Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 09:33   #1081
BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
As far as I know these are available only on the HL. Do check with your SA though.
Ye mate, I think I need to discuss about it with the SA & confirm!
Old 16th February 2012, 14:09   #1082
BANNED

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Don't have any photos as of now, dealer charging 18k premium on it, as it is a limited edition by VW.

Have booked Polo Highline TDI, should be getting delivery next week ;-)
If possible please take picture, that new features are available on petrol or diesel highline ?
congrats mate getting any freebies ?- have you boked new highline that coming with audio controls ?
Old 16th February 2012, 14:19   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
If possible please take picture, that new features are available on petrol or diesel highline ?
congrats mate getting any freebies ?- have you boked new highline that coming with audio controls ?
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:55   #1084
BANNED

Quote:
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Alright mate.
That's the better decision you made mate, make sure mate they give you polo written mudflaps, push for car cover.
Thanks for your support
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 00:15   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Rareone! Your Polo will really be a RARE one!

Will be interesting to know the difference in wiring harness in this model.

Can you explore and share? It will be a big help - Especially the way steering controls are wired to the RCD 310..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 19:44   #1086
BANNED

Guys - when you took delivery of your polo or when you've seen it for first time does it has plastic covers on seats & headrests ? temporary number plate red sticker is presented on new cars (not yet registered) ? my friend has been offered new car without plastic covers & with temp number already on it (he has hasn't bought yet) so i'd to confirm on behalf of him.
Thanks

Last edited by unknown : 17th February 2012 at 19:46.
Old 17th February 2012, 20:34   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Plastic covers on seats, yes. Even if it had been used by the dealer for a bit of elicit demo test-driving, I wouldn't expect them to remove those, especially the back. Unless, maybe it was a showroom car.

Do you mean it has a "temporary registration" sticker for the numberplate? Sounds dodgy.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 21:13   #1088
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Plastic covers on seats, yes. Even if it had been used by the dealer for a bit of elicit demo test-driving, I wouldn't expect them to remove those, especially the back. Unless, maybe it was a showroom car.

Do you mean it has a "temporary registration" sticker for the numberplate? Sounds dodgy.
The car we have shown has no plastic cover at all & seats are dirty, Yes it has temporary registration sticker(number alloted on it) On top they have put a polo written plate to hide that sticker(or even for advertising)
Car is in inside showroom, hmm..buy it or leave it ?
Ps: car is a polo 1.6 may make.

Last edited by unknown : 17th February 2012 at 21:15.
Old 18th February 2012, 16:23   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car we have shown has no plastic cover at all & seats are dirty, Yes it has temporary registration sticker(number alloted on it) On top they have put a polo written plate to hide that sticker(or even for advertising)
Car is in inside showroom, hmm..buy it or leave it ?
Ps: car is a polo 1.6 may make.
Must be the showroom display car. Otherwise, a May 1.6 Polo will not be available for sale for sure - Being a overbooked model!

Is the dealer offering a discount? What does the ODO read? What story does the dealer give? Any reason for your friend to consider the same car?

All the best!!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 16:59   #1090
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Must be the showroom display car. Otherwise, a May 1.6 Polo will not be available for sale for sure - Being a overbooked model!

Is the dealer offering a discount? What does the ODO read? What story does the dealer give? Any reason for your friend to consider the same car?

All the best!!
Yes it's in showroom, so Is it okay to buy ? Car doesn't have new car kinda smell though.
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills, odo reads 58km, no other dealer has 1.6 in stock & they are not willing to take order, I told him to go for jan-feb 2012 1.2 either in petrol or tdi that will be tension free.
Thank you sir

Last edited by unknown : 18th February 2012 at 17:01.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:24   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills
50,000-off is the offer that has been given on 2012 cars. It is what I got when buying my 1.6.

An extra 10k is not enough to make it worth buying, effectively, a 2nd-hand car.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:35   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills, odo reads 58km, no other dealer has 1.6 in stock & they are not willing to take order, I told him to go for jan-feb 2012 1.2 either in petrol or tdi that will be tension free.
Thank you sir
If the insurance is bought outside, it will be about 40% cheaper any way. So no big deal.

A showroom car which is 8 months old and used for business promotion, should be offered at a minimum discount of 20%. Only then, it is worth it.

Best option is to go for a 2012 Polo. You never know, even the wiring harness would be different - It makes a lot of difference when he tries to add after market products...
Old 18th February 2012, 17:53   #1093
BANNED

Quote:
50,000-off is the offer that has been given on 2012 cars. It is what I got when buying my 1.6.

An extra 10k is not enough to make it worth buying, effectively, a 2nd-hand car.
Yes, thats what everyone is being offered.
Your month of car manufacturing Is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
If the insurance is bought outside, it will be about 40% cheaper any way. So no big deal.

A showroom car which is 8 months old and used for business promotion, should be offered at a minimum discount of 20%. Only then, it is worth it.

Best option is to go for a 2012 Polo. You never know, even the wiring harness would be different - It makes a lot of difference when he tries to add after market products...
No insurance Is being offered by dealer only that too on discount.
I'll tell him go for it if they'll offer 20% less.
Old 19th February 2012, 00:25   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean "practically"?

I thought, temporary registration does not count as a regular one. Or, am I wrong?
Old 19th February 2012, 00:25   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, thats what everyone is being offered.
Your month of car manufacturing Is ?
I don't actually know. I guess I have to look up how to decode the VIN.

But the important thing to me was the condition of the car, and that, though not spotless, was fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks