Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 01:54   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...re-vin-38.html Post your VIN here and wildon will get back with the details
Old 19th February 2012, 16:46   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Thanks. In some ways, I'd rather not know.

I'm happy that I bought a last-year's car. If I find it was built in January, I might make myself a lot less happy!
Old 19th February 2012, 23:10   #1098
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thanks. In some ways, I'd rather not know.

I'm happy that I bought a last-year's car. If I find it was built in January, I might make myself a lot less happy!

Your car must be from may/june match,
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:33   #1099
BHPian

I would like to know if there is a specific list of VAS features, had read few comments about it on the forum but cant find it.

And does it need to be activated in 2012 models also.
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:49   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
I would like to know if there is a specific list of VAS features, had read few comments about it on the forum but cant find it.
And does it need to be activated in 2012 models also.

See this link, not sure about the 2012 models!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2665822
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:44   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I thought, temporary registration does not count as a regular one. Or, am I wrong?
Sorry, I missed this before, so I didn't answer, but can only say, I don't know! I guess there is a thread about registration somewhere?

Back to Highline Polos (2011) generally. Am I right in thinking there is no way to turn off the passenger airbag? Given common Indian family-car usage, with child sitting on knee, this is potentially lethal. If it is the case, perhaps we should have a thread warning family buyers against buying this car if they do not intend to strictly use rear baby/child seats?
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:28   #1102
BANNED

Thad E Ginathom
One question for you mate, how you find the initial pickup of 1.6 ? don't you feel like there's a delay of power supply ? Isn't car feels heavy like you need more effort to move( In acceleration) .
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:56   #1103
Senior - BHPian

^ The car isn't underpowered, there is a throttle/ECU lag which is very pronounced in 1st and 2nd gears. Its fine in 3rd and above and pulls cleanly after that
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:54   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Thad E Ginathom
One question for you mate, how you find the initial pickup of 1.6 ? don't you feel like there's a delay of power supply ? Isn't car feels heavy like you need more effort to move( In acceleration) .
I am still getting used to the car: it has been two weeks only --- and the driving style for the petrol engine is so different to the diesel Swift that I was used to.

I am also still driving it rather nervously! I think my average speeds are much reduced.

But, as I am getting used to the car, I'd say it is no slouch at all. That initial burst of acceleration which allows one, even while sticking within the limit, to leave others behind as you reach 40kph seems just fine. Also, I am finding that the expectation of always needing to be in a lower gear than the low-revs-torque diesel is actually not true. I'm amazed at what the car will do at not much more than 1,000rpm!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:08   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone

Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
Hey congrats on the booking a date with the beauty. Obviously you will date her every day once she is home. ;-)

Can you also let know what will be the on road price for the new polo 2012 with RCD 310 and audio control on Steering?
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:44   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
I am still getting used to the car: it has been two weeks only --- and the driving style for the petrol engine is so different to the diesel Swift that I was used to.

I am also still driving it rather nervously! I think my average speeds are much reduced.

But, as I am getting used to the car, I'd say it is no slouch at all. That initial burst of acceleration which allows one, even while sticking within the limit, to leave others behind as you reach 40kph seems just fine. Also, I am finding that the expectation of always needing to be in a lower gear than the low-revs-torque diesel is actually not true. I'm amazed at what the car will do at not much more than 1,000rpm!
How did I miss this?

Thad, glad to see that you finally bit the bullet. Welcome to the Polo club, and yeah, welcome to the Polo 1.6 club as well!
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:34   #1107
BHPian

Quote:

Agree. Thats my experience with the 1.6 too. And the car has been with me a month.

Initially, I felt that lag quite pronounced (coming from a Hyundai Santro which has a peppier low RPM response) but the more I drive it - I am adjusting my learning curve with the torque curve of my car!

That said, that midrange is simply outstanding - almost diesel like torque surge! Gotta love it!
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:57   #1108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ The car isn't underpowered, there is a throttle/ECU lag which is very pronounced in 1st and 2nd gears. Its fine in 3rd and above and pulls cleanly after that
Is there any way to over come that problem, like service center can do some thing ?
Quote:

You're right mate, it'll take some time to get familiar with this engine, If that lag wasn't present in it that would be a gem of a car.
Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:39   #1109
BHPian

Finally took delivery of Polo today.

Will post my ownership review in few days.

Snap took while taking delivery.

Name:  image3607075244.png
Views: 1772
Size:  837.2 KB
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:15   #1110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Finally took delivery of Polo today.Attachment 892732
Congrats on the hatch. Nice to see you have selected the white.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks