Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 13:46   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
@Anshuman: Do we have the Launch Control feature in the Laura DSG? If yes, Have you tried it out? your views...
I did not try out launch control yet. I have tried flooring the Acc pedal when in S mode from stand still, i can assure you even the finest of the drivers cannot match the shift times and accurate shift points. With DSG an average driver can get Manufacturer claimed acceleration times(9.5 secs in this car), while the same is difficult to achieve in MT cars, the chances are you can smoke a faster car without much effort.

My favorite mode is D mode, with half pressed Acc Pedal, enjoying the 1500-2500rpm rev band, the 320nm torque still keeps you ahead of traffic and not affecting the FE much.

Some Interesting Videos-
Manual vs DSG- Autocar UK

How to use launch control?

Fifth Gear DSG Review VW Golf
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 23:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

My favorite mode is D mode, with half pressed Acc Pedal, enjoying the 1500-2500rpm rev band, the 320nm torque still keeps you ahead of traffic and not affecting the FE much.
I agree!! D is the best mode for everyday driving including fair bit of highway cruising. I was just curious if any of us Laura or Superb owners or even VW DSG owners tried LC. My Laura is still in the run-in period. 500 kms or so, left, to complete the run in.. Then i'll try it on the Ahmedabad-Baroda express highway! Will post more updates as soon as i try it.. Cheers!
Old 1st July 2011, 16:46   #243

I purchased a New Laura TDI A/T Ambiente in May 2011, its run almost 5000 km in less then two months with almost 3500 on highways on an average speed of 80-120 Kmpl. But its giving me an overall average of not more then 12 Kmpl, which is very low as compared to what I am reading on other posts. As per my calculations its giving me around 10 in city and 12 on highways.

Is there some issue with my piece which I need to get checked? any help/suggestions?

Also I did not get the auto dimming OVRM and auto rain sensor wipers on this even though they are listed on the Skoda India website feature list of Ambiente, what shall I do for these two items?

Thanks in advance.
Alind
Old 1st July 2011, 19:59   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
of 80-120 Kmpl. But its giving me an overall average of not more then 12 Kmpl
At that speed on a highway there is no way you are getting less than 15. Definitely raise a complaint with Skoda service and get it checked. The fuel efficiency is low for that TDI engine which is supposed to be the most fuel efficient 2 L engine.

Quote:
Also I did not get the auto dimming OVRM and auto rain sensor wipers
You should drop a mail to the dealer and ask them to respond. Knowing how these Skoda dealers treat customers, i just hope you get your answers.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:15   #245
BHPian

Hi Alind, yours should be from the infamous batch of ambiente which were missing this goddies. TBHP-ian cedricsg is doing a combined effort to get this addressed by skoda. Apparently even if you buy fogs, it can't be fitted in as the sockets are missing in the car. I suggest you to contact him and check it out.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:58   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alind View Post
I purchased a New Laura TDI A/T Ambiente in May 2011, its run almost 5000 km in less then two months with almost 3500 on highways on an average speed of 80-120 Kmpl. But its giving me an overall average of not more then 12 Kmpl, which is very low as compared to what I am reading on other posts. As per my calculations its giving me around 10 in city and 12 on highways.

Is there some issue with my piece which I need to get checked? any help/suggestions?
FE also depends on traffic conditions and individual driving style, try changing the driving style and see if you notice any change in FE.

Quote:
Also I did not get the auto dimming OVRM and auto rain sensor wipers on this even though they are listed on the Skoda India website feature list of Ambiente, what shall I do for these two items?
The current Ambiente has lost some equipment, maybe this is an effort by Skoda to make the less popular Elegance trim look good VFM. Hope you got the Foglamps.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd July 2011 at 11:01.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:15   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
FE also depends on traffic conditions and individual driving style, try changing the driving style and see if you notice any change in FE.

Have tried many styles, been driving varied cars for past 12 years or so, so I feel style is not a problem, mostly driving outside city.

The current Ambiente has lost some equipment, maybe this is an effort by Skoda to make the less popular Elegance trim look good VFM. Hope you got the Foglamps.
Yes, got the foglamps and send a email to Skoda about this and they have asked the dealer to confirm, did not get the time to get it checked as the dealership is insisting to bring the vehicle to their workshop, will update the status once I had a word with the relationship manager at the dealership.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:34   #248
BHPian

.anshuman

Congratulations on your new car. The interior and exterior looks stunning!!! The only thing I didn't like are the floor mats. The transparent ones don't look good at all especially for a car of this class. May I recommend that you get 3D Kagu mats?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 14:14   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
.anshuman

Congratulations on your new car. The interior and exterior looks stunning!!!
Thanks but the car is already 6 months old.

Quote:
The only thing I didn't like are the floor mats. The transparent ones don't look good at all especially for a car of this class. May I recommend that you get 3D Kagu mats?
The transparent mats came free with the car, so i kept these mats for temporary use in rainy days, the other time they are kept in boot. I have read a lot of posts on the forum praising 3D Kagu mats, i will surely buy them soon.
Old 2nd July 2011, 15:17   #250
BHPian

I'm also looking for 3D Kagu mats for my Laura, trouble is that I was unable to find black ones. Most retailers sell beige coloured ones which I'm not too keen on keeping in mind the Bangalore weather and its side effects. Let know if there are any leads.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:10   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I'm also looking for 3D Kagu mats for my Laura, trouble is that I was unable to find black ones. Most retailers sell beige coloured ones which I'm not too keen on keeping in mind the Bangalore weather and its side effects. Let know if there are any leads.
How much do they cost for Laura? I'll get Beige colored mats, Black ones may look odd with the Beige carpet.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:12   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
How much do they cost for Laura? I'll get Beige colored mats, Black ones may look odd with the Beige carpet.
I checked at 2 places in Bangalore, range between 5~5.5K here.
luky_13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 13:19   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

My car is back after the first service at 15,000kms. The service reminder display started reminding me a good 1000kms earlier with kms and hours left for the service. The service intervals for this car are pretty long, the first service is scheduled at 15,000 kms, there are no check up services.

Surprisingly there is only one Skoda Service Center in Gurgaon, surprising because Gurgaon has good number of Skoda cars. Left with no choice, i took my car to Giriraj Skoda. There was not much rush, i expected this place to be crowded. The staff though not really appropriate for segments they represent but was decent enough(Read better than Tata, Mahindra but not a match to Hyundai and Toyota). The service advisor who took care of my car was a very cheerful chap, explained the work and costs really well. I clearly asked them to take my approval before carrying out any extra work not recommended by Skoda.

The car was delivered back by 4pm, clean and properly waxed. The cleaning job was first rate except the oily stuff they applied to the dashboard. Overall i'd rate the ASC 7/10, it could have been better if they had better quality infrastructure(the current one looks like a makeshift temporary service center) and more professional staff.

Issues reported-
  1. HVAC Air leak towards the wind-shield leading to fogging up on humid days, an issue generic to all Lauras. Status: Fixed.
  2. A distant muted rattle from boot, again a generic issue with most Lauras. Status: It still exists on bad roads, audible with Stereo off and blower at low.
  3. I asked for Daytime Running Lights to be switched on. Status: Done with no extra charges.

Cost-

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-laurabill.jpg
  • Does the Castrol SLX Professional cost this much? This looks to be on higher side to me. Since the Engine Oil costs more than half of the total service cost, i find the other consumables(especially Filters) to be fairly priced.
  • Lubrication of suspension parts?? Is it really required at first service?
  • I asked them them to skip alignment and balancing as they were asking too much for it. It can be done at a fraction of the cost outside.

The Car-
The car has held really well till now with no issues to report(except the 2 generic issues reported above).

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th August 2011 at 13:27.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 13:28   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Anshuman, some of the Vento owners are reporting oil charges at around 1100/litre as well, so I guess it is the going rate.

I am finding it a little amusing (at my expense!) that a car that costs about 60% more than the Vento has a fairly comparable service cost.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 13:38   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140- Ownership Experience.*UPDATE* 15k Kms Service Report pg.1

Anshuman, Congrats on completing 15K. You are right behind me in terms of kms clocking

I personally feel the synthetic oil should not be so expensive especially if I compare the cost of similar stuff for my Cruze. ASC's buy oil in bulk and they get them at really good price and some ASC's are fair to pass on those savings to their customers and some dont.

Cruze Synthetic Oil was charged at Rs.611/Litre though it consumes a bit more than the Laura. I think around 6 Litres. I checked the oil price before handing over the car to them on that day and was pleasantly surprised as other Cruze owners were charged marginally higher ( Rs.700-750 range)

Btw, My 15,000kms service costed me Rs.5800
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks