Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 19:05   #1066
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
All you Polo owners - Doesn't the Polo also have a 2nd bulb in the foglamp housing meant to be a DRL? If so one of you guys should activate this too.
The first thing I did after reading you're post was check to see if there's any housing for the DRL in the foglamp. Unfortunately, I didn't see any.

Also, a friend picked up this from a VW dealer in Hong Kong last week.
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-img2012020500067.jpg  

Old 14th February 2012, 21:18   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
I heard about reverse-park sensors and audio controls on steering from Abbra in Chennai. I don't know anything about the music system, which might tip the balance, but given a 50,000-off-2011 offer, I wasn't interested in the sensors or the steering-wheel audio.

Probably not many of those 2011 cars still available. The day we were there (4 days ago) they were still waiting to hear the 2012 pricing.
Had visited VW stockyard yesterday, all feb 2012 made polo are coming with aux input. No other change in the car. Attached a snap of the aux input.

Name:  image4032865254.png
Views: 7539
Size:  742.2 KB
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 23:19   #1068
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Had visited VW stockyard yesterday, all feb 2012 made polo are coming with aux input.
Did you notice any change in the HU? Older HU does not have provision for an Aux out. It will be interesting to know if some changes have been done to the same HU..
Old 14th February 2012, 23:31   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Also, is the cigarette lighter a new feature for 2012 models? My 2011 Polo highline doesn't have it,not that I need it
Old 14th February 2012, 23:34   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had visited VW stockyard yesterday, all feb 2012 made polo are coming with aux input. No other change in the car. Attached a snap of the aux input.
That's neat, but USB would be even neater!

No audio controls on wheel and rear parking sensor? If it just that aux in, I'm glad I didn't hold out for it!

I don't know if I can do an ownership report on my new 1.6 Highline Petrol (2011) that will conform to T-BHP's requirements for this thread, but these are the things that I feel short-changed not to have:
  • No one-touch up/down even for driver's window
  • No adjustment of the very bright dashboard light
  • No ring of light around the ignition keyhole
  • No light in boot
  • No window close/open from remote (unless I have misunderstood it).
The manual is useless, because 95% of it applies to stuff we do not get on our versions.

After the negativity, though ... it is a dream to drive!

And, come to think of it, I do not remember my British Golf, about 1990, being at all generously equipped.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th February 2012 at 23:36.
Old 15th February 2012, 01:50   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G

Did you notice any change in the HU? Older HU does not have provision for an Aux out. It will be interesting to know if some changes have been done to the same HU..
The only change in the HU was that the CD button has been replaced with Media button, which gives choice of source between CD & AUX. Rest whole HU was same ;-(
Old 15th February 2012, 02:01   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
That's neat, but USB would be even neater!

No audio controls on wheel and rear parking sensor? If it just that aux in, I'm glad I didn't hold out for it!
There were 2 polo's highline variant with RCD 310 music System (the one which comes in new vento)

Equipped with USB port in the Glove Box
+
Audio Controls integrated on Steering Wheel.

Inquired Sales Executive about those, But both were booked. Had a premium price tag & dec 2011 make.

BTW doesn't all polo highline variant come with reverse parking sensors?
Old 15th February 2012, 02:49   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Mine doesn't.

Honestly, though, it's a hatchback: you look at the back window, and that is where the back of the car is! One gets used to any gadget, but when they tried to sell me this for the Swift, I said, "No thanks, I can drive!" In all modesty.

I'd actually find front sensors more useful, as it is much harder to judge where the front of the car is.

Just glanced at the brochure (well, card...) and it does mention remote opening and closing of windows. How does that work?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 15th February 2012 at 02:51.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 10:18   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
- Speed sensing auto lock at 10 kmph
- Auto unlock on ignition key removal
- Petrol tank lock on 5 kmph
- Audible beep on locking/unlocking

All these are available for HL model on both polo and vento can be activated in just a matter of seconds. All these need to be individually activated and these need to be re-activated again using the VAS system when the battery terminals are disconnected.
Guys, these features can be activated only on a HL or a CL too? My CL TDI is approaching its 1st service & it'd be good some of these things activated on my car too!
Old 15th February 2012, 10:26   #1075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Just glanced at the brochure (well, card...) and it does mention remote opening and closing of windows. How does that work?
LOL thanked your post instead of pressing quote. Anyway to use the remote window operation, press the unlock button to unlock then car and then immediately press it again and keep it pressed, the windows should roll down. Its the opposite for putting them up.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 12:38   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, thanks! I had tried a single long press, and it didn't happen.

This will be really useful for pre-journey cooling

Is it possible that my single long press reprogrammed the system to unlock driver's door only on first press and rest of car only on second. That's what happens now! I don't mind, was used to this in UK, where people find it a useful security feature, eg when alone and sensing dodgy people around in a dark car park.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:10   #1077
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know these are available only on the HL. Do check with your SA though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Guys, these features can be activated only on a HL or a CL too? My CL TDI is approaching its 1st service & it'd be good some of these things activated on my car too!
Thad - Please refer the following post. I hope this will answer your question. This thread has some very useful information, most of which are applicable to the polo too. Do take a look and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2661717

Quote:
Oh, thanks! I had tried a single long press, and it didn't happen.

This will be really useful for pre-journey cooling

Is it possible that my single long press reprogrammed the system to unlock driver's door only on first press and rest of car only on second. That's what happens now! I don't mind, was used to this in UK, where people find it a useful security feature, eg when alone and sensing dodgy people around in a dark car park.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:18   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No one-touch up/down even for driver's window

No light in boot

No window close/open from remote (unless I have misunderstood it

After the negativity, though ... it is a dream to drive!

And, come to think of it, I do not remember my British Golf, about 1990, being at all generously equipped.
Congratulations on your new car!

One touch up/down works on all windows. There is instructions given in the manual to activate it.

I really miss the boot light.

Window open / close is possible from remote.

Very true. Given a chance, we get used to stuff that is not really necessary.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 20:04   #1079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
There were 2 polo's highline variant with RCD 310 music System (the one which comes in new vento)

Equipped with USB port in the Glove Box
+
Audio Controls integrated on Steering Wheel.

Inquired Sales Executive about those, But both were booked. Had a premium price tag & dec 2011 make.

BTW doesn't all polo highline variant come with reverse parking sensors?
Do you have photos for the same mate ? how much price hike & premium is being demand by them ?
So new polo is coming to dealers ?
Old 16th February 2012, 07:12   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown

Do you have photos for the same mate ? how much price hike & premium is being demand by them ?
So new polo is coming to dealers ?
Don't have any photos as of now, dealer charging 18k premium on it, as it is a limited edition by VW.

Have booked Polo Highline TDI, should be getting delivery next week ;-)
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed