Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 23:53   #1036
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

I was informed these features are not available in TL (only TL, can be activated in CL/HL though) and hence cannot be activated, however, some other features can be activated which didn't come with the car during delivery (~1.5yrs back).
Like mentioned above, this was for a Petrol car, not sure about TDi.

Thanks AvonA7 for the reply, so its confirm that TL doesn't come with these features, my dealer also told me the same but I can not 100% rely on their words becasue when I asked them first time, they told me that these features can not be activated even on any variant of Vento or POLO, still have a chance to get it check it in front of my presence, actually I came to know that these features depend on VIN of the vehicle, few have and few don't.

BTW thanks alot to you also as your review was also in my routine those days and helped me in building confidence in the German brand.
Old 9th January 2012, 23:48   #1037

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Like many others in this thread I would like to thank Chetan/Poloman/nowwhat/sadnabrina and all others who have contributed to the Polo threads and made it in to a comprehensive Encyclopedia for the Polo! Based on all your inputs I had got the Polo 1.6 few months back (my first car) and am loving it! I just got my membership approved for the team-bhp forums and wanted to thank you guys first

@Chetan: I am thinking of changing my HU. Though initially I thought the stock unit should suffice - I am finding the lack of USB or Aux-in crippling. I am not a great audiophile - so as long as the music sounds good I am fine so no plans of changing the speakers. I read your posts on upgrading to a Pioneer P3250BT. I see that P3350BT is now listed on the Indian site. I wanted to confirm if the HU can be directly fitted in the polo or we need to buy the accessories that you had ordered from UK? (the connectors, aerial amplifiers,etc)

Thanks once again guys!
Ashwin
kkashwin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 20:08   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkashwin View Post
Like many others in this thread I would like to thank Chetan/Poloman/nowwhat/sadnabrina and all others who have contributed to the Polo threads and made it in to a comprehensive Encyclopedia for the Polo! Based on all your inputs I had got the Polo 1.6 few months back (my first car) and am loving it! I just got my membership approved for the team-bhp forums and wanted to thank you guys first

@Chetan: I am thinking of changing my HU. Though initially I thought the stock unit should suffice - I am finding the lack of USB or Aux-in crippling. I am not a great audiophile - so as long as the music sounds good I am fine so no plans of changing the speakers. I read your posts on upgrading to a Pioneer P3250BT. I see that P3350BT is now listed on the Indian site. I wanted to confirm if the HU can be directly fitted in the polo or we need to buy the accessories that you had ordered from UK? (the connectors, aerial amplifiers,etc)

Thanks once again guys!
Ashwin
Thanks!

All these accessories are available with Connect2. I think, by now it should be available locally.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 13:22   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Phew! Just finished reading 70 pages of an awesome report on the Polo! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

I'm also considering buying either a Polo Highline tdi or a Fabia elegance tdi ONLY for city use. I read your close pal had purchased the Fabia 1.2 tdi and you promised a comparo. How does the Fabia fare against the Polo in your books ? The difference b/w the two is not significant, its only 40k with Polo on the higher side.

Also, i'm getting a 30k off on the Polo 2011 highline, is it a good deal ? Should i go ahead with it ?
Old 26th January 2012, 18:12   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Phew! Just finished reading 70 pages of an awesome report on the Polo! Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

I'm also considering buying either a Polo Highline tdi or a Fabia elegance tdi ONLY for city use. I read your close pal had purchased the Fabia 1.2 tdi and you promised a comparo. How does the Fabia fare against the Polo in your books ? The difference b/w the two is not significant, its only 40k with Polo on the higher side.

Also, i'm getting a 30k off on the Polo 2011 highline, is it a good deal ? Should i go ahead with it ?
Thanks!
  • New Polo is Mark 5 & Fabia is Polo Mark 4.
  • Fabia has height adjustable rear parcel tray and a better leg room at the rear.
  • Built quality is better in New Polo.
  • TDI Engine in both the cars have been tuned similarly. I think Fabia is a bit more heavier than New Polo. FE will be a shade better in Polo.
  • Ride is almost similar. Handling is a bit better in New Polo.
  • VW is a better bet compared to Skoda as far as *** is concerned.
I would any day prefer New Polo to Fabia. But having said that, I am sure you will be happy with any of these two cars.

I dropped the idea of Comparo since no one was interested...
Old 26th January 2012, 18:44   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Thanks!

I would any day prefer New Polo to Fabia. But having said that, I am sure you will be happy with any of these two cars.
Thanks for the honest opinion Chethan. I have another question for you and this is regarding the engine performance. The Fabia i drove was a hoot to drive! Not in the same league as the Swift ofcourse but still super fun once the turbo kicks in. The polo in comparison was quite disappointing. I couldn't feel the turbo kick-in or lets just say it wasn't as fun as Fabia.

Did you observe this in your friends car too ? The Fabia TD car had 25k on the odo whereas Polo TD car i drove had 9k on the odo.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:36   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the honest opinion Chethan. I have another question for you and this is regarding the engine performance. The Fabia i drove was a hoot to drive! Not in the same league as the Swift ofcourse but still super fun once the turbo kicks in. The polo in comparison was quite disappointing. I couldn't feel the turbo kick-in or lets just say it wasn't as fun as Fabia.

Did you observe this in your friends car too ? The Fabia TD car had 25k on the odo whereas Polo TD car i drove had 9k on the odo.
Welcome.

Once the Turbo kicks in, both the cars are the same. May-be, there could have been a difference in the fuel used. Shell-Diesel does make some difference.

IMO, New Polo is a better car to drive on the highways. Diesel cars usually get better and better after 20K Kms ( Also after the first service).

My car has run about 35K Kms. I feel that it is a lot smoother now.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 00:36   #1043
BHPian

Just curious - Was this an informed decision, buying a 3 pot?
Old 27th January 2012, 11:05   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Just curious - Was this an informed decision, buying a 3 pot?
Practically, concern WRT 3 pot is a myth.

I was driving a Matiz (again a 3 pot engine) for about 9 years. Being a naturally aspirated 800cc petrol engine, it did have some loss of power with AC. In case of a higher powered 1.2L engine, this issue is well sorted out. Particularly so with the turbo charged TDI, since it drives on the Torque.

Not really bothered about the refinement level or the NVH. And yes - It was a well informed decision.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:35   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Hi Chethan,

Took the plunge and finally booked a Black Polo 1.2TDI highline today. My car will be delivered sometime next week, hopefully Wednesday. I also got a very good discount on the car as its a 2011 model.

Any pointers on the PDI ? Also how many kms do i need to follow the run-in procedure and how many revs should i restrict it to as of now ?
Old 27th January 2012, 23:54   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Chethan,

Took the plunge and finally booked a Black Polo 1.2TDI highline today. My car will be delivered sometime next week, hopefully Wednesday. I also got a very good discount on the car as its a 2011 model.

Any pointers on the PDI ? Also how many kms do i need to follow the run-in procedure and how many revs should i restrict it to as of now ?
Congratulations!

Waiting period has reduced to a week? What are the differences between 2011 and the latest model? Did you mean from the registration point of view?

PDI : Nothing much with VW. Have not heard of any complaints WRT to the condition of the car delivered.

Run-in: Ideally 1500Kms.

TDI red lines at 5000 RPM. During the first 500Kms, limit engine speed to 50% of the red line, in any gear. Don't race. Don't lug the engine.

For the next 1000Kms, Limit engine speed to 75% of the red line, in any gear. Don't lug the engine.

In-fact, never lug the engine. All the best!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th January 2012 at 23:59.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:52   #1047
Senior - BHPian

I don't know the differences between the 2012 and the 2011 models, may be they'll add a few more features to the 2012 car. 2011 is the year of manufacture.The waiting time is a week as the dealer already has the car in his stockyard and the discount i got (60k approx) is only for 2011 cars. Dealer told me 2012 cars will come only by end of feb.

Will bear that in mind during the run-in period.
Old 28th January 2012, 22:43   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know the differences between the 2012 and the 2011 models, may be they'll add a few more features to the 2012 car. 2011 is the year of manufacture.The waiting time is a week as the dealer already has the car in his stockyard and the discount i got (60k approx) is only for 2011 cars. Dealer told me 2012 cars will come only by end of feb.

Will bear that in mind during the run-in period.
60K discount!!!? Can you share the details?

In fact, our batch did not get discount of even a rupee!! Only corporate discount was available for those who were eligible...
Old 28th January 2012, 22:49   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G

60K discount!!!? Can you share the details?

In fact, our batch did not get discount of even a rupee!! Only corporate discount was available for those who were eligible...
Ya even I was shocked when I finally saw the discount amount! That too for a VW diesel.

VW has a 30k discount on 2011 highline diesels. We were eligible for a corporate discount in platinum category which is about 19555. Since this was reduced from the ex showroom price we saved on road tax. So I'm paying 8.23 now vs 8.8 which was the original otr.

That's about 57k off on the otr!
Old 28th January 2012, 23:00   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya even I was shocked when I finally saw the discount amount! That too for a VW diesel.

VW has a 30k discount on 2011 highline diesels. We were eligible for a corporate discount in platinum category which is about 19555. Since this was reduced from the ex showroom price we saved on road tax. So I'm paying 8.23 now vs 8.8 which was the original otr.

That's about 57k off on the otr!
Polo TDI Highline is now 8.8L OTR in Bangalore!!!

What I paid is around 8.25L OTR without any discount...

Good to know that the price has increased.. Good for resale value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks