Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:09   #1111
BANNED

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Note from the Team-BHP Support-Team : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Use PM function instead of putting up such posts. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2012 at 13:57. Reason: See note in post :)
unknown is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:44   #1112
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Sorry to interrupt, good discussion, but it will be apt if we can continue this in the official polo TD thread instead of OT on an ownership thread.

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 10:45   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G

Congratulations Rareone! Your Polo will really be a RARE one!

Will be interesting to know the difference in wiring harness in this model.

Can you explore and share? It will be a big help - Especially the way steering controls are wired to the RCD 310..
The RCD 310 Audio system is the same as the one coming in new vento with USB in Glove Box.

Name:  image97003777.png
Views: 4948
Size:  841.0 KB

Name:  image3808208846.png
Views: 4757
Size:  713.3 KB
rareone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 23:46   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Am I right in thinking there is no way to turn off the passenger airbag? Given common Indian family-car usage, with child sitting on knee, this is potentially lethal. If it is the case, perhaps we should have a thread warning family buyers against buying this car if they do not intend to strictly use rear baby/child seats?
There is no way to switch-off the passenger side Airbag. Using rear baby/child seats must become mandatory. I agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
The RCD 310 Audio system is the same as the one coming in new vento with USB in Glove Box.
Thanks!!

Is it possible for you to get the connector details for this system? Also, can you add a BT to this ICU?
Old 25th February 2012, 13:13   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
COOL! Congratulations on your new ride!

Is it a Highline Diesel? Are the Highline petrols also coming with the steering controls now?

Really hope the steering controls can be retrofitted to my 2011 1.6!

Edit - and 2012 versions come with Steering chrome too!!!

Last edited by sids911 : 25th February 2012 at 13:15.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:26   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Really hope the steering controls can be retrofitted to my 2011 1.6!
It should be possible i guess. May be some of the more experienced members here can comment on it.

Does the Vento have the same steering wheel as the Polo ? If so, can't we swap the wheel, and get the wiring for the steering controls done on the Polo. No idea how much it may cost though.
Old 25th February 2012, 15:35   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Actually, it is supposed to be there on the polo, as per the VW service and maintanence manual. However I couldnt locate it in my car and have no clue if it is behind the glove box. If it is indeed there, beats the purpose of having the switch in the first place! Please refer the picture below.

Yes, it is possible to add on the bluetooth adaptor to this HU (not officially from VW), only issue is the adaptor is terribly expensive at around 13k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
There is no way to switch-off the passenger side Airbag. Using rear baby/child seats must become mandatory. I agree..

Is it possible for you to get the connector details for this system? Also, can you add a BT to this ICU?
And leather wrapped too Its the same one that is use on the Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Edit - and 2012 versions come with Steering chrome too!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-airbag-off-switch.jpg  

Last edited by bala80 : 25th February 2012 at 15:36.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 20:04   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rareone,
Neat! Congratulations on the new car.
Would you get now a graphic of the car on the music system display while reversing or is it still just the beep with the reverse sensor?
Thanks,
Deepak
Old 27th February 2012, 20:40   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter
Would you get now a graphic of the car on the music system display while reversing or is it still just the beep with the reverse sensor?
Thanks,
Deepak
Yeap display graphic of the car comes while reversing with the beep sound.
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 17:21   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Its great of VW to keep on upgrading their cars with new features. Hope they would get the ACC fitted too in the Polo. Looking forward to the 1.5L diesel offering
Old 28th February 2012, 21:32   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone

Yeap display graphic of the car comes while reversing with the beep sound.
I visited today VW for a test drive of 1.2 D & 1.6 P but they had only 1.2 D. The Sales Consultant (that's what VW Sales People are called with) when inquired about Polo 2012 coming with Parking Sensors, RCD 310 Audio system, Steering Mounted Control after checking with his seniors confirmed that the 2012 Polo is already with them and they dont have anything like that on offer. He also said there was nothing like this coming soon as they have no communication regarding that.

Now that's a bit of contradiction, but i did tell them that there is for sure a newer 2012 Polo is coming soon Do we have a confirmed news on this? As the VW website also doesn't say anything on this.

Sales Guy is giving a good deal on 1.6 Polo 2011, with discounts nearing 1 Lakh including 50 K cash discount. Also add to that they are providing VW loan at 6.27 for 5 year tenure or 2.25 for 3 year tenure.

Along with 50 K cash discount comes free Insurance worth Rs 26,276, AMC for 2 Years that they claim saves about 20K expense and finally corporate discount of 9K which sums up to Rs 106276. The effective Price comes out to be around 629000 which can be financed at a very nominal rate.

My daily driving is less than 40 Kms per day.Just to let you know i am looking for a car through lease plan so ultimately for me even if its a great deal it wont materialize to own this beauty.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:38   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post

My daily driving is less than 40 Kms per day.
40 Kms per day will amount to 1200 Kms per month. About 110 liters of Petrol @ 11 Kmpl. That is approximately 7100 INR in Delhi. It will amount to 85000 INR per year.

If you buy diesel you save 35% of that, which is Rs. 30,000. Probably makes sense to buy diesel if the average monthly running is above 2000 Kms.

Discount you are getting is very good. It will offset the Diesel advantage for 3 years to come. All the best with Polo 1.6!!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 16:11   #1123
BANNED

Hi Chethan...I am looking to purchase a Polo TDI. Pls advice me on the maintenance costs and FE i can expect...
Old 16th March 2012, 22:08   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Hi Chethan...I am looking to purchase a Polo TDI. Pls advice me on the maintenance costs and FE i can expect...
Hi Manav,

Buy extended warranty which would make it 4 years of warranty in total. Service interval is 15k Kms or 1 year, which ever is early - Will cost around 10K. You can expect 12 -14 KMPL in city and 18- 20 KMPL on highways.

All the best!
Old 16th March 2012, 23:47   #1125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi Manav,

Buy extended warranty which would make it 4 years of warranty in total. Service interval is 15k Kms or 1 year, which ever is early - Will cost around 10K. You can expect 12 -14 KMPL in city and 18- 20 KMPL on highways.

All the best!
Chethan, are the FE with or without AC? 90% of the times I am quite easy on the pedal...Im actually confused between the polo and micra...Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks