Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 11:47   #1171
Team-BHP Support

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
As for the series, try RE and CS (color stable) series which are economical. RE starts from 2k for 25-30% heat rejection and CS starts from 3500 rs.
There is no way RE starts at 2k, its obviously fake then. SP is the cheapest series and would be around 2.5-3k. RE and CS are more expensive.
Old 28th April 2012, 13:19   #1172
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There is no way RE starts at 2k, its obviously fake then. SP is the cheapest series and would be around 2.5-3k. RE and CS are more expensive.
sorry akshay, my mistake. I should have said SP got messed with the series names. SP is also good. I was quoted 2k for the lowest end SP series (think SP20 or SP30..).
Old 29th April 2012, 04:10   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX
Btw, the supreme court verdict is more to say that sun film should be installed only with colors within the permissible visibility limit.
It would depend on how the ruling is interpreted by the administrators. Most cars today come with some amount of tint on the glass from the factory. It hovers from 15% to 25% of reduction of light. If I remember correctly the limit for the windshield and rear glass is 30% and for the other glasses 50% reduction. Measuring the actual percentage after installation of a film remains open and is sure to result in confusion and misinterpretation.
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 09:55   #1174

I have just 10 post's on my account, wanted to share pics of my new POLO, took delivery yesterday, some unexpected features added to this Baby..!!

someone please suggest if I can host a pic or 2 on team-bhp ?
Old 14th May 2012, 17:19   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009 View Post
I have just 10 post's on my account, wanted to share pics of my new POLO, took delivery yesterday, some unexpected features added to this Baby..!!

Callme9009 - Congratulations!

Uploading pics on to BHP garage is not possible when you are a newbie. But you should be able to post them on the thread. PM me if you can not do it.
Old 15th May 2012, 00:50   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009 View Post

Curious to know what the additional features in 2012 models are. Could you please elaborate on the changes?
Old 16th May 2012, 07:56   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Callme9009 - Congratulations!

Uploading pics on to BHP garage is not possible when you are a newbie. But you should be able to post them on the thread. PM me if you can not do it.
Ya .. I did realize that, I have to host it somewhere else and insert the link here .. np, will post some photos later!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Curious to know what the additional features in 2012 models are. Could you please elaborate on the changes?

So Guys here are some new features :
  • One touch on all four windows
  • Driver side control for all four windows - This feature was there initially but then taken off, my model came with this feature.
  • Windows can be opened /closed with the key remotely, this feature was again there initially but taken out later.
  • AUX port , I have seen 2012 high line models that do not have this feature.
  • Gear indicator.
That is all I think .. btw the IPL car pad is a lot more than I ever imagined. Its a full-time android navigation system. It goes right into the aux port and come with 2 mount options, on on the wind shield or rear seat. The pad is really powerful and can be used for watching movies and anything else you can think of. The resolution and sound lives up to VW's class.

Can some highline owners tell me what tyres your car came with ? I just love the look of my tyres .. it seems to be broader than other polo's I've seen.
callme9009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:48   #1178
BHPian

Checked with VW, Hosur Road today and there is something called a Polo and a Vento Limited Editions!

Now what exactly is Limited about this?

This is what the SR told me : For limited edition, we are giving body coloured door handles and mirrors and a multimedia system FOC on the trendline onwards.

When asked about the steering mounted controls, the SR told me that its not a part of this LE but definitely a part POLO 2013!!!

Would like rareone to comment!
Old 4th September 2012, 19:18   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Polo has completed 42K+ Kms on the ODO and it is now time for the 3rd service. 2nd service was done at 27K+ Kms on the ODO.

Today, called VW Downtown for a service appointment - Was surprised to get an appointment date as late as 20th September!!

Above this, I was told that the same will be confirmed one day before!! God knows what other surprises are in store!!
Old 4th September 2012, 19:29   #1180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G
Polo has completed 42K+ Kms on the ODO and it is now time for the 3rd service. 2nd service was done at 27K+ Kms on the ODO.

Today, called VW Downtown for a service appointment - Was surprised to get an appointment date as late as 20th September!!

Above this, I was told that the same will be confirmed one day before!! God knows what other surprises are in store!!
They are so chock a block, you will not believe it. I would have expected the management to have identified another temporary premises. I do not know why the new facility on Hosur Road has not opened yet.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 11:32   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Because of today's bandh, Polo's service appointment was postponed to 25th Wednesday.

I feel that the engine vibrations and noise have increased off-late. I heard that the earlier rubber mounts were replaced with hydraulic mounts on a case to case basis (?). Planning to get this done.

Will have to see if they are going to replace it as warranty replacement (since it is a known issue) or charge me... Does any body have an idea how much it would cost?

Dear Mods - Please change the title of this thread to "New Polo - Highline TDI - Long Term Ownership Report".

Last edited by Chethan B G : 20th September 2012 at 11:38.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:02   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I heard that the earlier rubber mounts were replaced with hydraulic mounts on a case to case basis (?). Planning to get this done.
Will have to see if they are going to replace it as warranty replacement (since it is a known issue) or charge me... Does any body have an idea how much it would cost?

If your car's VIN falls in the need for change the service personnel would change it. It is free of charge. Had seen this done during the Monsoon check up.
I am surprised that incase your VIN number qualifies for this change that this was not done earlier. i will not be surprised if Downtown is not going to charge you for this!

However I am have the change done at Palace Cross service station. They have done it at 5k kms on their own after validatiing the VIN number.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st September 2012 at 14:07.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 10:49   #1183
BHPian

I have a 2011 Polo Trendline TDI and have completed around 14000 km so far.
Its fun to drive and the fuel efficiency has been quite good.

However on reliability, its been a little iffy so far.
Within the first 3 months, the driver side power window motor stopped working thankfully it was rolled up. Hence did not create a problem.
This month there was some problem with the accelerator, wherein every time I take the foot off the accelerator, the engine started racing.

While both repairs were taken care of under warranty and quickly, I had to waste 2 full days at the service station unnecessarily.

Funnily VW in Thane insists on taking 2.5% extra if you pay by card. Every time I have to remember to carry cash, which is another headache. I don't face this problem with Maruti and Honda who happily accept card payments.

Also getting a bit worried about what happens after the warranty expires.

Frankly a little disappointed with the VW experience, I was quite keen on upgrading in the next couple of years, doubt it will be within VW though.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:10   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
I have a 2011 Polo Trendline TDI and have completed around 14000 km so far.
Its fun to drive and the fuel efficiency has been quite good.

However on reliability, its been a little iffy so far.
Within the first 3 months, the driver side power window motor stopped working thankfully it was rolled up. Hence did not create a problem.
This month there was some problem with the accelerator, wherein every time I take the foot off the accelerator, the engine started racing.

While both repairs were taken care of under warranty and quickly, I had to waste 2 full days at the service station unnecessarily.

Funnily VW in Thane insists on taking 2.5% extra if you pay by card. Every time I have to remember to carry cash, which is another headache. I don't face this problem with Maruti and Honda who happily accept card payments.

Also getting a bit worried about what happens after the warranty expires.

Frankly a little disappointed with the VW experience, I was quite keen on upgrading in the next couple of years, doubt it will be within VW though.
Hi Sunil!

Sorry to hear about the problems.
  • Have you had any speaker upgrades? Window-glass misbehaving is a known issue in Polo. High-time for VW to take it seriously.
  • Problem with accelerator is a new one. May be something specific to your car. Scary!!

Recently I was going through JD Power results on Reliability. It was very interesting. Japanese companies Top the list. German cars are mostly performance oriented (Ride, Handling, Build, Dynamics) and are average in Reliability.

I am 100% with you on this. It is really a choice between performance and reliability. :(
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 18:50   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Window-glass misbehaving is a known issue in Polo
Is it? A couple of times my driver's window has refused to move anywhere from open. "rebooting" the car has fixed it, and being unable to reproduce it, I don't know what I would tell an engineer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks