Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 14:43   #166
BHPian

re: Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.

Anshuman.. I read your thread 5 times in the last few days.. totally addicted to the Laura now...

If its Laura it has to be AT White DSG.. or manual TSI

What Cash discount did you get on the Car..?
Heard its easy to get cash discount on the laura.. ? is it true ?

Just test drove the BMW X1.. the steering was too tight at parking speeds.. and the ride was rather rigid... plus its a bit over my budget.. dont know if i will be able to stratch that much,,.,.,..
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:04   #167
BHPian

@.anshuman : could you please let us know if the adhesive used to affix the window curtains has lasted ? Or did you have to screw the curtains into the door trim ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:11   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
4. Are the newer generation Laura's relatively more reliable?
5. Feedback on Vinayak Skoda and TAFE, Bangalore in terms of after sales service.
6. Approximate resale of a Laura CR MT driven 100,000 KMS after 4 years?
Let me pitch in here.

The newer gen Skodas have been proving themselves over and over again. For example, here is a link I read today from the telegraph:

Skoda named as best manufacturer in consumer poll - Telegraph

Also, TAFE Access at Bangalore is amongst the best Skoda dealers that I ve seen when it comes to service capability and knowledge base. I would recommend them over the others in Bangalore.

Your Laura if sold after 4 years and 100,000kms should fetch around 10lac INR in Blore depending on its service history, the dealer you would sell it to and the upkeep that you have done alongwith insurance history.
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:25   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Let me pitch in here.
Your Laura if sold after 4 years and 100,000kms should fetch around 10lac INR in Blore depending on its service history, the dealer you would sell it to and the upkeep that you have done alongwith insurance history.
Laura with 4yrs and 50-60K km will be approximately worth 50% of the OTR price paid if it is well maintained. You can check carwale.com that has plenty of these cars for sale.
Old 3rd April 2011, 13:44   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Laura with 4yrs and 50-60K km will be approximately worth 50% of the OTR price paid if it is well maintained. You can check carwale.com that has plenty of these cars for sale.
Plenty? I could not find one decent piece today being sold by an individual and I would NEVER recommend buying it from a used car dealer. Anyway that was OT. Also, the depreciation would be around 40-50% like you said so if the OTR price is around 18 in Bangalore, the resale value comes to around 10 lac INR.

@Anshuman: How many kms have you clocked till date?
Old 10th April 2011, 16:34   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

9k update

My Laura did some serious mile munching this month. I have driven it close to 3000kms in last 20 days, all of them on Highways. These 3000kms includes around 50%National highways, 30%State highways and 20%Link roads covered in 3 different trips.

The DSG made the trips a lot more comfortable compared to previous trips in MT cars, this time i did not have to shift up/down every few moments. Overall FE came out close to 17kpl, best was 22kpl on Delhi-Kurukshetra stretch on a early morning drive. The FE is only hampered due to constant braking on our crowded roads. The car has realistic range of 800+kms on a single tank of fuel.

The huge boot came out handy on one of the trips where we 5 people on board with lots of luggage. The Suspension does not sag as much with load compared to my previous car- Elantra, quite surprising since Elantra had stiffer setup. I did enjoy some spirited driving S mode in twisties around Dehradoon which revealed this car behaves pretty well despite the poor OE tires, overall handling is not much compromised after the recently softened suspension and the steering though on slightly lighter side is incredibly direct and improves with speed. Ground clearance is adequate for our roads.

The space at rear is not very generous, 5 large sized people in the car is a squeeze, though it's quite comfortable for 4. Laura clearly does not have as much rear legroom as Elantra or Corolla. The rear hump further spoils the experience. The ultra light Beige interiors get soiled very easily. I am planning tan colored leather seats from Stanley. I also hate the non convex driver side OVRM, it has a huge blind spot.

Now the car done close to 9000kms now. The engine feels a lot more refined compared to when it was new. The daily usage FE has dropped as i find myself driving it with heavier right foot with more frequent usage of the amazing S mode. City FE ranges from 14-16kpl(not much driving on jam packed roads). To sum it all- I am enjoying it.

Issue to report: Zero.

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-land4more_fused.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-laura_sunset.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_3891.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-img_3882.jpg

Skoda Laura DSG CR 140 - Ownership Experience.-laura_sunset4.jpg

(Click on Pics to open bigger version.)

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th April 2011 at 19:06. Reason: pictures added.
Old 10th April 2011, 18:54   #172
BHPian

Wonderful pics. Makes the white Laura seem majestic.

Amazing mileage for a car this powerful and that too for an automatic. Reading your reports, its making me seriously consider this car as well.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:00   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely brilliant photos, especially pic#1. Your car is a true beauty. The FE is not surprising considering the DSG and diesel combo.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:15   #174
Team-BHP Support

Nice photographs there .anshuman. Your Laura looks fabulous.

A friend of mine has a white Laura L&K DSG and he manages just about 8 km/l. I know, that sounds pathetic, but it's a different matter that he has done 70,000 km and 65,000 of those have been clocked with the gas-pedal buried deep into the carpet.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:18   #175
BHPian

Very artistically clicked pictures, what a mouthwatering treat. Laura has a very definitive stance and character, looks bejeweled with those projector head lamps. Anshuman your car seriously needs those high security number plates.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:25   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys i am glad you liked the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

A friend of mine has a white Laura L&K DSG and he manages just about 8 km/l. I know, that sounds pathetic, but it's a different matter that he has done 70,000 km and 65,000 of those have been clocked with the gas-pedal buried deep into the carpet.
Firstly the previous L&K had a different engine, but then even the PD engine was known for excellent FE. A figure like 8 kpl can only be achieved on absolutely choked roads where the car spends more time waiting rather than moving. Out on highways even when driven flatout in S mode my car never ever goes near single digit FE mark.

The DSG box is very intelligent in sensing the driver's intention(Atleast mine). I never have to lift off to upshift, i rarely have to bury the acc pedal to downshift. I have never caught the gearbox in wrong gear, believe me it can even trot around all day in city traffic at revs as low as 1200rpm. The tiptronic mode is best left alone, why revv when all that 320nm is available low down, for spirited driving a human being can never match the S mode through tip-tronic or traditional MT.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th April 2011 at 20:29.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:43   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Firstly the previous L&K had a different engine, but then even the PD engine was known for excellent FE. A figure like 8 kpl can only be achieved on absolutely choked roads where the car spends more time waiting rather than moving. Out on highways even when driven flatout in S mode my car never ever goes near single digit FE mark.

The DSG box is very intelligent in sensing the driver's intention(Atleast mine). I never have to lift off to upshift, i rarely have to bury the acc pedal to downshift. I have never caught the gearbox in wrong gear, believe me it can even trot around all day in city traffic at revs as low as 1200rpm. The tiptronic mode is best left alone, why revv when all that 320nm is available low down, for spirited driving a human being can never match the S mode through tip-tronic or traditional MT.
Yes, his Laura is powered by the older PD motor. Noisy it may be, but it does deliver when it comes to performance. His car used to give him a healthy 14-16 km/l for the first few years. That was when his father used to drive it. Now, in choked Bangalore roads, coupled with heavy bursts of acceleration whenever the roads are even slightly empty, he manages to achieve a miserable 8 km/l. He literally buries the throttle all the time.

I've driven the car and despite clocking 70,000 km, it's still butter smooth. There seems to be a judder in the 'box when the car is moving slowly, but once you pick up speed it seems to disappear. Our guess is that the clutch plates are worn out.

How different is the gearbox on the older Laura when compared to the new one? Have there been any improvements?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th April 2011 at 21:00. Reason: Typo
Old 10th April 2011, 20:44   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hi anshuman, Very nice pictures of your car, absolute treat to watch. My elder brother is also getting a Skoda Laura in May but he is going for MT version.

Can you please tell me which Skoda dealer is much better in Gurgaon - Jai auto or Giriraj motors? (in sales and service departments)

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th April 2011 at 20:46.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:47   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
My Laura did some serious mile munching this month. I have driven it close to 3000kms in last 20 days.

The ultra light Beige interiors get soiled very easily. I am planning tan colored leather seats from Stanley. I also hate the non convex driver side OVRM, it has a huge blind spot.
A great photographer at work! Awesome indeed

Being a huge fan of tan leather seats, looking forward for some interior pics with the new leather clothes.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:56   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yes, his Laura is powered by the older PD motor. Noisy it may be, but it does deliver when it comes to performance.

I've driven the car and despite clocking 70,000 km, it's still butter smooth. There seems to be a judder in the 'box when the car is moving slowly, but once you pick up speed it seems to disappear. Our guess is that his clutch plates are worn out.

How different is the gearbox on the older Laura and the new one? Have there been any improvements?
The older PD was loud and had narrower power band but it performed really well after 2000rpm up-till 4000rpm. The newer CR engines start pulling from 1500rpm and do not lose steam till 4500rpm, redline is 5000rpm.

Later L&K came with the DOHC 140hp PD engine, which was a lot better.

The newer gearbox is same as before but is told be more reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi anshuman, Very nice pictures of your car, absolute treat to watch. My elder brother is also getting a Skoda Laura in May but he is going for MT version.

Can you please tell me which Skoda dealer is much better in Gurgaon - Jai auto or Giriraj motors? (in sales and service departments)
Both Giriraj and Jai are owned and operated by same owner. I found both of them good.

How to differentiate 140hp DSG version from 110hp MT version?
- 110hp version has bent down tailpipe, 140hp version has straight pipes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks