Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 22:52   #421
BHPian

Am dying to know the FE for the 1.6. My highline should be delivered by mid August. Still in doubt if I should go in for the 1.6. All depends on the FE. Come on t-bhp, we need a review.

Chethan: Your thread will serve as a reference booklet for all Polo owners. Excellent topics.

Last edited by Infantarian : 24th July 2010 at 22:55.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:47   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Thanks a lot for the information on the rear sensors. I will get it fitted during my next visit to Bangalore. By the way where can I get Team BHP stickers? The link on the site does not seem to work!!
uvmallya - You should be able to order it through Team-Bhp. I am not sure if it is possible for a Newbie. PM a moderator and find out. If you buy a set, tell me - I will buy a couple of stickers from you! - You can choose yours first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thanks Chethan, you have been a great help!

I just hope I get my Polo soon... I have always waited months for my cars be it the 800 or the Esteem, but strangely this time I am finding the wait a little unbearable.
It is my pleasure!

IMO, when you were waiting for 800 or the Esteem, you were not a Team-Bhp member. But now, with this kind of involvement, you are finding it difficult to spend time/concentrate on other things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Chethan: Your thread will serve as a reference booklet for all Polo owners. Excellent topics.
Many Thanks!

I do not think that the FE for 1.6L will be less then 10 Kmpl in the city driving condition. It should be around 11 Kmpl, about 2 Kmpl less then 1.2L

Last edited by Chethan B G : 24th July 2010 at 23:51.
Old 25th July 2010, 11:13   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Am dying to know the FE for the 1.6. My highline should be delivered by mid August. Still in doubt if I should go in for the 1.6. All depends on the FE. Come on t-bhp, we need a review.
Its hard to review something that hasn't been launched yet!

I booked the 1.6 towards the end of June and honestly I am unsure whether I made the right decision. My wife drives from Koramangala to Marathahalli, around 30 kms round trip. Yesterday I read in Autocar India that the FE of the 1.2 petrol is 10.9 (city) and 15.5 (highway). I can only hope the FE on the 1.6 doesn't dip below 10 even though it seems ambitious.

This coupled with the fact that the product hasn't been launched + delivery date hasn't been announced makes me wonder what I was smoking when I made that booking. Sometimes I feel I should have booked the 1.2 Diesel Highline instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
IMO, when you were waiting for 800 or the Esteem, you were not a Team-Bhp member. But now, with this kind of involvement, you are finding it difficult to spend time/concentrate on other things?
Yeah I think you hit the nail on its head! I forgot about it both times after making the booking for the 800 and Esteem. When the dealer called some 6 months later for the 800 and 2 months later for the Esteem, I actually ended up being pleasantly surprised.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:54   #424
BHPian

Quote:
The one I got was 3700 with tax and fixing charges. This comes with only audio alert.

The other one is Rs.4200 + tax and fixing charges. This comes with the display. There was some problem in routing cables - it seems. So, VW has stopped giving this temporarily.

I am happy with only audio - because, the display will sit below the rear view mirror and the wire will be visible.
Thanks a lot for the information, Chetan.

You've really been of much help to folks - both owners and prospective ones. Truly, as someone said - this thread has become a manual for Polo owners of sorts.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:08   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Thanks a lot for the information, Chetan.

You've really been of much help to folks - both owners and prospective ones. Truly, as someone said - this thread has become a manual for Polo owners of sorts.
Thank you very much for your encouraging words!

Day after tomorrow, I am taking my car to North Karnataka - long trip. Will be back by next Monday and post my experience.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:40   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

At the rate you are going, you will be reporting on your first service soon!

Actually, I am in no hurry, especially with pressure from my wife (who speaks financial sense) to get a fourth year out of my Swift, and reports on VW servicing is something I am very much looking forward to.
Old 26th July 2010, 20:26   #427
BHPian

Chetan, A very nice thread indeed!!!!!!!!

You have really influenced my decision to pick a polo over punto....Glad to hear that you even had a pleasant experience with the A.S.S for VW.

Btw, please pardon my ignorance, one of my friend enquired with a VW dealer in bangalore and they said we can get a system similar to Blue&Me in Punto as an accessory in Polo. Ever heard of any such thing?????
Old 26th July 2010, 21:54   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

I have never known just what Blue&Me does, but the nav system in VW's pricelist is said to come with bluetooth. It's already been posted here, though, that that is an independent unit, with dangling wires --- no advantage to buying with the car.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:01   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post

You have really influenced my decision to pick a polo over punto....Glad to hear that you even had a pleasant experience with the A.S.S for VW.

Btw, please pardon my ignorance, one of my friend enquired with a VW dealer in bangalore and they said we can get a system similar to Blue&Me in Punto as an accessory in Polo. Ever heard of any such thing?????
What the salesman must have been referring to is that you could install a Kenwood music system with 4 speakers as below.
  • Music system MP3/AUX 10800
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB 13700
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB/BT 19300
  • Music system Double DIN AUX/USB 22300
Surely the 19,300 one has bluetooth. Prices above are those quoted by a VW dealer in Pune. Others have said that these prices are very high but not installing through the dealer may void warranty.

As to how the Kenwood Bluetooth compares to Fiat's Blue & Me, I really don't know.
Old 26th July 2010, 23:43   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Service schedule for Polo is as below:
  • First Service is oil-change service done at 15,000 Kms or 1 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Second Service is Interval service done at 30,000 Kms or 2 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Third Service is Inspection service done at 45,000 Kms or 3 year - Whichever is earlier.
  • Whatever needs to be replaced during these services, will be done free of cost - for AMC Customers.
  • Cost of AMC for 3 Years - 45,000 Kms is Rs.19,900/- all inclusive.
  • Cost is same for Diesel and Petrol Polo and all variants - TL/CL/HL.
  • 4 Years - 60,000 kms will cost Rs.34,072/- all inclusive. - Since few extra things are changed.
  • Around 1.5% of Invoice value per Year - Sounds VFM.
  • Extended warranty prices are yet to be announced - Expected to be in the range of 7k for 2 years.
Attachment 389331

Attachment 389336

Overall, I was satisfied with the prices. I have entered in to the AMC for 3 years. I am thinking of extending it to 4 years. I will also avail extended warranty - as and when prices are announced.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I got my car serviced today. People were courteous and my experience was pleasant.

I got the ECU verified for error logs registered. There were none.

I had a small dent on the oil sump cover under the chassis. This was due to a stone hitting the sump on Mysore road, 3 weeks back. Nothing serious.

Chetan, may be a silly question, but the AMC cover Labour costs as well? Can we assume that when a customer has taken AMC they don't need to pay anything (apart from any body works which obviously would be at our cost) when they take the car for service?

BTW, your thread has really shifted me to Polo from Punto . I am continuously following this thread for updates. I am planning to take my family for having a look at Polo and if they are fine with it then I will probably be booking a Polo TDI HL early next month.
Old 27th July 2010, 00:08   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
Many Thanks!

Quote:
What the salesman must have been referring to is that you could install a Kenwood music system with 4 speakers as below.
  • Music system MP3/AUX 10800
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB 13700
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB/BT 19300
  • Music system Double DIN AUX/USB 22300
Surely the 19,300 one has Bluetooth. Prices above are those quoted by a VW dealer in Pune. Others have said that these prices are very high but not installing through the dealer may void warranty.

As to how the Kenwood Bluetooth compares to Fiat's Blue & Me, I really don't know.
Yes. This is what the Sales man would have meant. I would prefer all electrical accessories to be fitted by the Dealer - for all manufacturer - Even if it costs a couple of thousands more. Automobile wiring is a tricky affair and it is not worth taking the risk. A simple grounding problem can cause a havoc.

Coming to Blue tooth - Is it really worth having it? Or is it like - He has it & so I will also have it - sort of a thing?

Initially, I taught of going in for a High-end music system with BT, GPS, 7" Touch screen, DVD, USB, TV & Radio. Kenwood has it and will cost about 60K. I am waiting for Polo to settle down, so that People will be experienced to hook-up the system. I do not want guys out there to experiment on my car. As long as wires are not cut, every thing including warranty is safe.

I discussed this with one of my friend and finally settled for a hands free BT for my mobile, spending 2K. I keep my mobile (in a tilted position) in the cup holder, which is next to the gear leaver - with the display facing me. When it rings, one glance at the mobile will tell me who the caller is. I press the button on my BT to receive the call. A bit cumbersome - But still, I am managing. Advantage is that, it can be used without a problem of privacy.

Major problem with this arrangement is that, we should not forget to charge the BT. And invariably, it has to be done at home. Because, we can not charge it when we are wearing it. And we are always wearing it, when inside the car.

I am also toying with an idea of keeping an Ipad inside the car for entertainment, instead of a music system! 10 inch screen, GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi & every thing!Crazy idea?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikshan View Post
Chetan, may be a silly question, but the AMC cover Labour costs as well? Can we assume that when a customer has taken AMC they don't need to pay anything (apart from any body works which obviously would be at our cost) when they take the car for service?
Yes. You are right.

If we have Warranty + Insurance + AMC on the car - Any given circumstances, should be taken care off. But Insurance will refund only a part of the claim, depending upon the depreciated value.

For any service requirement, resulting from accident or careless usage, labor should be paid separately.

All the best for your car purchase!

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th July 2010 at 21:26. Reason: Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 01:07   #432
Senior - BHPian

Reverse Parking Sensors: Pics!

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-p7260344_1536x1152.jpg
Old 27th July 2010, 10:07   #433
BHPian

Chethan the music system does not display the name of the track or name of the folder right ? I think its quite a letdown. I also felt sound quality was average and nothing to write about. Your comments on these ??
Old 27th July 2010, 10:29   #434
BHPian

The price of accessories from VW are atrociously priced. You can get easily any of the accessories from after market at just half the price VW have priced. The HU can also be installed easily without cutting any of the wires only problem is that antennae coupler can't be connected as they are not available in the market as VW have purchased all the inventories with Kenwood for that coupler. It would be available in market, its just matter of time. In-fact, even essentials like mats, car cover, seat covers & mud flaps are over priced. You could get two sets for the price set by VW.

Quote:
Surely the 19,300 one has bluetooth. Prices above are those quoted by a VW dealer in Pune. Others have said that these prices are very high but not installing through the dealer may void warranty.

Old 27th July 2010, 10:36   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. This is what the Sales man would have meant. I would prefer all electrical accessories to be fitted by the Dealer - for all manufacturer - Even if it costs a couple of thousands more. Automobile wiring is a tricky affair and it is not worth taking the risk. A simple grounding problem can cause a havoc.
Europeans are generally known for flaky electronics. I too wouldn't suggest getting electrical accessories fitted anywhere other than the dealer.

Quote:
I am also toying with an idea of keeping an Ipad inside the car for entertainment, instead of a music system! 10 inch screen, GPS, 3G, Wi-Fi & every thing!Crazy idea?!
I wonder if the iPad may be a bit of overkill. I also don't know how much music you can hear on it.

For GPS, I have heard MapMyIndia is detailed. I have used Google Maps on the Blackberry and I found it to be good to figure out where I am.

By the way, whatever happened to looking out of the window? My son is so zoned out watching cartoons on TV or on the iPod that there is no way I am going to get something in the car that can even remotely display a movie

Quote:
Reverse Parking Sensors: Pics!
Does VW Downtown BLR register the vehicles at KA 51 (Banerghatta Road)? I may have preferred KA 1 (Koramangala).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks