Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 23:04   #1006
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Some pictures taken after second service and Diamond-Bright interior and exterior cleaning...
It`s always nice to see you updating your thread, please post details of your 2nd service.

Your car looks as clean and shining as day 1 (both interior and exterior). You may refer this link for any future cleaning/polishing services on your car as you are in the same location -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2224262
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:00   #1007
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Chetan,

absolutely fantastic photos. I too enquired with Diamond Brite and them claim to be the best. Their cost also seems to be on the lower side.

I am curious to know why you chose Diamond brite.
How do you rate it compared to 3M detailing?

Thanks
Adi
Old 19th September 2011, 14:41   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Polo - Highline TDI - 2nd service update.

I got my second service done @ 27,000 Kms on the ODO - That is after running for about 15,000 Kms, from the first service. Following items were done:
  • Engine oil was replaced.
  • Oil filter, Fuel filter, Air filter and AC filter were replaced.
  • All fluid levels were checked and confirmed.
  • Brake pads and shoes were cleaned / checked for wear. Both sets were good for another 15,000 Kms! - Since they were due for replacement during 2nd service under AMC, new sets were handed over to me. I can get it replaced during the next service.
  • Tyre rotation, Wheel balancing and alignment were done recently during tyre change. Therefore, this was not carried out.
  • Pressure wash and interior vacuum cleaning.
All this was done under AMC - Which is now regularised. I was not charged any thing. Consumables, water wash, etc., were all free.

I had coupled this service with Monsoon check-up. I got the "Oil sump guard" fitted @ Rs.1000/-. This needed drilling and welding to be done. Also, it was the first time they were doing it for a Polo in VW-Downtown, Bangalore. Because of this, they had to wait for the VW engineer and take his help. That resulted in leaving my car for 3 days at the dealership - Friday to Sunday. Finally, everything was done well.

I have taken extended warranty for my Polo - Tdi. Warranty for the vehicle is now covered for 4 years / 1,00,000 Kms, whichever is earlier.

My grievances after / during the service:
  • Service interval has not been reset. Now, after running the car for about 3,000 Kms, "service due" indication is coming on. I have to go to the dealer and get it reset.
  • Space is a hugh constraint at VW-Downtown. Because of this, co-ordination and management is pathetic. Fortunately, they are building a new service center in Hosur road, which will be completed in 3 months. Hopefully, I do not have to under-go this hardship during 3rd service.
I had received a follow-up call from VW. I informed them about the second issue. After that, I was promptly called up by VW-Downtown and they apologized.

My car has become very smooth now. May-be since the fuel filter was changed for the first time. I am a very satisfied man!

After the service was done, I got the Diamond-Bright treatment done for the body and the interiors. Car looks new! with about 10% deterioration in gloss, compared to the delivery day.

Diamond-Bright does not use any wax based solution to give shine nor do they use silicon based solvents to polish. They clean the surface throughly and apply a layer of "some chemical" which protects paint and retain gloss.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 19th September 2011 at 14:45.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:52   #1009
BHPian

Hi Chethan,

I am also planning to buy Polo TDI, I do not care if the car is noiser at idle but I am expecting it to get silence at higher speed. Have you ever noted how long it take to reach 0-100 and how is the time to reach from 30 to 100, if I am behind the truck on highway at 30 KMPH and waiting to get the road clear for overtake and once overtaken I want to reach at the crusing speed 120+ asap.
Old 19th September 2011, 16:10   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hi Chethan,

I am also planning to buy Polo TDI, I do not care if the car is noiser at idle but I am expecting it to get silence at higher speed. Have you ever noted how long it take to reach 0-100 and how is the time to reach from 30 to 100, if I am behind the truck on highway at 30 KMPH and waiting to get the road clear for overtake and once overtaken I want to reach at the crusing speed 120+ asap.
Hi Pawan! Please take a look at post no: 321, in page no:22 - on this thread. You will get all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck3R View Post
Hi Chetan, Thanks for putting everything here. I have a few questions for you. I own a 1.2 Trendline.

1) Have you done anything for insulation. In cabin noise is killing my experience with the car. May be you and others can throw some light on how to make this petrol car quiter. I mean tyre, insulation, under hood insulation.. anything and everything that would help and may be what you have done for the same. in case you have, or someone else have. I need this car to be silent. It certainly has a big throat :P

VW-Polo is not known to be a silent car like a Honda, for example. You have to live with it. Try changing over to Michelin tyres if you drive mainly within the city. That may help WRT the road noise.

2) I've only driven the car for around 500 kms and plan to leave for Ajmer early next month which would be a 1000 odd kms journey. I am not sure about run in period. I need suggestions on this. If any driving pattern to use while on long trips with new POLO to be used then would appreciate the mention. What should be the ideal way to run in POLO. I have never crossed 90 kmph so far. Only driven around NCR.

Do not exceed 75% of the engine speed limit, in 3rd gear and above. For lower gears, do not exceed 50% of the engine speed limit - for the first 1500 Kms. This depends on the car you have - Diesel or Petrol? For a Diesel, keep with-in 3000 RPM in higher gears. For a Petrol, keep with-in 4000 RPM in higher gears.

3) I hear noise coming from front under bonut while on rough roads. I feel something is loose which makes sound when on bumpy roads. Any idea on that. I could not go to the SS with the car. But plan to get it checked this Sat/Sun.

Polo brakes make a lot of noise. This could be it. Any ways, please get it checked.

4) What all accessories you've added so far. A list of the items with source and price would be an excellent checklist for the perspective buyers.

As you have said, I have put in most of it on this thread in detail. Please go through it.

5) Wiper blade made a lot of noise during the rain. I feel they've left some marks on the windshield as well. If I look at the car parked from above(2nd floor) I see a visible marks of Wiper blade. Will post pic of the same. to better explaination.

I use Sonax wind-shield clear view 1:100. I do not have a problem.

6) I opted for AMC. I read somewhere on your thread that you ran into some trouble related to that. I was confirmed by the dealer that I would not have to pay a single penny for the next 3 years. And to be frank I was a bit sceptical with that. But the dealer said everything will be taken care of and I don't have to worry about anything. Is that true. Because I don't have anything in writing as well for the AMC. How does that work?

AMC is good in my view. But, as of now, it is available only for Petrol Polo.

7) I am yet to take extended warranty. Is it worth it? I am not sure whether to take extended warranty or not. Because there will be insurance to cover things. A brief description on what does extended warranty cover and what does Insurance cover would be good.

Extended warranty is worth it. Plastic parts, consumables and regular services are not covered.

8) Is a HU like yours is better or a carputer? I am planning to install a carputer for its affordability and multi-functionality. What do you suggest?

Carputer's available right now, are all Chinese make. IMO a regular HU may be better. Choice is yours.

9) I saw a lot of accessories on vw uk website. Have you added anything of that sort. I saw wing mirrors with light. Would it fit in our POLOs. There is a huge list of accessories offered on the website. I wish to get some of them. But I am not sure whether they would be worth spending money on.

You may have visited VW-UK website?

10) Lastly, I want to know if there are after market products available to make a Trendline into more of a Highline variant. (Like I got colored ovrm and door handles. will get fog light as well) So what all can be added to a base model is what I need to know.

A lot is available. To start with, you can go for the alloys. You will get all the details on this forum.

Thanks for listening to me
Kuldeep
Hi Kuldeep,

My replies in bold. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 19th September 2011 at 16:13.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 16:35   #1011
BHPian

Thanks for the reply chetan.

I am not exceeding 3k rpm as of now. And being very light on the pedal.

I went to get the noise checked to the SS. And could not reproduce the same bug in front of the SS guy. I also asked him if we can do something about the door lock.(you need to lock the door yourself. No autolock) He said he might be able to fix it.

In Vento, it was deactivated. Now Vento which does not have auto lock feature can goto the SS and ask them to activate the feature. With this as soon as the car goes above 15kmph will get locked automatically. so he just connected my car with ODB and activated it simple. But for POLO, after trying it twice it did not work. Though the OBD said its activated. Any idea on this guys?
Old 19th September 2011, 19:01   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply chetan.

I went to get the noise checked to the SS. And could not reproduce the same bug in front of the SS guy.
Now I am more certain that it might be the brakes that are making this noise.

When we approach bad road or a hump, we tend to apply brake instantaneously. This results in a different way, when the wheel is touching the ground and when the wheel is momentarily not touching the ground, because of the pot holes and humps.

Try to apply brake before you reach the bad patch and slow down the car. Cross the bad patch without your foot on the brake. Try this and see.

Also, if you are braking hard, ABS will come in to picture. That also makes sound. But Trendline does not have ABS...
Old 19th September 2011, 22:39   #1013
BHPian

no ABS in my variant. And the noise comes very often. not everytime. but I will try your suggestion and see if that makes any difference.
Old 22nd September 2011, 00:04   #1014
BHPian

Icould still hear same sound coming. I am very afraid because the same sound used to (and still exists) come from the wagon R.
Old 22nd September 2011, 08:36   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Icould still hear same sound coming. I am very afraid because the same sound used to (and still exists) come from the wagon R.
Please get it checked throughly. During the TD with the dealer engineer, if possible, use the same stretch in which you noticed the problem.

I still feel that it has to do something with the brake Assembly. Polo's brake assembly is a bit complicated.

Any ways, all the best... Please keep us posted.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:37   #1016
BHPian

Chetan,

I wanted your opinion on the use of performance and fuel efficiency enhancer kits like Racechip ( Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning) and maybe Red Rooster kits on the Polo TDI. Would you know how VW would treat warranty issues when these kits are installed? I was offered a kit at Junction at Jayanagar IV Block which also promised to be plug and play and one that left no trail sort of.

Do these kits offer real performance? Is it safe to use them?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:18   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkateshkm View Post
Chetan,

I wanted your opinion on the use of performance and fuel efficiency enhancer kits like Racechip ( Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning) and maybe Red Rooster kits on the Polo TDI. Would you know how VW would treat warranty issues when these kits are installed? I was offered a kit at Junction at Jayanagar IV Block which also promised to be plug and play and one that left no trail sort of.

Do these kits offer real performance? Is it safe to use them?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
VW or any other manufacturer, will definitely object to any change in the engine mapping - This is for sure.

There are a lot of kits available in the market which would boost power or improve FE ( when operated in different modes). This is usually done by fooling the ECU with wrong data (lower engine pressure for example) and thereby, ECU will direct fuel injectors to inject more fuel/air mixture in to the combustion chamber. This will load turbo charger and also increase pressure inside the engine.

Design of Engine parts and Turbocharger may be rated to take care of this extra load. But still, it will have its risks.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 09:45   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I use Sonax wind-shield clear view 1:100. I do not have a problem.
Chetan, could you tell me how much it is & from where did you get it? I find it tough to clean the windshield especially after a long drive on the highway.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:48   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Chetan, could you tell me how much it is & from where did you get it? I find it tough to clean the windshield especially after a long drive on the highway.
Hi vw19d: SONAX Clear View 1:100 Concentrate 25ml costs Rs.79/- only.

Just 25 ml of the concentrate gives 2.5 liters of windscreen washer cleaning fluid. Removes insects, oil, soot, silicone and dangerous dazzling films without streaks. I bought it online from www.autofresh.in

Hope this helps, Cheers

Last edited by Omega Man : 30th September 2011 at 10:49.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:53   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Hi vw19d: SONAX Clear View 1:100 Concentrate 25ml costs Rs.79/- only.

Just 25 ml of the concentrate gives 2.5 liters of windscreen washer cleaning fluid. Removes insects, oil, soot, silicone and dangerous dazzling films without streaks. I bought it online from www.autofresh.in

Hope this helps, Cheers
Thanks for the info Omega Man. Now, I'm totally confused abouthow should I use it . Please guide me the windhshield cleaning process using this fluid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks