Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:28   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Got the following SMS from VW Cochin today:

"VW Down to Earth Scheme - Save upto Rs.35000 on you brand new Polo/Vento petrol models. Offer valid till July 31."
Old 25th July 2011, 10:02   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Don't think the TL TDi equipped with this feature, I am not sure though as I own TL (p). You sure ?
Hey Avon, I think the TL (D) comes with this feature as I remember reading about it in some other Polo thread on TBHP. But, some TL TDi owner can confirm the same. My CL (D) has the same and hence, its for surely there on CLs and HLs.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:28   #2223
BHPian

This is my leather wrapped steering wheel done from Stanley. I would have preferred to keep the hole at the bottom of the wheel, couldn't do so because it won't hold the leather. The sides are perforated and the stitching is in red to match the car body colour as well as interior display. It cost me close to 2k and the feel is very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20110722-17.16.25.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 14:48   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
This is my leather wrapped steering wheel done from Stanley.
=====It cost me close to 2k and the feel is very good.
Looks very elegant, Anand. Good choice of red stitching as it'd certainly go well with the internal display!
vw19d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 10:25   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
This is my leather wrapped steering wheel done from Stanley. I would have preferred to keep the hole at the bottom of the wheel, couldn't do so because it won't hold the leather. The sides are perforated and the stitching is in red to match the car body colour as well as interior display. It cost me close to 2k and the feel is very good.
The wrapping on the steering is really well done. VW should give out the leather wrapping as an accessory so that it accommodates the hole in the bottom of the wheel.
Old 3rd August 2011, 06:52   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Great looking steering cover. Pity it doesnt allow the gap in the steering wheel.
e-katz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:36   #2227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Hey Avon, I think the TL (D) comes with this feature as I remember reading about it in some other Polo thread on TBHP. But, some TL TDi owner can confirm the same. My CL (D) has the same and hence, its for surely there on CLs and HLs.
Yes, The Trendline Diesel also has the Gear Shift Indicator. I have a Trendline TDI (May 2010 Vintage, the first one sold in Chennai, according to the Dealer!)

This was one of the interesting features I discovered in my first week of ownership. Initially, one tends to pay attention to this, but after a couple of weeks, I hardly ever looked at it any more.
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:21   #2228
BHPian

Okay Friends. One thing which is really giving me trouble are the headlights. Changed the stock with HID but still the area covered by headbeams is very less. the visibility factor is very low. Kindly suggest what to do.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:25   #2229
BHPian

Hey Rajamuneeb, your post prompted me also to ask this: Me still using the stock HUs and its pretty difficult to drive with that. Especially when it rains, I could hardly see the roads & I'm unsure if I'm going to the extreme ends of the roads.

Any suggestions on what bulbs could I go for? And the price range too? Also, I was thinking of getting the new bulbs fixed only from Sundaram VW, where I bought the car. I think the dealer should be ready to get it done if I provide him with the bulbs that I look for. Am I right?
Old 6th August 2011, 21:44   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rajamuneeb, your post prompted me also to ask this: Me still using the stock HUs and its pretty difficult to drive with that. Especially when it rains, I could hardly see the roads & I'm unsure if I'm going to the extreme ends of the roads.

Any suggestions on what bulbs could I go for? And the price range too? Also, I was thinking of getting the new bulbs fixed only from Sundaram VW, where I bought the car. I think the dealer should be ready to get it done if I provide him with the bulbs that I look for. Am I right?
I beleive Phillips xtreme is the one, ~ 1K INR, please check other Polo threads for exact pricing.

Why dealer, I mean its probably quite easy to get the headlight changed - reading the manual or to any local car accessories shop, dealer might create issues in future.

Driving Polo with stock headlights in rain is very difficult, especially in absence of street lights. @sadnabrina mentioned about using Bosch wipers, I believe upgraded wipers and head lights are the only option for us, Polo owners.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th August 2011 at 15:02. Reason: Typo fixed on request
Old 7th August 2011, 23:47   #2231
BHPian

@VW19d Thats exactly what i am asking also. Need suggestions as driving in dark is really hell!! @Avon if we buy the philip extreme from the market and ask the dealership to change will they do it? Also the halogens Scorpio has can they be fitted in the Polo as well...
Old 8th August 2011, 10:15   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
I beleive Phillips xtreme is the one, ~ 1K INR, please check other Polo threads for exact pricing.

Why dealer, I mean its probably quite easy to get the headlight changed - reading the manual or to any local car accessories shop, dealer might create issues in future.

Driving Polo with stock headlights in rain is very difficult, especially in absence of street lights. @sadnabrina mentioned about using Bosch wipers, I believe upgraded wipers and head lights are the only option for us, Polo owners.
Hey Avon, indeed its pretty difficult to go on long highway night trips with the stock headlights of Polo though this car tempts me to do such trips! Except for few smaller things like these here & there, no doubt the Polo is an amazing car. Well, I went to this accessories outlet yesterday who quoted a price of 1.4K for a set of 90/100 Hella bulbs (he'll get them fitted on to the car). Any one who has gone for this bulb before please tell me if this is a valid quote or sounds to be on the higher side?
Old 8th August 2011, 10:52   #2233
BHPian

Went to Privilege Moto Mall yesterday to enquire about ICE & some accessories for my Polo. The place was very professional & I liked it. The following were the prices quoted after I told my requirements to Mr. Pawan (the owner I believe).

1. HU: JBL GT-X555 - 8990 (MRP) and he's giving it 7K (20% discount)
2. Speakers (Front): Rockford R1652-S 2-Way Component System - 6490
3. Speakers (Rear): Rockford R1653- 3-Way Full Range - 3750
4. Rockford R300-4 [Large Chassis] 2,3,4 Amplifier - 12990

He's providing all these items at a 20% discount. So, that makes the price around: 7000+5000+3000+10300 = 25300 (Amplifiers are optional, suggestions needed if I can go for it or not & I asked him to audition the setup, but he said the car with this installation is out for servicing & hence, wasn't able to experience it)

Then add the following too to the above price:

5. Wiring, Spacers, Organizer, Antenna Pin & Installation - 1500
6. Panel (Seems the audio slot in Polo requires some extra panel to be inserted so that the system sits properly) - 1200

So, the final price for the setup would be 25300+1500+1200 = 28000. If I don't go for the amplifiers, probably, it'll be somewhere around 15-16K. Another goodie that he has promised me is they'll take the car themselves from my place & I don't have to go all the way to leave my car. For someone like me who's staying in one far end of Chennai, this is a feel-good factor!

Some Other accessories:

1. Solaris-35 with 54% heat rejection - 3500
2. 3D Floor Mats - 2100
3. Polo Customized 3D Mats - 5000

Does that look like a reasonable quote or am I being charged high? There's a thread exclusively for this shop here in TBHP & if my understanding is right, this place charges somewhat higher. However, if the difference is only marginal, then I think I can stick with the Moto Mall as he looked very professional and I feel like getting a peace of mind. But, if the price variance is huge, I may have to reconsider. Suggestions needed guys, especially from the Chennai folks!
Old 8th August 2011, 12:25   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another goodie that he has promised me is they'll take the car themselves from my place & I don't have to go all the way to leave my car. For someone like me who's staying in one far end of Chennai, this is a feel-good factor!

Suggestions needed guys, especially from the Chennai folks!

Well I am not from Chennai but have a bit of an idea regarding two well known ICE install places. These are Powerzone and Chandru Auto Stores. I understand there are many on the forum who have had outstanding installs done here. By outstanding I do not mean expensive but clean installs where wires are not cut and proper adapters/sockets are used to make electric connections thereby preserving the warranty of the vehicle. No cutting of sheet metal at all thereby maintaining the structural integrity and last but definitely not the least installs done using the correct gauge of power, speaker and signal wires and cables thereby giving optimum results. You can contact forum member 'donarun' who is from Chennai for the exact contact details of these outlets. Here is a link where you can see donarun's ICE install.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ld-things.html

Disclaimer : I am in no way connected to the above mentioned shops. Only the bit in your post about the shop picking up the car so you personally do not have to go there prompted me to post this. ICE install is major surgery for a vehicle and the owner must be there first hand to see that no shortcuts are taken which could result in short circuits and what not later.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:30   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Well I am not from Chennai but have a bit of an idea regarding two well known ICE install places. These are Powerzone and Chandru Auto Stores.

ICE install is major surgery for a vehicle and the owner must be there first hand to see that no shortcuts are taken which could result in short circuits and what not later.
Hello Khoj, indeed I know about both these places and have already spoken to Saravana Prabhu of Powerzone. Chandru Auto Stores, ye I know I can get genuine stuff with B&W, but haven't got time yet to check these places.

Your point about owner being present when doing the installation is taken and thanks for that. The reason why I thought of giving my car on a weekday was because the guy at Moto Mall said he's too busy on weekends! Anyways, I'll definitely consider your inputs and thanks for the suggestion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks