Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:23   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
For second service , Chevrolet guys charged only for wheel alignment and balancing. Service cost was around 300 rupees.
Then you got a good deal

4500kms ( 2nd FREE SERVICE)

Yesterday dropped the WA for service with following requests with NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever :-

1. Top up Nitrogen and change the caps from black to green to denote nitrogen

2. Wheel Alignment and Balance

3. Thorough wash with special focus on hidden body lines

The SA was recommended to me by the sales person ( Kishore) and he paid special attention and my smooth run with KUN continues

Got updates via. SMS of the car service and went at 7pm to collect the car which was ready and waiting for me.

Bill : Rs.1006 ( No charges for Nitrogen top-up)

Wheel Alignment : Rs.400
Balance ( 4 Wheels) : Rs.400
Weights : Rs.100
Windscreen Wiper liquid : Rs.35
Taxes extra

Rs.225 extra for alignment and balance at Chevy A.S.S ( As quoted by SA)

SA was all praise for the continental tyres and he said looking at the tyres he took the car out for a spin and was totally amazed to see the difference from stock ones

Overall, smooth experience with a new SA who goes into my regular contact books
Old 18th January 2011, 15:53   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

I have recently returned from a 5500kms trip in my Cruze wherein I covered 10 states of our country and WA has seen absolutely beautiful expressways, crunchy sand, horribly washed out gravely roads and finally some snow.

Essentially it has been tested with all kind of road conditions and its performance has been exemplary.

I have crossed 10,000kms and is due for its 3rd service later this week and will write a detailed 10K report once the car is back from its service.

Here are a few pictures from the trip and a detailed travelogue can be read here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...let-cruze.html
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5271.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5270.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5267.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5265.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img00088201101082044.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5859.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5926.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_6113.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_6333.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_5507.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 16:13   #438
BHPian

Woah you are covering distances like anything. Mine has barely covered 4400 kms yet :-P
I also gave my cruze for service last week and got the wheel balancing done. Off late i had been experiencing some minute vibrations in steering column at all the speeds and thus the service guy advised for the balancing. Was not happy with the result as the steering now tends to deviate towards left slightly and on a straightline car tend to go towards left. Not happy with the final work at all. will take to the workshop on thursday.
Anyways Avinash I wanted to ask you have you ever experienced any sort of vibrations in your steering or something similar yet in your cruze??
Old 18th January 2011, 16:16   #439
BHPian

Avi, Great pictures. Boy o Boy I am waiting to get my hands on one.

I guess the side stance of the cruze is the one making the lasting impression in mind. (Personal Opinion)

Last edited by Motoringlover : 18th January 2011 at 16:17. Reason: Additions
Old 18th January 2011, 16:52   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Off late i had been experiencing some minute vibrations in steering column at all the speeds and thus the service guy advised for the balancing. Was not happy with the result as the steering now tends to deviate towards left slightly and on a straightline car tend to go towards left
While returning from my trip, i was well aware that my car was approaching 10K kms and I did several tests on the Nagpur-Hyderabad stretch to understand if the car is behaving anything different from when we started this journey.

Touchwood, I took my hands of the steering wheel at 80kmph for a few seconds to see if it veers right or left. No! It nose was pointing straight ahead with absolutely no change to direction

Infact, I tested this morning again while driving to work on the open Gachibowli stretch. No issues at all

With regards to vibrations in steering, i did experience a minor vibration at exactly 120kmph on expressways and mentioned about it to my cousin too ( he didnt feel it) and not before or after. But, this was experienced maybe 2-3 times in my entire trip and then it disappeared mysteriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
I guess the side stance of the cruze is the one making the lasting impression in mind. (Personal Opinion)
That is also the reason you see so many side stance pictures. This stance is muscular and intimitading. Up close, if you see the side stance, the car looks so long (almost like a limo) due to its long wheelbase.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:07   #441
anb
BHPian

my car is also due for 3rd service this week. I'm getting low fuel efficiency around 9-10. I haven't seen above 11 so far. It may be due to my driving style. I get 13-14 on my viva crdi How much was viva's fuel efficiency?
Old 18th January 2011, 17:17   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
my car is also due for 3rd service this week. I'm getting low fuel efficiency around 9-10. I haven't seen above 11 so far. It may be due to my driving style. I get 13-14 on my viva crdi How much was viva's fuel efficiency?
My Viva CRDI gave an efficiency of 13.5 to 14kmpl in city and about 16kmpl-17kml on highway ( 20kmpl was the highest when car was <5000kms old)

Cruze is consistently giving 11kmpl-11.5kmpl in city with 100% AC.

I turn the trip odo to 0 at every tankful. And, I re-fill at 550kms with 48L coming in at auto-cut off

For this highway journey, it was slightly disappointing as the overall average it gave was 13kmpl with worst being 11.5kmpl during one tankful.
Old 18th January 2011, 21:53   #443
BHPian

Hey Avi, Quick one for you - How has been your driving comfort over your 5.5K trip in the WA - Any comments on arm rest (Does it exist or not), how far the seats extend (Considering we both are 6feet plus) and does the WA feature lumbar support.

Please advise. Best
Old 18th January 2011, 22:08   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Avi, Quick one for you - How has been your driving comfort over your 5.5K trip in the WA - Any comments on arm rest (Does it exist or not), how far the seats extend (Considering we both are 6feet plus) and does the WA feature lumbar support.
Please advise. Best
5500kms has been a terrific experience with the WA. Quick Pros and Cons observed during the trip

Pros

1. The driving seat practically wraps you and provides excellent lumbar support
2. When on highways, I can drive continously for 4+ hours without stopping the car. No stress, No fatigue. In my previous car, I needed to stretch my legs after 2+ hours for a few minutes to able to go on with my journey

Cons

1. Arm rest is not much of use. Its a bit too behind and it keeps sliding back. On a continous highway journey, its of some relief. Not much though

2. The major issue i feel is the headroom is not enough for us 6 footers due to its swooping roofline. Sometimes it feels a bit claustrophobic and this is the only point that i am not happy with a Cruze.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:33   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
5500kms has been a terrific experience with the WA. Quick Pros and Cons observed during the trip

Pros

1. The driving seat practically wraps you and provides excellent lumbar support
2. When on highways, I can drive continously for 4+ hours without stopping the car. No stress, No fatigue. In my previous car, I needed to stretch my legs after 2+ hours for a few minutes to able to go on with my journey

Cons

1. Arm rest is not much of use. Its a bit too behind and it keeps sliding back. On a continous highway journey, its of some relief. Not much though

2. The major issue i feel is the headroom is not enough for us 6 footers due to its swooping roofline. Sometimes it feels a bit claustrophobic and this is the only point that i am not happy with a Cruze.
Thanks Ani, i get bad back aches, so i trying gather intel on next acquisition.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:35   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ani, i get bad back aches, so i trying gather intel on next acquisition.
I can see your mind is already set on it. So much in-depth intel will only do more harm than good. Sometimes, you need to go with heart than with mind

Btw, it's Avi not Ani
Old 18th January 2011, 22:40   #447
BHPian

Quote:
I can see your mind is already set on it. So much in-depth intel will only do more harm than good. Sometimes, you need to go with heart than with mind

Btw, it's Avi not Ani
My bad Avinash. Sorry . I have never been more confused on selecting the car than now, just can't make my mind. Sorry for the rant mate.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:00   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

I am due for my car's 3rd service ( 10,000kms) in a couple of days. Just wanted to understand what needs to be specifically taken care of during this service especially since it has just returned from a long roadtrip.

My thoughts were :-

1. Wheel Balance and Alignment

2. Check suspension

3. Fix minor squeak on passenger seat which was evident during the return trip but, havent heard that noise since i am back

4. I have a feeling bite on brakes have come down a wee bit. I mean when i press the pedal now it has to be for atleast 2-3 inches. Previously even 1/2 an inch, brakes would apply instantly.

5. Oil change. No its due at 15,000kms

6. Have a free teflon coating voucher. Will use it at 15,000kms

Hope that I have covered the key points?

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th January 2011 at 11:01.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:23   #449
BANNED

Add air filter cleaning/check up and an underbody check.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:17   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cruze is consistently giving 11kmpl-11.5kmpl in city with 100% AC.
Avinash, I know someone seriously considering this and he was told only 9kmpl in city in some other report, which you have now clearly clarified.

We are going for the TD this Saturday. You suggest any accessories which dealer should fit on the LT before we drive it out?

In your opinion do you think the price difference of the LTZ is really justified with the lil toys, bells and whistles inside.
Climate control not being their on the LT is the big let down.

Quote:
For this highway journey, it was slightly disappointing as the overall average it gave was 13kmpl with worst being 11.5kmpl during one tankful.
That is surprising were you Annihilating the roads on that trip?
Average speed / top speeds hit on that trip?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks