Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 21:36   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Is it? A couple of times my driver's window has refused to move anywhere from open. "rebooting" the car has fixed it, and being unable to reproduce it, I don't know what I would tell an engineer.
In my case, this has happened once with the front-right window and once with the back- left window. Second one did not get corrected even by "rebooting". After a couple of days when I tried, it was working. (Luckily window glass had stuck in the closed condition) - Always worried about keeping expensive things like Laptops etc.. inside the car...

Surprising that VW has not been able to fix the problem. Looks like something to do with the (overly-sensitive) Anti-Pinch feature of the window + the dusty environment...?
Old 24th September 2012, 22:12   #1187
Team-BHP Support

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

The reason is that the control unit for the electric window is in the front drivers door. It is susceptable to moisture etc. It should not happen on a car so new. Were the panels opened for adding speakers in ?
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 02:42   #1188
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service: ODO @ 43k Kms:

As per the appointment taken on 4th September, I reached the service centre at 9am in the morning. As soon as I reached, I was happy to note that the service centre was not packed with parked cars as usual. Later-on, I was told that the Body repair and Paint shop had been moved to their Hosur road facility and so the effect..

Suddenly I realised that a few staff members were standing outside and discussing something. When enquired, I was told that there was an HR audit for employee’s appearance and uniform policy. All employees without uniform and basic hygiene like a shave.. Etc. were stopped and not let in.

Now, this means that my car will not be attended as per schedule and so the delivery will be delayed. Another gentleman who had come to take delivery of his car was asked to come the next day! Reason being that the accountant was not let-in due to disciplinary action!

It took almost an hour to get the job-card done. Following were scheduled:
  1. 3rd service as per schedule
  2. Increase in Engine Noise and Vibration (My compliant)
  3. 20R2 Campaign - Software update...
  4. 4818 Campaign - Power steering
  5. 57D7 Campaign - Door Handle
  6. 97T1 Campaign - Fuel Temperature
  7. 97T9 Campaign - Instrument Cluster
  8. 97U2 Campaign - Main Wire loom

I was asked to come the next day at 1pm to take delivery. At 12pm, just before I started, I received a call from the service station. The service advisor said that all the work was done except for the front brake pad (Handed over to me as per AMC schedule during the 2nd service. It was not replaced since it had not worn-out). He said that the disk also had worn out and needs replacement. He needed my consent for the same. I told him that anyway I was coming to the workshop and so, I will inspect the brake disk myself and decide.

After checking, I felt that it had not worn-out so much so that it required replacement. This was the first time the brake pads were being replaced. Generally, disk is replaced every alternate time the pads are replaced. So I asked him not to replace them. I decided to replace the disk when I am replacing the pads next time.

Engine and Gearbox mount had already been changed in my car during the previous service. Higher Engine Noise and vibration was attributed to the fuel filter (?) and the same was changed.

Campaigns were not done. Cleaning and wash were pending. So, I was asked to take the delivery at 4pm. I returned back to the showroom at 3.30pm thinking that the car would be ready. But, still the work was not complete. Finally at 6pm the car was ready.

Then the problem with the AMC billing started! As usual, they started charging extra. This time, under the heading of "complete general check-up", they had charged an extra Rs.350. This along with Wash, Consumables, GFF and windshield cleaner, payable amount came to about Rs.1,600. I declined to pay the same. After some argument, wash and complete general check-up was removed. Then the total payable amount came to Rs.686.

I really do not understand being charged for connecting VAG-COM to reset the service interval. This is part of any service and should be added in the service cost, which is anyway charged / paid under AMC. Also, charging an extra Rs.100 for consumables is IMO very silly, to say the least.

It was already 7pm by now. Service advisor expressed his helplessness. He asked me to pay the amount and take the delivery and promised to get this sorted out later. I paid the money and took delivery.

Paying for the consumables is not a big thing. But it was told very clearly to me that an AMC will include everything that needs to be done during scheduled maintenance, as per VW recommendation. This was further agreed during 1st and the 2nd service (after much debate) and nothing was charged. It was confirmed that the same will be regularised. But this is still not done!! Bothering about a few hundreds and not fulfilling their own commitments is very unprofessional IMO.

The other important thing is, AMC customers can be charged extra money under new heading any time! This is very silly of VW! Will this not amount to cheating Customers?

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-vw-2nd-service.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-vw.jpg

1. Appointment was more about their convenience then mine! I had to wait for more that 20 days to get one!!
2. ??!!
3. Fairly good
4. Fairly good
5. Fairly good
6. Not at all acceptable
7. Needs to be seen

I have driven the car for about 100 Kms after service. Engine is smooth and Polo is as good as ever!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th September 2012 at 07:04. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 22:49   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
3rd Service: ODO @ 43k Kms:
It took almost an hour to get the job-card done. Following were scheduled:
  1. 3rd service as per schedule
  2. Increase in Engine Noise and Vibration (My compliant)
  3. 20R2 Campaign - Software update...
  4. 4818 Campaign - Power steering
  5. 57D7 Campaign - Door Handle
  6. 97T1 Campaign - Fuel Temperature
  7. 97T9 Campaign - Instrument Cluster
  8. 97U2 Campaign - Main Wire loom
Attachment 993864

1. Appointment was more about their convenience then mine! I had to wait for more that 20 days to get one!!
2. ??!!
3. Fairly good
4. Fairly good
5. Fairly good
6. Not at all acceptable
7. Needs to be seen

I have driven the car for about 100 Kms after service. Engine is smooth and Polo is as good as ever!!
Thanks Chethan for the regular updates. Your Polo thread is 02nd to none and most informative from end user perspective.

Just a query - any updates or resolution related to the Driver side Front Power Window issue included in the many software updates ? This issue still exist in my car and as reported in Team-BHP in most Polos, but still no permanent resolution from VW. It works fine for 99.99% of the time but those 0.01% is really irritating.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:18   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thanks Chethan for the regular updates. Your Polo thread is 02nd to none and most informative from end user perspective.

Just a query - any updates or resolution related to the Driver side Front Power Window issue included in the many software updates ? This issue still exist in my car and as reported in Team-BHP in most Polos, but still no permanent resolution from VW. It works fine for 99.99% of the time but those 0.01% is really irritating.
Thanks AvonA7!

Driver side Front Power Window issue continues to be an issue...

However I have found a solution / learned to live with it....

This problem is mainly seen while using one touch option...

What I do is: When ever the glass refuses to stay up, I lift and hold the window button for an extra 5 secs after the glass is fully up. This has solved the problem at all occasions.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 22:10   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AvonA7!

Driver side Front Power Window issue continues to be an issue...

However I have found a solution / learned to live with it....

This problem is mainly seen while using one touch option...

What I do is: When ever the glass refuses to stay up, I lift and hold the window button for an extra 5 secs after the glass is fully up. This has solved the problem at all occasions.
Thanks Chethan. Shall try this option
I leave it as it is, and after ~01 minute, the switch works fine and the window glass closes completely.
Old 5th November 2012, 13:06   #1192
BHPian

Hey guys I have a faulty EGR valve on my Polo and the engine warning light comes on every time i start the car along with the heated glow light. Took the car to the service centre and they have ordered the part which will take 5 days to reach and the cost of the part is 25K !!!!!

The dealer has said that they will send a request to VW asking for replacing the part on a goodwill since the part should not have gone.

Dont know what the response is as yet and im not that hopeful...

Any suggestions
Old 5th November 2012, 16:40   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Hey guys I have a faulty EGR valve on my Polo and the engine warning light comes on every time i start the car along with the heated glow light. Took the car to the service centre and they have ordered the part which will take 5 days to reach and the cost of the part is 25K !!!!!

The dealer has said that they will send a request to VW asking for replacing the part on a goodwill since the part should not have gone.

Dont know what the response is as yet and im not that hopeful...

Any suggestions
This could even be (as simple as) a faulty sensor. I do not know how much Glow plugs cost.. How old is the Car? Do you have extended warranty?

What part are they replacing? Ask for the old part to be returned. Looks like we are at the dealer's mercy...

Please update..
Old 5th November 2012, 18:12   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
This could even be (as simple as) a faulty sensor. I do not know how much Glow plugs cost.. How old is the Car? Do you have extended warranty?

What part are they replacing? Ask for the old part to be returned. Looks like we are at the dealer's mercy...

Please update..
Well the dealer confirmed to me that it is an EGR valve fault as they checked the error by connecting it to a VAS. It the software VW,Audi and Skoda use I am sure your aware of that. Hence the car has been given back to me and have to wait for 4-5 days till the part arrives.

Well you are right we are the dealers mercy

Had checked with one of my friends who worked in VW before and now working it Audi and he also confirmed the EGR valve fault
Old 26th November 2012, 17:44   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
One more Witson on this forum! It is sure VFM. PM me if you need MapmyIndia Maps. I (i think) have one extra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
have replied you in Bold
Hey guys,

Looking at so many people having a great time with Witson, I got one for my polo as well. I got the 9240V model. Apreciate you guys doing all RnD & taking the pains of documenting it here.
I am yet to do the full installation but I had connected it on a trial basis and basic functions were working fine.

I was hoping you could help me with a couple of things here -

1. I think my canbus decoder has gone bad. I do not need it except for the reverse pin coming out of it. I've read here that it needs to tap into the reverse light supply. Without the decoder I won't be able to use this function. So question is, is there a way to trigger the camer using the UI?

2. Where do I download MMI maps from, and do you have installation instructions handy? MMI website does not help in this regard.
Old 1st December 2012, 01:09   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bridgestone Turanza ER-60 : 195 / 60 / R15 88H - for Polo Tdi HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
195/60 has a slightly larger diameter.
This will induce slight speedo error (speedo will show slower speed than actual).
It will make the car slightly softer on poor roads due to the increased diameter.
Also with the slightly increased sidewall height there will be more lateral movement of the sides - might result in slightly poor cornering ability. But the increased grip due to better compound should negate that.
Acceleration should improve as it will cover more distance in a single turn, but the in gear acceleration might drop when fully loaded as the torque figures does not change. This can get offset due to better compound and grip providing better traction on hard acceleration.
205/55 would have been a much better fit wrt size if available.

Do let us know your dirving experience once you hit the road with the new shoes.
Hi Sadnabrina! Sorry for the late reply!

I have driven close to 25K Kms with the new shoes.. High time for the feedback..

1. Grip has been excellent. Breaking has improved - not that it was bad earlier.
2. GC has practically increased. Can easily make out the difference.
3. No perceivable change in body roll / cornering ability.
4. Speedo reading and the GPS speed indicator matches!
5. Car feels slightly softer on rough roads at 30 Psi pressure all round.
6. Tyre noise has not increased even after a year - Rubber component has held together.

I feel 205 width is a over kill. 195 is more that adequate. I am happy that I changed the tyres to this size.

Very recently, I had been to Kannur Via Mysore and also an extensive north Karnataka tour. Total trip was about 2500 Kms. Control is excellent. Loved the drive!

Update: I have changed the IRVM which costed me Rs.410/- at VW Hubli dealership. This was because the glass in the IRVM had somehow become loose and was rattling. Now the field of view does not change when we shift from day mode to night mode (Old problem).

I feel that the power has increased now after the third service. Not sure if the software upgrade has remapped the engine tuning. Any ways, I am extremely happy with the Polo's performance.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 14:41   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sadnabrina! Sorry for the late reply!
And late you were.... by an year and 4 months!

I myself changed to the same 195/60 size a few months after you had posted this. But took Accelere instead of Bridgestone due to non availability. I also felt the increased GC. The wear and tear aspect was also better than the OEM Accelere, not sure why. Till date it has covered about 13K Kms and looks like will survive another 15K odd Kms.

Quote:
Update: I have changed the IRVM which costed me Rs.410/- at VW Hubli dealership. This was because the glass in the IRVM had somehow become loose and was rattling. Now the field of view does not change when we shift from day mode to night mode (Old problem).
Does this mean the ones we have (shift from day to night mode) is a manufacturing defect?

Quote:
I feel that the power has increased now after the third service. Not sure if the software upgrade has remapped the engine tuning. Any ways, I am extremely happy with the Polo's performance.
My 3rd Service is due in another 3K. Hope to see some improvements in acceleration etc.

Update: Planning a east-south India driving tour around March next year. At a high level the plan currently stands Kolkata-Vizag-Hyderabad-Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty-Kodai-Chennai-Vijayawada-Srikakulam-Kolkata. 15+ days. Not sure if it will mature. Will create a new thread and update once the plan reaches some level of maturity.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:32   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And late you were.... by an year and 4 months!
Sorry!

Quote:
Does this mean the ones we have (shift from day to night mode) is a manufacturing defect?
I am sure of this. With the new IRVM, Day/Night change over takes place with a positive "click" - and FOV does not change at all!

Quote:
My 3rd Service is due in another 3K. Hope to see some improvements in acceleration etc.
I have a doubt that VW changes the Engine-Maps after the car runs a while (say after 2nd service). Now the acceleration is much better. FE has dropped by one Km. Both correlate.

Quote:
Update: Planning a east-south India driving tour around March next year. At a high level the plan currently stands Kolkata-Vizag-Hyderabad-Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty-Kodai-Chennai-Vijayawada-Srikakulam-Kolkata. 15+ days. Not sure if it will mature. Will create a new thread and update once the plan reaches some level of maturity.
Please PM me when you are in Bangalore. Will meet up if your time permits..
Old 31st December 2012, 08:30   #1199
BHPian

I got my polo refresh comfortline on 19th dec 2012. One feature that i liked most...is. ..u can roll up or roll down the window glasses with the remote keys..

After going through the discussions on new features available for polo...i took my car to volkswagen whitefield and asked them to enable the features.

They had only 1 for comfortline. The horn beeps whenever you lock or unlock using remote.

There is no all door autolock at speeds above 15 kmph for comfortline.
Old 31st December 2012, 15:28   #1200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One feature that i liked most...is. ..u can roll up or roll down the window glasses with the remote keys..
Envy! Envy! Neither that, nor one-touch up/down is available on my model.
Quote:
They had only 1 for comfortline. The horn beeps whenever you lock or unlock using remote.
That is just a neighbour-annoying device. The lights flash and you hear the click anyway.

When you get "did I lock the car" paranoia, that remote works from a fair distance, and you can see the lights flash. However, the other other evening I got "did I leave the window open" paranoia. I was sitting in a concert --- but I had to walk back to the car and check. How I wish for that remote window application.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks