Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 11:10   #1021
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Thanks for the info Omega Man. Now, I'm totally confused abouthow should I use it . Please guide me the windhshield cleaning process using this fluid.
This is a really small bottle of 25 ml that you pour into the windscreen wiper fluid container with 2.5 liters of, preferably, distilled water.

If you want to clean the glass manually, Sonax has a Clear Glass Spray Bottle & Clear Glass Foam Can also.

I emptied the old wiper washer fluid completely and poured Sonax Clear View 1:100 concentrate with 2.5 liters of distilled water. Its working well for me.

Hope this helps, Cheers

Last edited by Omega Man : 30th September 2011 at 11:11.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:16   #1022
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

^^^ Thanks mate. Got an idea about both the products you've mentioned. And thanks for that autofresh site too! It looks like a nice way to buy car care stuff online
Old 30th September 2011, 13:51   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Chetan, could you tell me how much it is & from where did you get it? I find it tough to clean the windshield especially after a long drive on the highway.
This is available in most automobile accessories shop also. It is also available in Metro. I bought it from "The Junction" in Jayanagar 4th Block.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:55   #1024

@ Ankit - Based on the your review of Witson HU, I have ordered one from them directly. Could you please guide me on the Maps loaded on SD card, how do i download them and procure.
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:42   #1025
BHPian

@Chetan and all the other Polo owners- I know I probably shouldn't be asking this, since VW is known for quality. But still, I want to know.
After so many months of driving, any rattles, squeaks or any such noises being heard from the inside of the car?
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:42   #1026

14 months down, I have my first rattle in the driver door. No biggie.
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:46   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
14 months down, I have my first rattle in the driver door. No biggie.
How much have you driven in these 14 months? What's the ODO reading?
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:56   #1028

Under 19,000 km. It's used for my daily commute - about 50km round trip.
Old 10th November 2011, 00:43   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
@Chetan and all the other Polo owners- I know I probably shouldn't be asking this, since VW is known for quality. But still, I want to know.
After so many months of driving, any rattles, squeaks or any such noises being heard from the inside of the car?
I have not experienced any rattles so far. My ODO is around 31K Kms. The more I drive this car, the happier I am. As a complete package, Polo is excellent.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 18:17   #1030
BHPian

I just got my WITSON for my POLO today. Made payment on friday, despatched on Monday , reached Bangalore on Tuesday and delivered to me today.

I had ordered the W2-D9235V HU along with Camera and was quoted USD 400 ( inclusive of DHL charges ) + usd 24 for payment through paypal.

It was only on getting this did I realise that I should have gone for the earlier model which looks more like the VW OEM. I went by their recommendation that this was the latest model. The only difference being that this has a 8 inch screen and the buttons are puny.

I am yet to check out who can fit it for me in Chennai. Does anyone here have any suggestions for me?
Old 11th November 2011, 09:53   #1031
BHPian

Rameshsar, Saravana Prabhu of Power Zone can get it done for you. I got my audio fitted from him and found a few empty boxes of Caska & Witson. Search the threads for his contacts!
Old 26th November 2011, 13:10   #1032

Hi Chetan

Thanks for your extensive detailed ownership review. I was wondering what the details for your 2nd service were. I understand you have an AMC so you're completely covered but do you have any idea about the prices for the 2nd one?

Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 08:02   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Hi Chetan

Thanks for your extensive detailed ownership review. I was wondering what the details for your 2nd service were. I understand you have an AMC so you're completely covered but do you have any idea about the prices for the 2nd one?

Thanks
Second service cost = First service cost + Price hike over last year due to inflation? + Cost of Break pads.

I did not ask the price of the Pads (Both front and back). But I can assure that an AMC is worth it, even for petrol Polo.
Old 4th December 2011, 18:43   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I have not experienced any rattles so far. My ODO is around 31K Kms. The more I drive this car, the happier I am. As a complete package, Polo is excellent.
First of all thanks a lot Chetan for your so detailed review of POLO, I was searching right car for me from end of last year, and reading Team-BHP became my routine from that time, I came to your ownership review along with few others and official review by GTO, got stuck with these reviews and still keep reading these time to time. You review helped me alot choosing POLO 1.2 TDI for me and so far quiet happy with the decision.

POLO is really a delight to drive car, purely a driver's car which I was searching for me. Most part of kilometre reading is spent on highways and most time of driving spent in city.

Recently it came to my knowledge that autolock can be get activated through VAG, I want to ask you that is it possible in Trendline too or not, earlier my dealer toataly refused the matter by saying that it can't even be done in Vento or POLO HL but after mailing the VW, writing on VW Facebook page, calling at VW customer care, dealer called me to inform that it can only be done in HL, but I know few CL owners who got it done in their CL, not sure about TL though. Can you confirm this for me.

Thanks again for your so descriptive ownership report, which not only helped me, but sure it helped many others.
tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 21:43   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
First of all thanks a lot Chetan for your so detailed review of POLO, I was searching right car for me from end of last year, and reading Team-BHP became my routine from that time, I came to your ownership review along with few others and official review by GTO, got stuck with these reviews and still keep reading these time to time.
+1, very true, official review+Chethan+Poloman+GauravC reviews together provide all necessary information for someone looking for Polo 1.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Recently it came to my knowledge that autolock can be get activated through VAG, I want to ask you that is it possible in Trendline too or not, earlier my dealer toataly refused the matter by saying that it can't even be done in Vento or POLO HL but after mailing the VW, writing on VW Facebook page, calling at VW customer care, dealer called me to inform that it can only be done in HL, but I know few CL owners who got it done in their CL, not sure about TL though. Can you confirm this for me.
Reading all these information in Team-BHP once I visited one of the VW showroom@Pune to get these features activated on my Polo 1.2 (P) TL. The SAs, technicians are not informed, and honestly, they tried to get these features activated on my car, they spent few hours in doing that, then they contacted VW@Chakan (that`s what I was told!) and I was informed these features are not available in TL (only TL, can be activated in CL/HL though) and hence cannot be activated, however, some other features can be activated which didn't come with the car during delivery (~1.5yrs back).
Like mentioned above, this was for a Petrol car, not sure about TDi.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 4th December 2011 at 21:45. Reason: edit...
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks