Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 23:21   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Chethan, are the FE with or without AC? 90% of the times I am quite easy on the pedal...Im actually confused between the polo and micra...Any suggestions?
In any Diesel car, FE does not vary very much with the load. Mileage should not be a concern with any of these two cars.

In my opinion, both of them are miles apart. I would definitely suggest Polo.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:32   #1127

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
Well well well .. I have been dieing to post on this thread as I have literally gone nuts about the so called "Polo with RCD, USB & Steering mounted audio".

My account has finally been approved by Mods - Cheers !

@ rareone .. after I read your post about 2 weeks ago.. I immediately visited ABRA motors in chennai, I almost made a mockery of myself when I spoke about this Polo you have got delivery of. I showed the pictures you had posted on this forum and the sales manager confirmed these were Vento pictures and not POLO. I completely thought the showroom guys are nuts and convinced them to allow me to speak to the regional manager. He confirmed there there is no such special edition even at a an extra cost.

They asked me regarding your car and which showroom in Mumbai you got it from.. I could not tell as I did not know. The showroom guys did not have good things to say about your claim of having such an edition.

To come to my story - I am waiting from November last year just for USB and steering controls on 1.2 TDI. So I had to return from ABRA without making any booking. The sales manager did call me back in 2 days after that and said the same thing and he has confirmed with mumbai as well.

I could not post on our forum here as my account was not approved. So just for verification I called all the VW Dealers in Mumbai and told them one of my friend had booked and got delivery of such a version and believe me - ALL THE DEALERS TOLD ME ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

I called - Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai, Volkswagen Mumbai in Santacruz West, Chembur & Andheri West.

I really wanted this POLO which you are talking about, so I check few dealers in Bangalore as well but no luck. You seem to be the only person on the internet who is giving me some hope.

Can you post some pictures of your car and post the contact details of the Dealer guy in Mumbai who sold you this car.

Rgds,
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:27   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009 View Post
Well well well .. I have been dieing to post on this thread as I have literally gone nuts about the so called "Polo with RCD, USB & Steering mounted audio".

Hi Callme,
First of all, a warm welcome to Team-BHP.
I was sailing in the same boat as you from october last year.
But then, i figured it ain't tht much to lose. I suggest the same to you.
If you could get your hands on one of the 2011 models from any of the showrooms, just pick it up.
You get to buy it at 2011 price with a 50K discount. So, the ex-showroom price of a 2011 model Polo Highline TDI was 7.25 and if you get 50K discount on it, it is 6.75! (btw, 6.75 is the ex-showroom price of a swift ZDI too)
Say, you wait for another month and then pick the 2012 model with the RCD 310, the prices for the '12 model would be atleast about 15K higher. To that, if you now add up the increase in car prices due to budget, say atleast another 20K ==> the ex-showroom price of the car would be atleast 7.60.
That is a cool 85K increase and trust me, you can get an RCD310 and much more with that 85K. Just my 2 cents. Think about it.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:35   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Callme9009, Congratulations and welcome to Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hi Callme,
That is a cool 85K increase and trust me, you can get an RCD310 and much more with that 85K. Just my 2 cents. Think about it.
Cheers,
Deepak
+10 on that. Compared to the options available in the market, RCD310 is not the ultimate ICE to own...

Also beware, prices may jump again after budget.

Just be sure that the 2011 model polo is not a used one.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:09   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to t-bhp. Firstly, salesman in abra motors are a bunch of jokers, you'd be better off trying to ascertain this fact from sundaram motors compared to Abra. There has been enough references on the forum on the
crooked ways of Abra, I'd suggest you to stay away for your own good.

Quote:
@ rareone .. after I read your post about 2 weeks ago.. I immediately visited ABRA motors in chennai, I almost made a mockery of myself when I spoke about this Polo you have got delivery of.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 07:08   #1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Cheers,
Deepak
You really made me think bro... I'm still thinking, need a few more days and I know the 2011's will be hard to get.

@Bala.. I did go through most part of this thread and I am sure you are right about the abra guys. But I actually did check with Sundaram motors also and the model rareone is taking about seems to be non existent.

What I would really like is a reply from rareone with some information and pictures if at all his vw is actually a rare one.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:30   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I would really like is a reply from rareone with some information and pictures if at all his vw is actually a rare one.

In fact I also got similar reply from VW Downtown some time back, when I asked them this question. Most probably what Rareone is having is a prototype, which was not intended to be sold to begin with.

Any way, a couple of pics inside-out from Rareone will help clear the confusion.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:29   #1133
BHPian

Hi all,

Sorry had been really busy with work do was not available online on team-BHP.

I found the car when I had visited the stockyard for PDI of my car, a friend of mine who is also a fellow bhpian saw the car with RCD 310 and etc etc. so I changed my booking from the car which was allotted to me.

I am not sure whether this model was a prototype, coz the dealer had 10 cars like this, out of which 8 were sold and 2 where left, 1 white and 1 red colour. I choose the white.

And since mine was a dec end make which they say to be 2012 model, I got the standard discount of 40k + 12k corporate discount. But the ex showroom of this model was 18k higher.

I bought it from VW Global Gallarie Thane. And ya it's true that most of the Sales Guys are not aware of most of these details.

Let me know if anything else I could help you with.
Old 28th March 2012, 18:38   #1134

Quote:
Hi all,

Sorry had been really busy with work do was not available online on team-BHP.

I found the car when I had visited the stockyard for PDI of my car, a friend of mine who is also a fellow bhpian saw the car with RCD 310 and etc etc. so I changed my booking from the car which was allotted to me.

I am not sure whether this model was a prototype, coz the dealer had 10 cars like this, out of which 8 were sold and 2 where left, 1 white and 1 red colour. I choose the white.

And since mine was a dec end make which they say to be 2012 model, I got the standard discount of 40k + 12k corporate discount. But the ex showroom of this model was 18k higher.

I bought it from VW Global Gallarie Thane. And ya it's true that most of the Sales Guys are not aware of most of these details.

Let me know if anything else I could help you with.
Thanks rareone, I was waiting for you response. Now that there is no doubt I plan to visit the showroom and speak to the same regional manager once again. All I need is one - just one pic of your dash with steering and one contact number of any guy from Global Galore who can confirm this.

I am really waiting to book this asap, will expect a quick response from you!

Rgds,
Old 28th March 2012, 22:39   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callme9009

Thanks rareone, I was waiting for you response. All I need is one - just one pic of your dash with steering and one contact number of any guy from Global Galore who can confirm this.

I am really waiting to book this asap, will expect a quick response from you!

Rgds,
Sales Guy contact

Rohan Acharya - +91 7738-333122

Pic of the dash I had already posted on Team BHP
Old 28th March 2012, 22:49   #1136
BHPian

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-image3478570545.jpg

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-image1871784318.jpg

Hope these pics would help
Old 1st April 2012, 12:13   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 908538

Attachment 908539

Hope these pics would help
This steering looks to be from a Vento. It has got leather covers and Chrome garnish which comes only with the Vento. Is this really coming with Polo now?
sadnabrina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 23:15   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
This steering looks to be from a Vento. It has got leather covers and Chrome garnish which comes only with the Vento. Is this really coming with Polo now?
Only AC controls gives it away. Otherwise, I would have said that these are the photos of a Vento!

Polo deserves this look.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:04   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

The Polo steering wheel has a nice feel; just slightly soft. I don't mind that it is not leather.
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:21   #1140
BHPian

Noticed this thread is a lot more active. Guys can you please throw some light on the sluggishness, I've mentioned in the post below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2733551

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks