Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 10:51   #166
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
So I stood on their head when they were changing it

I think this is the best way to go. Whenever I give my cars for a service, I usually am on the floor of the service station (out of the mechanics way of course) looking at the job being done. I don't interrupt them until I feel something is not being done right.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:24   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Amazing fuel efficiency. Great. Keep the thumbs up always.
My Car is going for the Teflon coating today. I feel it is better to get done before monsoon as it will protect the body paint from rain water
Vinay, am totally in a dilemma whether to go in for a Teflon or not. I think i can depend on your review whether its useful or waste of money. My plans are o hold right now.
Quote:
CB/ Vinay
After reading various threads / posts on t-bhp & the detailed explanations, I had decided against teflon coating. If I were to do some treatment on my
My plans too are on hold for now. My friend had advised me for it, he said that if i dont go for it the silver shiny color will look darker after sometime and lose its shine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
coolboy,
I would advise you against the teflon coating at the dealers. What it actually is a polish applied using an orbital polisher and not actual 'teflon'.
Cheers,
gpa
Its not a dealer, its a full car range shop hosting everything under 1 roof related to cars. They use DUPONT teflon materials and the dabbas were all sealed and were being opened under customer's presence so i thought its genuine.
I know how cheap dealers are, thats why i refused for Teflon at time of delivery

10-15 kms to go and i will come up soon with a LONG 3k kms report or maybe extend to 5k if am lazy like Pranava (cmon man you didnt share even 1st service exp)
Old 20th July 2009, 19:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Here is my 3000 kms update :

Attention grabber
The car has never disappointed in this aspect and is good for attention grabbers. I have seen people ogling at traffic lights and some people who pull their windows down, ask me what car it is, the price and say it looks too good for its price. The looks literally are killer, i really love the rear of the car.

Engine

I have bought 3 cars earlier – Esteem, Santro, Scorpio, Santro xing but never felt so much difference in how the car behaves after running in period gets over. Was very disappointed on how slow my car was till the 800-900 kms mark before my Himachal trip. It felt like my Linea was just crawling in 2nd gear but now things have changed, the engine feels freed up and much more revv happy, 4k RPM comes within seconds and my Linea doesn’t feel left behind in traffic. Slot in 2nd or 3rd and off it goes, very big change from the time of delivery to now which I never experienced in other cars.

Don’t know it its characteristic of Fiat engines or I got accustomed to long clutch ply of Linea.

Gearbox

I would not rate it the best I would have liked it too. Slotting 5th becomes sometimes tough and takes some effort as rarely I miss the right slot where to slot it in. I mean to say its a bit rubbery sort of gearbox.

Suspension and Handling

This will always make me happy however old the car becomes. Yesterday on Gurgaon expressway touched 145 for a few seconds but rock solid on road. It just inspires so much more confidence when I was fighting out with a Fiesta D who started racing when I honked to give way. Curves or going left right though lanes, I love it and the best part of Linea.. The potholes are all gobbled up nicely and rear seat occupants enjoy the ride as much as I do driving.

Plastics and Niggles

Well the so called “cheap and poor plastics” have held their way till now. Nothing broken and no rattle from any side till now . I find interiors welcoming and better than other C segment cars. Issues I faced and which Fiat should solve as quickly as possible.

1. Height adjustable seat comes down
2. Chrome strip came off into my hands when washing the car.
3. Tyre noise in rear side. It’s a continouse humming noise, maybe after 15-20k I may switch over to Michelins(heard they are not the best supporting handling)

A.S.S

Excellent. From the date of delivery to 1st service I have been treated so well with the dealer and tata-fiat that I have no reasons to complain. I have receiver multiple calls from tata-fiat regarding each aspect and even JD power for feedback on 1st service that took my 20 mins. The service experience was better than both my Santro and Scorpio that I get serviced which I had never expected. Hope this enthusiasm for Fiat cars from Tata staff never fades away.

Features and Scratches

Few scratches were caused by DJ when he was taking back his dance floors when i had gone to Himachal. He scratched front and rear bumper but those are faintly visible after rubbing. Scratch on boot door caused by ill mannered children of my apartments, they tried to take out the FIAT logo. Oh god!!!!
Other than that my beauty is spotless.

The Blu n Me and never disappoints me. Anyone who sits in the car and if I use Blu n Me, gets excited and says its amazing how it works. Features like ACC and MID help me in extracting as much as I can from my car, Auto door lock and all that stuff. Love all of it.

Summary till now and FE

Till now each km I covered with my car was relished. My father also drives and he has exact opinion as I have. Never ever did I feel that buying a Fiat was a bad decision over Honda. The car has some faults which I honestly agree not plastics for sure as I don’t find anything wrong in them till now but niggles as I mentioned above. It’s a good piece of machinery and for 7.5 L OTR best value for money for me

FE has improved and my car with AC is now giving 12.2-12.5 in city traffic. A highway drive to Chandigarh is due this month end but maybe the Scorpio will go this time and not Linea.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 20th July 2009 at 19:39.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:12   #169
BHPian

Excellent Review CB.
Today I took it out on a empty road and I literally felt it fast. I was thinking why I was cribbing when I TDed it. All complaints on pickup and lags, shoooooooooooo, gone
Old 20th July 2009, 20:38   #170
Senior - BHPian

Great review Coolboy007, most important is you are happy as a owner
Linea is a great product, enjoy her to the best.
drive safe.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent Review CB.
Today I took it out on a empty road and I literally felt it fast..All complaints on pickup and lags, shoooooooooooo, gone
Thanks Vinay
Believe me man, let the car complete 2000-3000 kms and 1-2 highway trips where you let the engine revv upto 5000-6000 RPM and then see how much the pickup improves after you gobble up some kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Great review Coolboy007, most important is you are happy as a owner
Linea is a great product, enjoy her to the best.
drive safe.
Thanks mate.
Am happy as an owner and enjoying my car, you too enjoy your car.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:34   #172
BHPian

Nice detailed review there CB.

Totally agree with what you said about the engine.
Initial 1000km, 2nd gear felt very constrained .. almost refusing to move.
Now its very much freed up.

Just cross 2000rpm ... and boy does she MOVE. She actually puts up a good fight with more powerful cars.
Old 21st July 2009, 07:11   #173
BHPian

Hi,
Yesterday, I spoke to Mr. Mohit (3M India, Bangalore Branch). I asked him queries regarding Sunflim and 3M teflon. For Sunflim, he connected me to Mr. Chintoo Thakur (Local Distributer, Bangalore) and for 3M teflon, he said that in market, it is famous as teflon but it is actually a Paint Protection. He said teflon is different from 3M PP.

Now, I need to confirm with Prerana Motors, what they are going to do (My Car was not picked y'day as promised by the dealer, Sales guy went on leave and didn't informed anyone about my car pickup). Well, I was expecting this things to happen as Car is now delivered.
Old 21st July 2009, 09:11   #174
BHPian

Guys,
I am big time confused now. Went through the different threads in the forum on teflon.
What I understood is that there are good as well as BAD effect of doing it.

First Confusion - Is Teflon Coating and 3M Paint Protection same or different?

Second Confusion - Now as the dealer is offering it free, should I go for it or forget it for now.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 21st July 2009 at 09:13.
Old 21st July 2009, 09:39   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is Teflon Coating and 3M Paint Protection same or different?
Yes they are different
Old 21st July 2009, 10:39   #176
BANNED

Nice review there, CB. Enjoy your Chico to the maximum

Quote:
never felt so much difference in how the car behaves after running in period gets over. Was very disappointed on how slow my car was till the 800-900 kms mark before my Himachal trip. It felt like my Linea was just crawling in 2nd gear but now things have changed, the engine feels freed up and much more revv happy, 4k RPM comes within seconds and my Linea doesn’t feel left behind in traffic. Slot in 2nd or 3rd and off it goes, very big change from the time of delivery to now which I never experienced in other cars.

Don’t know it its characteristic of Fiat engines or I got accustomed to long clutch ply of Linea.
Exactly what I felt.
I would say its more of a case of one getting accustomed to long clutch ply & gearbox of Linea. It took me more than a month & boy after that my opinion about the engine / power etc got completely changed.

Quote:
Both are completely different.
Quote:
Second Confusion - Now as the dealer is offering it free, should I go for it or forget it for now
Each Tata Dealer is also an authorised dealer for 3M. Ask him to give you 3M treatment free instead of teflon. He'll crib. But negotiate. If not complete treatment, You might get free 1st round treatment (costing Rs. 1500-2000) without free 2nd & 3rd round.
Even thats a good deal.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:18   #177
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Its not a dealer, its a full car range shop hosting everything under 1 roof related to cars. They use DUPONT teflon materials and the dabbas were all sealed and were being opened under customer's presence so i thought its genuine.
CB,

This is interesting. Can you post a few pics of the dealership and also let us know the cost of the treatment?

Cheers,
gpa
Old 21st July 2009, 14:54   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks for the regular update, coolboy007 !!. FIAT is actually famous for its gear boxes. My Palio gear is butter smooth. I just love the gear shifting from
2->3->4. I wonder why the reverse gear lock is missing in Linea (which is kind of a safety measure)
Old 21st July 2009, 16:38   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Nice detailed review there CB.
Just cross 2000rpm ... and boy does she MOVE. She actually puts up a good fight with more powerful cars.
Yeah, after 2k rpm one does get pushed into the seat though maybe a little compared to other cars. I never find difficulty in traffic, its a boon even in 3rd gear the car cleanly picks up from almost standstill pace.
Quote:
Guys,

Second Confusion - Now as the dealer is offering it free, should I go for it or forget it for now.
These are different things Vinay. Regarding second confusion even am confused . Dont think it will be a problem, if you can manage something else instead of Teflon then ok otherwise get it done if he is doing for free.

Maybe next week, i too will get Teflon done as its real teflon from Dupont.
Quote:
Nice review there, CB. Enjoy your Chico to the maximum

I would say its more of a case of one getting accustomed to long clutch ply & gearbox of Linea. It took me more than a month & boy after that my opinion about the engine / power etc got completely changed.
Yeah, the long clutch will make people helpless if they dont know how to use it. Even the engine now feels much more free revving, floor accl on 2nd and 2-3-4 k rpm comes quickly. It hurts my FE for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
CB,
This is interesting. Can you post a few pics of the dealership and also let us know the cost of the treatment?
Delhites may now about Ambience mall, Gurgaon (brags about some longest mall 1-2kms), in its basement RELIANCE autozone is there which hosts Alloys, Dashboard panels, reverse sensors, 3m, Formula1 and other polishes, car treatment products etc.
I dont have pics as of now but if i go there next week to get Teflon coating will get some snaps.
DUPONT Teflon for 2 coats costs : 2700-2800 for Linea. One coat after 6 months, quality of work is too good which makes me want to go for teflon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
FIAT is actually famous for its gear boxes. My Palio gear is butter smooth. I just love the gear shifting from
2->3->4. I wonder why the reverse gear lock is missing in Linea (which is kind of a safety measure)
Thanks mate.
Its not that smooth in Linea, sometimes i find it hard to engage 5th gear, lever just slipped out of my hands when gearbox was tight initially.
Regarding reverse gear lock, it was a good feature why did Fiat ommit it in these cars. Bad thing.
Old 22nd July 2009, 04:49   #180
BHPian

cool so linea petrol has good if not great pick up. it is fast. definetaly not underpowered. and it gets you 12 km.pl mileage with 100% ac. what else can one ask for. its perfect.!!

thanks for the report. keep updating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks