Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 18:23   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
One main thing which came up during the discussion with the SP, I wanted to confirm what are not covered as part of AMC. The SP and a senior SP confirmed that Clutch & Brake Pads does not get covered. It is understandably the wear & tear parts, which needs replacement after an interval, does not get covered in AMC.
Got my AMC contract booklet. Brake pads are very much covered. Logic is - What ever needs to be done as per the schedule, is done free. Clutch plates are not required to be replaced by 60,000 Kms for Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
How about the spare part cost for polo tdi????Which other car would you compare it with to????

While taking a TD of polo tdi from one of the showroom in bangalore, the sales guy said its comparable to i20...

Btw I have seen somebody post a comparison chart on spare part costs of almost all indian hatchbacks here on tbhp.....If anybody has that, can you please point me to that link, since I was not able to find it now.....
Post no: 239 & Page no: 16, on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...report-16.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
guys,
Does the polo come with seatbealt pretensioners with load limiters? I was thinking all cars offering airbags have this feature but looks like that's not the case. Can someone confirm? I guess it is really an important safety feature to have
Seat belt without pretensioners and load limiters, is like tying ourselves with a rope to the seat. This looks very stupid. Sorry!

IMHO, any seat belt on an automobile should have this feature, unless it is a rope that is provided. By the way, just curious - Where did you get this information? Can you share it in detail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Hey All,

I am planning to book Polo(petrol or diesel, still unsure) in few days time. But i am afraid of its maintenance costs thinking it could be high . Can someone throw light on their expenses on regular services, spare parts(if replaced), also opinion as compared to Ford maintenance costs(as they have highest in current scene).

I would highly appreciate if you could respond with above info.

thanks one and all
Hi Adrenalin! All the details you have asked is already covered on this thread. Can you please go through it? Please do not mind me asking you to do so.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:53   #482
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;2025233]Got my AMC contract booklet. Brake pads are very much covered. Logic is - What ever needs to be done as per the schedule, is done free. Clutch plates are not required to be replaced by 60,000 Kms for Polo.

Thanks Chetan for the clarification. Added support for me to decide on Polo . I will be booking Polo Highline TDI in another few days. Choice of color is not decided yet. Red looks great but worrying whether it can be maintained to be looking great down the years. I am sure Black will not be a preferred choice in my family. White though again is good in Polo getting worried about maintaining it. Not yet had a look at the blue and not preferring the Grey (for me Polo does not look that attractive in Grey). I am planning for Silver.
Old 14th August 2010, 10:01   #483
Senior - BHPian

[quote=karthikshan;2025273]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Thanks Chetan for the clarification. Added support for me to decide on Polo . I will be booking Polo Highline TDI in another few days. Choice of color is not decided yet. Red looks great but worrying whether it can be maintained to be looking great down the years. I am sure Black will not be a preferred choice in my family. White though again is good in Polo getting worried about maintaining it. Not yet had a look at the blue and not preferring the Grey (for me Polo does not look that attractive in Grey). I am planning for Silver.
In fact White is the easiest to maintain! IMHO - Any color will loose it's shine in a couple of years MAX. Better buy the color we like and enjoy it for the first couple of years, rather then compromising on the color & living with it for the whole life of the car.

Silver looks classy. But some times looks dull also. It is a good color. Color selection is very much a individual taste dependent.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:11   #484
BHPian

@Chetan:

Thanks for the information. I am not sure how I missed that chart. I guess, I just searched for some words in the thread, and was unable to find it.

One more thing that I wanted to ask about is while going through the Volkwagen india website, I came across an accessory - navigation system with bluetooth priced at around Rs.16K odd. I am not sure if this is one of the system that somebody put up in the thread sometime before (RNS 310 or RNS 510).
I dont know why, but i am really inclined to have one of those bluetooth facility installed in the car.

Meanwhile, I have also decided to book a polo tdi, from cochin though I am working at bangalore. I guess I can save some amt on road tax.

I have a black swift currently, which I am planning to sell off. So I am looking for a color other than Black. Grey is my preference. But I haven't seen any grey polo's other than in pictures.

Black is the color, I prefer the most. However, over the past 4 years, my swift have got lot of scratches, though they are really tiny. Yet they look so loud because of the black color of the car.
All these were due to people scratching the car with nails, keys.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:41   #485
BHPian

Quote:
@Chetan:

Meanwhile, I have also decided to book a polo tdi, from cochin though I am working at bangalore. I guess I can save some amt on road tax.
Kiran, please double check before you buy it in Cochin - if you are planning to drive the car in Bangalore, you will need a Bangalore RTO registration sometime; else you might have to play a bit of hide and seek with the traffic cops.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:09   #486
BHPian

Chrome Package?

@Chethan: On seeing the spec sheet for the Polo highline (pulled by Wildon), I see that there is a 'Chrome Work Package' mentioned; and on seeing a comparable report for a Trendline, I see this absent. Any idea what this Chrome Work Package is?

Also, I understand that the extended warranty is not available - is that your understanding as well?
Old 18th August 2010, 13:56   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
@Chethan: On seeing the spec sheet for the Polo highline (pulled by Wildon), I see that there is a 'Chrome Work Package' mentioned; and on seeing a comparable report for a Trendline, I see this absent. Any idea what this Chrome Work Package is?

Also, I understand that the extended warranty is not available - is that your understanding as well?

Must be the Chrome inserts - Available only on Highline. (have not seen wildon's post though)

Extended warranty prices are yet to be communicated (Strange!). I have been told that it will be available and will cost around 7k for 2 years. Since it can be extended any time during the regular warranty (2 years), I am not behind them for the time being.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:47   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
Kiran, please double check before you buy it in Cochin - if you are planning to drive the car in Bangalore, you will need a Bangalore RTO registration sometime; else you might have to play a bit of hide and seek with the traffic cops.
I am not sure if the police still does that. Because these days the police, even though catch other state registered vehicles, are not demanding any proof of tax receipts from Karnataka. They just ask for DL and RC.

I was once caught a few months before when my no plate was broken, which I realized only when he caught me , and they let me off after checking my DL, and the fine as well.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:15   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Must be the Chrome inserts - Available only on Highline. (have not seen wildon's post though)

Extended warranty prices are yet to be communicated (Strange!). I have been told that it will be available and will cost around 7k for 2 years. Since it can be extended any time during the regular warranty (2 years), I am not behind them for the time being.
Chethan, Wildon pulled out a comprehensive feature list at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2030599 when I quoted him my VIN no. You might want to check it out... very impressive work by Wildon; I wonder if he works for VW?

Am thinking of going for the 4 year AMC for my polo. One question: if you buy the 3 year AMC, do you have an option to extend it to the 4th year as well later?
Old 19th August 2010, 12:32   #490
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if the police still does that. Because these days the police, even though catch other state registered vehicles, are not demanding any proof of tax receipts from Karnataka. They just ask for DL and RC.
Thats good news indeed. Hopefully will continue that way.. just be a little careful though. I undertand that the police 'collections' depend on the time of the month (if they have met their collection quota), any festival season and so on! All the best - maybe this will help us all save a few hard earned bucks
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:25   #491
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;2025233]Got my AMC contract booklet. Brake pads are very much covered. Logic is - What ever needs to be done as per the schedule, is done free. Clutch plates are not required to be replaced by 60,000 Kms for Polo.

Chetan, booked VW Polo TDI HL Today - Color - Silver. I was surprised to see the SP telling me that AMC has been finalized only for Petrol. Though I quoted your case where you have got it for Diesel (in Bangalore) he said that dealer from Bangalore would have got approval but we have got only for Petrol and they would soon have update about Diesel. Not sure what they mean by this. VW is supposed to announce the AMC right, the SP says dealer quotes a price and gets approval from VW. Strange. I am not convinced. I need to find a way to get this clarified through other sources.

Also Metallic Grey & Ocean Blue seems to be available for quick delivery. The SP said that there has been some color plan released by VW for a year or so and in that they find Metallic Grey & Ocean Blue maximum. Again, strange, how can VW can plan for selected colors to be maximum. Do they want to push those colors since they are getting just released? Or are they pushing these colors since they are no takers yet.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:47   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
Chetan, booked VW Polo TDI HL Today - Color - Silver. I was surprised to see the SP telling me that AMC has been finalized only for Petrol. Though I quoted your case where you have got it for Diesel (in Bangalore) he said that dealer from Bangalore would have got approval but we have got only for Petrol and they would soon have update about Diesel. Not sure what they mean by this. VW is supposed to announce the AMC right, the SP says dealer quotes a price and gets approval from VW. Strange. I am not convinced. I need to find a way to get this clarified through other sources.

Also Metallic Grey & Ocean Blue seems to be available for quick delivery. The SP said that there has been some color plan released by VW for a year or so and in that they find Metallic Grey & Ocean Blue maximum. Again, strange, how can VW can plan for selected colors to be maximum. Do they want to push those colors since they are getting just released? Or are they pushing these colors since they are no takers yet.
Congrats Karthik!

AMC prices are very much announced officially, AFAIK. Other owners can kindly confirm. Your Chennai Dealer seems to be a bit casual about it. Call VW toll free number and try to find out.

Colors with VW has got no logic. Looks like they manufacture cars without looking at the booking/requirements! Really crazy!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 23rd August 2010 at 18:49.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:05   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Karthik!

AMC prices are very much announced officially, AFAIK. Other owners can kindly confirm. Your Chennai Dealer seems to be a bit casual about it. Call VW toll free number and try to find out.

Colors with VW has got no logic. Looks like they manufacture cars without looking at the booking/requirements! Really crazy!
Chethan, I will be getting the 1.6 this weekend. Could you please tell me what accessories to buy and what not to buy? Thanks!

Quote:

I was once caught a few months before when my no plate was broken, which I realized only when he caught me , and they let me off after checking my DL, and the fine as well.
The traffic police are not the ones who check this. Its the RTO. They go on drives once in a while, a few times a year and especially in the weeks before March 31.

When caught (and I have been caught for my Maruti 800), its not a pleasant feeling and you basically end up paying tax in 2 states. Ever since I was caught I keep an eye on where they hang out in Koramangala and see them every few months.

If you are willing to dodge the RTO or convince them that you "just" came if caught, its a tidy amount to save though.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:43   #494
BHPian

@nowwhat : i have been driving a swift for past 2 years. When I came down here first in early 2008, I have been asked for Tax paid for Karnataka on several occasions. However of late, they don't ask for that.

What I have heard from few of my friends is, of recent, they saw some article in the newspaper which says that they have rested the rule of making people pay tax for 2 different states.

And if at all they compell, I always have the luxury of paying the tax year by year. This way, few years down the line, even if I need to return back to my home state, wouldn't have any issues. Well, at least I think so
Old 24th August 2010, 11:02   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Chethan, I will be getting the 1.6 this weekend. Could you please tell me what accessories to buy and what not to buy? Thanks!
I would recommend - Body Paint protection coating, Rear Parking Sensor, Mud flaps & Foot mats. Avoid sun films if possible.

Sun films: From my experience - Resists heat transfer both ways - not very useful when we have all power windows, since we can lower the windows in a jiffy when required, to let the hot air escape out. Especially for polo, interiors look better without Sunfilms - Sunfilm is mainly required for privacy, IMHO - Polo already comes with green tinted glass to protect us from UV and solar heat.

"Sun-blind (set) Glare and vision protection" - Check this out. I do not know what it really is! - it may help WRT privacy also. May-be, this can be put on the windows when required.

Quote:
And if at all they compell, I always have the luxury of paying the tax year by year. This way, few years down the line, even if I need to return back to my home state, wouldn't have any issues. Well, at least I think so
Will paying yearly tax - not be an expensive option?

It is high-time for the government to standardise road tax, across all states. That avoids unwanted & cheap thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks