initially it went like a joke but after 5 months of car buying and no solution today sent a fiery mail to top brass of tata-fiat. Here is the mail transcript:

My mail to fiat-tata
My decision to choose a Fiat after owning a Hyundai for 7 years was tough even more with people telling me horror stories of parts problem and poor customer service from fiat. Even though i went for this car as am a member of TEAM BHP (coolhboy007) and friends there persuaded me to go for Linea and seems it was a big mistake on my part. There is a issue a frustrating issue which Fiat is unable to solve after 8 months of launching the car of which you should be ashamed of.

The drivers seat height adjustment is faulty and after a few hours the seat comes down on its own from the desired set height. Sometimes, chrome strips from quarter glass fall and i after spending 8 lakhs on a car like a fool stick it back with a glue again and again and also keep pulling the height adjusting lever up 10 times in a day.

Had sent a mail to fiat before but it went unheard i guess regarding the same problem.
Punto and Linea are wonderful cars fiat, dont kill it like you killed Palio with no service support and niggling issues. If Indian customers have believed in you again then provide them service otherwise bad word of mouth is enough to kill a brand especially fiat which is recovering from low sales.

Dr Amit P shah from Ahmedabad has got his seat height adjusting mechanism changed, dealer ASPI motors, ahmedabad. Am telling you this so you dont say this problem is unsolved till now. Change whatever part you can but stop that seat from coming down, i am disappointed too much with this problem now.
I want a resolution of this problem soon as am frustrated with this parts problem again and instead of telling people to go for Linea i will tell them to buy nothing from this company so atleast their 7-8 lacs are saved.
Thanks
Rajat Sharma
098XXXXX

Within 20 mins got a reply from fiat

Dear Mr Sharma

I am sorry that you are Facing problems which have not been resolved

My customer support team would be in touch with you and ensure that you face no product issues.

Regards
Rajeev Kapoor
President and CEO
Fiat India Automobile Ltd.
Sent using BlackBerry........

Intial response seems good, would be better if TASS follows up and gets this thing done or one day i will throw that seat height mechanism out on the service centre and fill some bricks below the seat to keep height fixed

Am 5'5 and i need seat at max level, cant keep pulling that lever for 3-4 years.
Thanks to Dr Amit for letting me know he changed mechanism and for providing his contact details.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:51   #183
BHPian

coolboy, I sent you the concerned "Fiat quality control" person's email.
Did you contact him?
Old 20th August 2009, 00:19   #184
BHPian

Help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Did you contact him?
Neo, please PM me too the contact, thanks.
Old 20th August 2009, 14:59   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Did you contact him?
Yes i did that 5 days back with a a bcc to Mangesh too but there was no response, thats why i was so frustrated.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:29   #186
BHPian

Mangesh is not responding to these days.
I wrote him several mails and he was silent.

Yesterday, i wrote a mail to Aashish and Rajeev Kapoor, he called me today.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:00   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Mangesh is not responding to these days.
I wrote him several mails and he was silent.

Yesterday, i wrote a mail to Aashish and Rajeev Kapoor, he called me today.
Seems Mangesh has gone on a long holiday as he always responded to each mail i sent to him. Mr Rajeev Kapoor was quick to send a reply, 24 hours over and no contact yet from fiat

Lets see, will wait for 24 hours more and then send a mail to Aashish bhardwaj as my final move, if nothing happens will just sit quiet and keep pulling that height lever up up up and also wonder that why i didnt understand that a dog's tail will never get straight whatsoever we may do.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:54   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Seems Mangesh has gone on a long holiday as he always responded to each mail i sent to him. Mr Rajeev Kapoor was quick to send a reply, 24 hours over and no contact yet from fiat

Lets see, will wait for 24 hours more and then send a mail to Aashish bhardwaj as my final move, if nothing happens will just sit quiet and keep pulling that height lever up up up and also wonder that why i didnt understand that a dog's tail will never get straight whatsoever we may do.
@Coolboy - IMO, the last option would be to write to FIAT ITALY & copy the mail to Mr. Aashi Bhardwaj & Mr. Rajeev Kapoor. If that does not work, well I guess all FIAT owners know their fate.
Old 20th August 2009, 21:28   #189
BANNED

CoolBoy (or shall I say Rajat),

Cool down (as your user ID says!!).

I've few things to suggest if it makes sense to you. Though your frustation is understandable, You can easily tackle Seat height issue till Fiat resolves it (not for a moment I'm suggesting you take it lying down):
  • Raise it to the max height level & take care your thigh does not touch lever while ingress/ egress. Check everytime you step in the car.
  • For resolution, forget Mangesh. His response time is much longer (for effective resolution). May be he lacks authority.
  • Send a strong mail to ceodesk, aashish bhardwaj, mangesh & support IDs plus IDs of North region Tata Officials
  • Contact Aashish Bhardwaj (Product Manager, Linea) & tell him in no uncertain terms that resolution is available by Fiat at, why Dealer is not doing it. Ask him the Corporate Quality Manager (North) contact details.
  • Somehow, I've got good response by Corp quality team who is empowered by CEO for anything to ensure customer satisfaction with no limitations.
Let me know how the response is in next 2 days. If not lemme see if I can help.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:19   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
CoolBoy (or shall I say Rajat),

Cool down (as your user ID says!!).

I've few things to suggest if it makes sense to you. Though your frustation is understandable, You can easily tackle Seat height issue till Fiat resolves it (not for a moment I'm suggesting you take it lying down):
You can say Rajat ,
Well, thanks for your help. What is troubling me is that i get a mail from ceo fiat and no call from support staff after 24 hours got over.
I have no other problem with my Linea, no creaks, no rattles nothing but just this 1 issue i want them to solve and they arent listening to me.
Till now support was fantastic whenever i contacted them but this time they aren't "happy to help".

Am waiting for 2 more days and then i will contact Mr Aashish with a strong mail, if nothing happens i will trouble you to help me out with his corp quality thing.

These days its raining here in Delhi and we aren't taking Linea out, will try that thigh doesnt hit lever though i forget it everytime. Should stick a note on my seat "Watch your thigh dude"

EDIT:
Sent a mail to Ashish babu, this is my last mail to anyone at fiat, after this if nothin happens will live with this problem.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 20th August 2009 at 23:25.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:58   #191
BANNED

Quote:
EDIT:
Sent a mail to Ashish babu, this is my last mail to anyone at fiat, after this if nothin happens will live with this problem.
No, you'll not have to live with it. Reply to that CEO mail that nobody has contacted you. Wait till tom EOD. If no reply, pls PM me your cell no. I'll give you a call then lets see how to take it forward.

PS: I've this issue & is pending from my side only. Fiat has asked me to give any day any time & they'll get it resolved. I'm tied up with work
Old 21st August 2009, 00:32   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
No, you'll not have to live with it. Reply to that CEO mail that nobody has contacted you. Wait till tom EOD. If no reply, pls PM me your cell no. I'll give you a call then lets see how to take it forward.

PS: I've this issue & is pending from my side only. Fiat has asked me to give any day any time & they'll get it resolved. I'm tied up with work
VP,
Ok i will send one more mail tomorrow evening and if nothing happens will PM you my contact so we can talk and solve this issue as you know quite a lot of senior people at fiat.

I know you are the one who raised this issue and now afraid that your serv centre will spoil the already spoil heigh adjuster. For this issue to get solved, i will take leave for one day and get this done, any service centre in delhi but this gets done and i have peace of mind.

P.S
Maybe going to Rajasthan this weekend in my Linea, my car really hasnt tasted the wonderful Jaipur highway yet, will also get a chance to test top speed this time.
Old 21st August 2009, 01:02   #193
BANNED

Quote:
VP,
as you know quite a lot of senior people at fiat.
No, Rajat. In fact, I do not know any senior people at Fiat, never spoken to anyone except 2-3 persons. the person I happen to know is also a very humble, down-to-earth person officer. But he gets the work done which is what is important to me so never tried to contact anyone else.
Quote:
VP,
I know you are the one who raised this issue and now afraid that your serv centre will spoil the already spoil heigh adjuster.
Its the other way round, Rajat. It was "offered" to me rather than me suggesting that the vendor will do it instead of TASS.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

No Response from Fiat

Well i contacted everyone i could, from CEO to product manager, Aashish to Mangesh and have finally given up.

They have not replied to me, nor any automatic reply or any callback from tata or fiat. The seat height issue i think will be replaced for those who rub their noses in front of fiat's factory.

Am thoroughly disappointed with this support i got from Fiat and worry what would happen in future if something serious occurs. For the first time am doubting fiat and wondering why i went for a fiat car.
Maybe going tomorrow on a 600 kms long highway drive, this wondeful car will offset the agony fiat is causing me.

If someone asks me now whether he can go for Fiat, my answer would be to wait n watch rather than go and buy the car asap. Things are not changing quickly for Fiat, after Punto launch seems they are overconfident of their success now.

Well, my friends, tell me what to do now?
Old 25th August 2009, 15:07   #195
Senior - BHPian

i had a talk with concorde yesterday and they also are telling me that fiat is not offering a solution despite their repeated compints about this issue. i have done the complaint myself 3 times over 4 months. they are yet to get back. some thing needs to be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks