Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2012, 14:46   #1051
Senior - BHPian

I guess with the 2012 model u can expect another hike.

Btw, have you enabled any features in your car using VAS or VAGCOM?
Old 30th January 2012, 08:21   #1052
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I guess with the 2012 model u can expect another hike.

Btw, have you enabled any features in your car using VAS or VAGCOM?
Not yet. Auto-lock is one thing that I miss.

Can you list the features that can be enabled on Polo through VGA-COM?
Old 31st January 2012, 15:35   #1053
Senior - BHPian

re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Err. Not sure about all the features that can be enabled. Read it someone's ownership thread, don't recollect who. But the two features i'd like to have are auto lock and 'beep' on locking the car.

Will dig and find out who's ownership thread it was
Old 31st January 2012, 22:32   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Not yet. Auto-lock is one thing that I miss.

Hey Chethan, good to learn your Polo crossed 35K without any issue, wish you many happy miles on your German beauty!

Please visit the VW showroom for the latest list of features that can be activated on Polo, HL. Auto-lock can be activated (in HL) and also the beep sound while locking/unlocking the car for sure. It's a 10 mins. job, they`ll upgrade some software and that's it (it's free, just that for some strange reason the dealers never informed the existing owner).

Related post in your thread only, few pages back -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2599133
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 22:40   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

Please consider the neighbours before activating beep-on-lock/unlock. It is standard on British cars --- and annoying!

Do the Polo lights flash on lock/unlock? That's a more useful feedback, especially when you are checking you did lock the car, from your bedroom, with the car parked opposite the house!

Probably heading off to order my Polo in the next couple of weeks, but I'm thinking petrol, so I'd better clear off from this thread
Old 31st January 2012, 23:13   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Related post in your thread only, few pages back -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2599133
That was a good one!

I was trying to know if something new has been added on to Polo - With time, new things keep adding you know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Do the Polo lights flash on lock/unlock? That's a more useful feedback, especially when you are checking you did lock the car, from your bedroom, with the car parked opposite the house!

Probably heading off to order my Polo in the next couple of weeks, but I'm thinking petrol, so I'd better clear off from this thread
I too prefer flashing lights - And yes, Polo does have it.

All the best with the new adventure. Will look forward to your ownership thread.

Your feedback has always been helpful and I look forward to your support - either here or elsewhere on this forum...
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 23:27   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
...It is standard on British cars --- and annoying!
+1 IMO - Me too find it irritating -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

2. Me too got some features activated through this thing called VAS. I repent now for activating one of the features though - the beep sound when locking and locking the car (once or twice depending on whether car is locked or unlocked), I feel irritated everytime I hear that beep sound.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2583832

Then, here we see Sound Horn, Horn bazao, OK horn... written all over the vehicle (trucks/tempo etc) and Horn (read sound) is considered to be an important car feature

Having said that, this beep sound is another convenient way of knowing that the car is locked, one doesn't need to wait for few seconds to see the immobilizer LED blink.

---------

The immobilizer is very much present in Polo, I believe you are referring something similar to this - it blinks every few seconds when the car is properly locked.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2036294

Last edited by AvonA7 : 31st January 2012 at 23:31.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:46   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too prefer flashing lights - And yes, Polo does have it.
Good. Thanks for that confirmation.

Quote:
All the best with the new adventure. Will look forward to your ownership thread.

Your feedback has always been helpful and I look forward to your support - either here or elsewhere on this forum...
Thank you! Very kind

I don't know about an ownership thread: I only a do a small mileage. The thing that I most want to be posting I read in this, or another, Polo thread: that the first year's ownership has been uneventful!

I intend going for the glacier blue, though. Don't know if that will be a forum first --- but I'll try to find some place appropriate to post some pics.

Things have changed since the early polo days, it seems. A 2011 car available immediately (but only in silver or white) and a 2012 car with delivery in one month. Next thing is the trip to the showroom. I'm not expecting a wonderful buying experience.
Old 1st February 2012, 13:06   #1059
Senior - BHPian

- Speed sensing auto lock at 10 kmph
- Auto unlock on ignition key removal
- Petrol tank lock on 5 kmph
- Audible beep on locking/unlocking

All these are available for HL model on both polo and vento can be activated in just a matter of seconds. All these need to be individually activated and these need to be re-activated again using the VAS system when the battery terminals are disconnected.

Quote:

Thad - I suggest you to deal with Sundaram compared to Abra, Though I took my car from Abra, I found a good salesman in sundaram during my service experience with them. If you are interested, do let me know, I shall PM you the details of the chap. He sounded very genuine and professional amongst all the others I have met so far in VW.

Quote:
I'm not expecting a wonderful buying experience.
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 18:17   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bala80! The following additions should be fine for me:

Quote:
Next thing is the trip to the showroom. I'm not expecting a wonderful buying experience.
People in VW should read this and be extremely happy. They have customers buying their products, even though some of their dealers are very hostile.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 1st February 2012 at 18:20.
Old 5th February 2012, 17:51   #1061
BHPian

Hi, had visited VW showroom yesterday, got to know from the sales guy that 2012 polo highline diesel is coming with RCD 310 music system with USB and reverse parking sensors plus few other goodies. Does anyone else also got the same information from VW showroom. Any more details about 2012 model changes.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:36   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
VW Downtown here says only the speed sensing 'auto lock at 10 kmph' is the available feature that can be activated for the Polo 1.6.
Not sure if that is true. Could any Polo users confirm the features that could be done through the VAS.

Cheers,
Old 5th February 2012, 20:19   #1063
Senior - BHPian

All these are available for programming individually. Once the VAS cable is connected to the OBD port, and the appropriate car/model is chosen the list of all these get populated.

Following is the exact terminologies in the VAS system (Almost)

- Speed sensing auto lock
- Unlock on ignition key removal
- Remote tank lid lock at 5 km/ph

It is very straight forward and if they still claim ignorance, tell them you will show them the options that need to be activated. All they need to do is just highlight the option and click on activate button, its as simple as that.

My service center didn't knew there was an option of unlock on ignition key removal available for the vento, till I pointed it out to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Downtown here says only the speed sensing 'auto lock at 10 kmph' is the available feature that can be activated for the Polo 1.6.
Not sure if that is true. Could any Polo users confirm the features that could be done through the VAS.

Cheers,
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 20:27   #1064
Team-BHP Support

All you Polo owners - Doesn't the Polo also have a 2nd bulb in the foglamp housing meant to be a DRL? If so one of you guys should activate this too.
Old 6th February 2012, 00:15   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Hi, had visited VW showroom yesterday, got to know from the sales guy that 2012 polo highline diesel is coming with RCD 310 music system with USB and reverse parking sensors plus few other goodies. Does anyone else also got the same information from VW showroom. Any more details about 2012 model changes.
I heard about reverse-park sensors and audio controls on steering from Abbra in Chennai. I don't know anything about the music system, which might tip the balance, but given a 50,000-off-2011 offer, I wasn't interested in the sensors or the steering-wheel audio.

Probably not many of those 2011 cars still available. The day we were there (4 days ago) they were still waiting to hear the 2012 pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks