Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 22:34   #2326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 137 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

1. I recieved that letter too and believe me its a load of rubbish. Detailing is the last thing that VW needs to look into and the customer to worry about and that too at this price.

2. I got some features activated thru VAS and the car seems more safe & secure now. Also, got a general checkup done and was charged a nominal fee of Rs.350+taxes.

3. I think I will compile a list with pix and start a thread here. Some of them are extremely useful. I bought a load of detailing products and a caddy to store them.

4. Regarding the Euro head lamps, I was in Singapore this month on a 3-day visit but sadly could not spare any time to look for VW accessories.

5. Will be in Pune on leave next month for at least a week, hope to meet you then. Cheers
1. +1

2. Me too got some features activated through this thing called VAS. I repent now for activating one of the features though - the beep sound when locking and locking the car (once or twice depending on whether car is locked or unlocked), I feel irritated everytime I hear that beep sound.

Can you please share the check-up details.

3. That`ll be good and helpful for us Polo owners

4. Oops, me too, returned couple of days back. Visited the VW showroom at Alexandra road(?) (where they have other car showrooms too - VW, Volvo, BMW, Honda, Ford...). Looking at Scirocco I forgot checking for Polo accessories This car look so HOT with those big alloy wheels. But disappointed to learn that even the Polo 1.2 comes with TSI engine, where as for us Indians its the very basic and Old spec Polo I guess !

5. Let me know, will be glad to meet you

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st November 2011 at 12:45. Reason: Removed extra smiley
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:31   #2327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 120
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Head light problem is a serious one with POLO. It's pathetic to say the least. Can be managed in city traffic( with street lights on, but on highway, you have to be extra careful. One solution(In extreme cases & for a couple of seconds at most) is to switch on both filaments (use low beam & then flash high beam). Used in some tight situations. But no permanent solution. Also, ground clearance is quite low. the car scrapes many times to medium speed breakers, if speed is even moderately high(20-30kph). @AvonA7 & Omegaman, I am also in Pune. Like to meet in person too. Let me know.
nawalsingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:11   #2328
BHPian
 
Omega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 145
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
1. +1

2. I repent now for activating one of the features though - the beep sound when locking and locking the car (once or twice depending on whether car is locked or unlocked), I feel irritated everytime I hear that beep sound.

Can you please share the check-up details.

3. That`ll be good and helpful for us Polo owners

4. Oops, me too, returned couple of days back. Visited the VW showroom at Alexandra road(?) (where they have other car showrooms too - VW, Volvo, BMW, Honda, Ford...). Looking at Scirocco I forgot checking for Polo accessories This car look so HOT with those big alloy wheels. But disappointed to learn that even the Polo 1.2 comes with TSI engine, where as for us Indians its the very basic and Old spec Polo I guess !

5. Let me know, will be glad to meet you
Thanks AvonA7,

2. Compared to other Auto Security Alarms, this one sounds very different. We like the Pom Pom sound while locking and unlocking. The other day we went for a movie and there was this Vento parked next to our Polo. The Vento owner had just started his engine when we unlocked our car with the Pom Pom sound. The guy seemed so shocked and just stared while we drove away. Only-driver-side door unlocking is a useful safety feature indeed.

Check-up details: Just a general checkup of engine oil, radiator fluid, wiper fluid, tyre pressure, battery, air filter & pollen filter cleaning, etc., including a test drive for any other issues. Got a complimentary wash and was not charged for VAS features activation.

3. Just bought some anti-bacterial & anti-odor product to keep our Car AC as clean & fresh as possible. Any suggestions for more such products as there are rarely any for the purpose.

4. Guess we will have to be content with the pleasure of driving our Polo.

5. I have taken a weeks leave in the last week of December. Will surely keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Head light problem is a serious one with POLO. It's pathetic to say the least. Can be managed in city traffic( with street lights on, but on highway, you have to be extra careful. One solution(In extreme cases & for a couple of seconds at most) is to switch on both filaments (use low beam & then flash high beam). Used in some tight situations. But no permanent solution. Also, ground clearance is quite low. the car scrapes many times to medium speed breakers, if speed is even moderately high(20-30kph). @AvonA7 & Omegaman, I am also in Pune. Like to meet in person too. Let me know.
Hi nawalsingal,

IMO, Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are much better than Osram Night Breakers. Several reviews also point to this fact.

Ground clearance for Polo Diesel is really low. I have seen several Diesel Polo's with damaged engine sumps. The damage was not limited to just the Sump Guard but the actual oil sump cover under the engine. Not so for Polo Petrol models. The company is upgrading Diesel Polo's with a larger fiber sump guard instead of the standard soft fabric one. Wonder if it will help.

Sure, will keep you posted. Will be in Pune in the last week of December.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:36   #2329
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,765
Thanked: 10,657 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

There is a top suface reflection of the dash on to the front glass while driving during the day.
Has anyone a solution to this?

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 13:28   #2330
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 277
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

I booked the Volkswagen Polo TDI Highline in the month of November, 2011 and was supposed to get the delivery of the vehicle on 23/11/11. After so much of follow up finally on 23rd morning I got a call for the delivery of the car and in the evening I went to take the delivery.

There were few issues I faced which I'd like to bring to your notice:
1) I asked for the brochure of the Volkswagen polo which was out of stock.
2) I asked for eBrochure of the Volkswagen Polo which was not provided to me.
3) After a few arguments I was provided with a photocopy of the list of car's features which was not the updated one.
4) The car I've booked was supposed to have rear parking sensors but I did not get the sensors so I enquire about the same with the sales executive but even he wasn't aware about the features of the car. After a few discussios they agreed to install the sensors but then they asked me to take the car to the service center and get it installed.
5) The car they were giving me was not registered with the RTO and the vehicle was on temporary registration number but they were giving me the car with registration number which wasn't registered with the car yet.
6) The sales executive misguided me by saying that the Polo I've booked doesn't come with parking sensors and after a few arguments they realised their mistake and agreed to install the sensors.
7) Despite of all these issues the Senior Manager didn't have the courtesy to come and clear the doubts.

Today (25/11/11) morning I got a call from Tornado Motors Pvt. Ltd. (VW authorized Dealer). I am getting the delivery of the car this evening but again the parking sensors are not installed and they have requested me to get the sensors I stalled from the Service center tomorrow morning. I am highly disappointed with the type of service I am getting. Never expected such a service after buying a German Car.

Last edited by Samurai : 26th November 2011 at 00:24. Reason: as requested
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 20:40   #2331
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 137 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
There is a top suface reflection of the dash on to the front glass while driving during the day.
Has anyone a solution to this?

Cheers!
Yes, me too face this issue. Good quality front windscreen sun-film will help reduce the reflection issue. The more you maintain your dashboard (clean and shining) the more the reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
...
Today (25/11/11) morning I got a call from Tornado Motors Pvt. Ltd. (VW authorized Dealer). I am getting the delivery of the car this evening but again the parking sensors are not installed and they have requested me to get the sensors I stalled from the Service center tomorrow morning. I am highly disappointed with the type of service I am getting. Never expected such a service after buying a German Car.
+1 in getting disappointed with these kind of behavior from the dealership, but the less is your expectation from these dealers (courtesy ? , correct and timely information!) the better. It's late as probably you have already taken delivery of your Polo, otherwise would have suggested not to take delivery of your car till the accessories are fitted and to your satisfaction.

I don't have any first hand experience of German customer service (heard its nothing great!), but this Polo is a very good car and you will enjoy. With Polo, you don't need to visit these dealership quite often (once or twice a year max.) and as a Mumbaikar you have multiple dealership option to get your car serviced.

Wish you a very happy ownership, do share your experience

Last edited by AvonA7 : 25th November 2011 at 20:50. Reason: spelling ...
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 07:21   #2332
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default VW Polo - Pepper Grey not available anymore?

So, the girlfriend is planning to book a Polo 1.2 CL, after exasperating over the never ending wait on the Brio she booked over a month back (revised ETA from Honda: Mid march). A visit to the VW dealership in South Delhi later, I am now baffled over something I was told matter-of-factly by an SE, there.

Apparently, VW has discontinued the Pepper Grey color for Polo until a 're-launch' in 2012. When I asked him further, about what the re-launch was all about. He said 'yea. Pepper Grey. 2012'. I was like, so VW just put the most popular color on the Polo out of circulation, only to bring it back early 2012? What kind of kindergarten game is that? The clueless SE resorted to what clueless SEs do best. Repeated. Multiple times.

Can anyone please confirm if there could be some reasoning to this? Or are we being had by the dealership? I did read about a new Polo variant around the corner, but I assumed it was the 1.5TDi. Alternatively, does anyone have a VW email address or phone number where I can put in an official query as to this new claim about the non-availability of Pepper Grey?

Sorry if this sounds like much ado about nothing. But the color is sort of a deal breaker, I'm told
bykerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 10:17   #2333
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Guys i dont know whether its the same with everyone, i am just getting mileage of 9-10 kms/ litre on my 2 moths polo. This time after doing a tank full i drove around 160kms on the highway and after that mostly in the city in mumbai. within 20 days and around 446 kms after (first 160kms on highway) the yellow icon has appeared ( ), which means around 5 litres of petrol is left.

Shall i go to a service centre, i think mileage should not be so pathetic. Its less than 10. I drive on normal petrol, dont know whether that also affects the mileage
ankitvarshneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 10:57   #2334
Senior - BHPian
 
bottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,487
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - Pepper Grey not available anymore?

They have probably run out of pepper greys at the factory stockyard and you will have to wait a while till that color is back in production I guess
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 15:38   #2335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 120
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: VW Polo - Pepper Grey not available anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykerdawg View Post
So, the girlfriend is planning to book a Polo 1.2 CL, after exasperating over the never ending wait on the Brio she booked over a month back (revised ETA from Honda: Mid march). A visit to the VW dealership in South Delhi later, I am now baffled over something I was told matter-of-factly by an SE, there.

Apparently, VW has discontinued the Pepper Grey color for Polo until a 're-launch' in 2012. When I asked him further, about what the re-launch was all about. He said 'yea. Pepper Grey. 2012'. I was like, so VW just put the most popular color on the Polo out of circulation, only to bring it back early 2012? What kind of kindergarten game is that? The clueless SE resorted to what clueless SEs do best. Repeated. Multiple times.

Can anyone please confirm if there could be some reasoning to this? Or are we being had by the dealership? I did read about a new Polo variant around the corner, but I assumed it was the 1.5TDi. Alternatively, does anyone have a VW email address or phone number where I can put in an official query as to this new claim about the non-availability of Pepper Grey?

Sorry if this sounds like much ado about nothing. But the color is sort of a deal breaker, I'm told
What your SE told is, rubbish, but true: Pepper grey temporarily suspended due to 2012. Being based in Pune, I double checked it (from 2 dealers & Factory itself). Ridiculous & ludicurous . What to say? On being asked for reason, told that company has to sell other colours as well. Now that takes the cake. You have to paint every car & doesn't make difference to your production costs. Then why on earth will you deny a customer his "SIMPLEST" choice i.e. colour? Have seen such attitude of mfrs. Like last week, my cousin went for XUV 5OO & was told that Mahindra was not making enough whites to "promote" other colors.
Though I don't have mail ID, contact number for Plant is: 02135-661024. Hope this helps. Also, try finding out if any other dealer has your choice of color in stock. Good luck.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 19:09   #2336
BHPian
 
rejoycjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore / Calicut
Posts: 392
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
What your SE told is, rubbish, but true: Pepper grey temporarily suspended due to 2012...............................
............Though I don't have mail ID, contact number for Plant is: 02135-661024. Hope this helps. Also, try finding out if any other dealer has your choice of color in stock. Good luck.
Hey Nawal , so whats this ' due to 2012 ' mean ? Are we actually gonna get the 1.5 tdi in the early months of 2012 . As I understand that you have some contacts within the plant , will you be able to let us know if it makes sense to wait for 1.5 tdi ?
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 20:24   #2337
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 120
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hey Nawal , so whats this ' due to 2012 ' mean ? Are we actually gonna get the 1.5 tdi in the early months of 2012 . As I understand that you have some contacts within the plant , will you be able to let us know if it makes sense to wait for 1.5 tdi ?
Due to 2012 means they will be producing that color in New Year only, as currently their plant is under annual maintenance & hence no Production as such of any color. unluckily, color chosen by you is "In demand" & hence sold out. They may start production in early Dec & you'll get your fav color only in JAN & has nothing to do with 1.5 TDI launch. Hope this helps. BTW, POLO is the car worth waiting for(Personal Experience of 3200 kms in a month)I don't have any contacts in plant as such, but just that I had their phone no. Also, I don't have any update on 1.5, but will try to get information on that, if possible. Will update as & when I get some, may be in a day or two.
nawalsingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 12:10   #2338
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,765
Thanked: 10,657 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hey Are we actually gonna get the 1.5 tdi in the early months of 2012 .

Only speculations exists as of now. Here is the latest!

"Volkswagen could just be doing routine testing of the Vento or probably testing a remap of the existing engine. A wild speculation could be the presence of a 1.5-liter TDI unit in the above Vento. Volkswagen could use the Vento to test the upcoming Polo engine. For cost cutting and inventory management, VW could adopt the 1.5-liter engine into the Vento as well. The speculated 1.5-liter TDI engine is a reduced version of the existing 1.6-liter TDI motor"

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volkswagen-vento/volkswagen-vento-with-test-plates-spotted/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 19:36   #2339
BHPian
 
ritzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 67
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Got to know that, Polo topped the JD power survey in Premium hatchbak segment . It stood ahead of Honda Jazz and Hyundai i20. Polo scored 75 points - good 10 -12 points lead over Honda Jazz. Segment average is 109.

Will get the reference if available.
ritzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 21:35   #2340
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,765
Thanked: 10,657 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
Got to know that, Polo topped the JD power survey in Premium hatchbak segment .
Here is the report
Name:  20112031.jpg
Views: 2728
Size:  58.9 KB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 8611 16th November 2016 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks