Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 17:28   #1156
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009 View Post
@rashv .. Forget that version, I have wasted lots of money waiting for it!

@All, I have a small good news to share... I just booked the 1.2 Highline Diesel - IPL edition yesterday evening @Sundaram motors. The sales guy was very honest and not pushy like ABRA. Waiting period for my dream to come true - 3 months!!!!

I booked the White - Nothing beats the White one with the alloys !!!

I am so Happy Guys !!!
Congrats!

White Polo with alloys looks amazing! I agree 100%. Bonus is that, white is easy to maintain..

3 months waiting must be for those add on free bees. OR is it for the car itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Hi Chethan...Wat would be the approx 2nd service cost done at 30000 kms that I can expect from a Polo diesel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
I think it would be anywhere between 15K and 20K - depending upon what all needs change. Usually they change the front brake disk and pad and if required the rear shoes. This itself cost around 8K. Rest goes into Oil change and other costs.
Yes. But from my experience, Polo disk and shoes last for 45k Kms. I have still not changed mine after 37k on the ODO. But anyways, get it checked.

Only difference between 1st and 2nd service is the Fuel filter. It is changed every 30k Kms. Spare part price list is on this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1959144).

Last edited by Chethan B G : 17th April 2012 at 17:29.
Old 17th April 2012, 19:51   #1157

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv View Post
Callme,

How much they quoted for Insurance I think it's 27,810 for Comprehensive Insurance and for Drive Assure it's 14,061 extra. I checked with Bajaj Allianz the gave a quote about 28,000 + which includes Drive assure and 2 lakhs for passengers. I spoke to the Sundaram Motors he said they won't allow buying insurance privately..Could you confirm

Regards,

Ashwin
The figure is precise... Sundaram does not but ABRA does, I am quite certain as I had a similar idea like yours back in Dec last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congrats!

White Polo with alloys looks amazing! I agree 100%. Bonus is that, white is easy to maintain..

3 months waiting must be for those add on free bees. OR is it for the car itself?

Thanks Chetan.. ! and yes the wait time is 3 months for the car itself, at least that's what I know.

Need your advise here.. I was in the impression that white will be more difficult to maintain... please share why you think its easy.
Old 18th April 2012, 13:44   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
@All, I have a small good news to share... I just booked the 1.2 Highline Diesel - IPL edition yesterday evening @Sundaram motors. The sales guy was very honest and not pushy like ABRA. Waiting period for my dream to come true - 3 months!!!!

I am so Happy Guys !!!
Sundaram guys came to my home with TD Vehicle Highline TDI. Driven the car around 30 KMS. Clutch pedal seems to be High and leg started paining after the TD, Felt the engine is underpowered in traffic.

Sad part is wait time seems to be 3 months for Highline also SA told me the IPL edition offer ends this month since the wait time is for 3 months I will not be able to avail that offer.

@callme: could you confirm the IPL offer details?

Regards,

rashv
Old 18th April 2012, 14:44   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Clutch pedal seems to be High and leg started paining after the TD...
It might be more comfortable after spending some time adjusting both the hight and the position of the driver's seat. On top of those, we have steering-wheel hight and reach adjustment. With four things to adjust, it really does get fiddly, compared to just sliding the seat, but, at least in theory, we should end up more comfortable in the end!

NB... Please check with the manual about airbag safety. If I remember right, the wheel should face the chest, not the face, and there must be ten inches space between driver and wheel.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 19:50   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need your advise here.. I was in the impression that white will be more difficult to maintain... please share why you think its easy.
Generally maintenance involves 2 things:
  1. Keeping the car clean
  2. Any repair work
White car does not look bad when it is dirty - When compared to the other colors when they are equally dirty. Check it out yourself - White is a very elegant color..

White color is easy to touch-up in case of minor scratches.

Happy motoring!!
Old 19th April 2012, 01:42   #1161
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2012 at 12:19.
rashv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th April 2012, 16:44   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rashv and all the best.

Sorry! I really could not understand what you really meant (especially the first paragraph)and so it is difficult to reply!! Please use spell check, punctuations before posting.

Please find below the answers for whatever I understood:
  1. Polo windows open and close through remote. At-least mine does. May-be in the demo car, this option was not activated.
  2. Usually 50K is taken as advance. This can vary WRT the dealer. But any way, what ever is payed as advance is deducted while final settlement is done.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2012 at 12:20. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 20th April 2012, 01:13   #1163
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2012 at 12:21.
rashv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th April 2012, 13:01   #1164

Guys - CAUTION!

The goodies in the IPL offer cannot be guaranteed by the Dealer, my booking was done before few days. After user RASHV raised some doubts I spoke to Sundaram motors and I was told that the IPL offer cannot be guaranteed as wait time is 3 months.

Another shock was, I just came to know that even a highline 2012 model does not have a AUX port, its only available on the comfortline !

Any thoughts on this guys ?
Old 20th April 2012, 14:14   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am so Happy Guys !!!
European edition - with 2 + 1 doors and LHD. This one is for you. All the best!

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-polo-white.jpg

Actually, the advisement in the news paper is very confusing. It is not clear if the add-on features are for both Polo and Vento. Can you please confirm the extra features you are getting in the Polo-IPL edition?
Old 24th April 2012, 10:57   #1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
European edition - with 2 + 1 doors and LHD. This one is for you. All the best!

Actually, the advisement in the news paper is very confusing. It is not clear if the add-on features are for both Polo and Vento. Can you please confirm the extra features you are getting in the Polo-IPL edition?
AWESOME !

And yes the extra features are identical for both Polo & Vento. Most showrooms have a IPL edition highline Polo on display with the accessories.
Old 27th April 2012, 18:15   #1167

Guys.. need advise on Sun-film for my white Polo.

Criteria :
  • No Nonsense from COPS telling me its not RTO approved.
  • Want good visibility @ night and heat reduction in day.
  • Should look good on a White Polo.
  • Not very expensive.
Please advise!
Old 28th April 2012, 10:29   #1168
BHPian

Don't get any film on your car glass area. Read the supreme court ruling yesterday - no films will be allowed from 4th May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009

Criteria :

[*]No Nonsense from COPS telling me its not RTO approved.[*]Want good visibility @ night and heat reduction in day.[*]Should look good on a White Polo.[*]Not very expensive.Please advise!
Old 28th April 2012, 10:35   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Don't get any film on your car glass area. Read the supreme court ruling yesterday - no films will be allowed from 4th May.

Can anyone post a link to this SC ruling ...
Old 28th April 2012, 11:30   #1170
BHPian

Quote:

Criteria :
  • No Nonsense from COPS telling me its not RTO approved.
  • Want good visibility @ night and heat reduction in day.
  • Should look good on a White Polo.
  • Not very expensive.
Please advise!
I suggest you pick up RE35 from 3M. They are good and economical. If you are from chennai, I advice you talk to 3m car care, nungambakkam. They have a special air conditioned installation bay. Installation is good and also honor the warranty in case of bubbles or incorrect install. The only downside is that they are a bit pricey when compared to other installers.

An alternative is to look at Sri Balaji agencies (SIET), who is also good. They do a wonderful job and are less expensive when compared to 3m car care.

As for the series, try RE and CS (color stable) series which are economical. RE starts from 2k for 25-30% heat rejection and CS starts from 3500 rs. I have a white color swift and havent yet installed the sun film, I have been waiting for the chennai summers to peak so that I will be forced to install one. Personally, I prefer not using the sun film, but chennai summer is forcing me to install one.

Btw, the supreme court verdict is more to say that sun film should be installed only with colors within the permissible visibility limit.

Last edited by MutantX : 28th April 2012 at 11:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks