Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 18:12   #1006
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Recently we bought an all new Honda city and here is how the whole things took shape.
I started out with a budget of up to 10 l.....
Hello,

I must admit that I find this thread very interesting. Kudos to you.

However I have been wanting to ask you, why this name to the thread?

No criticism here BTW.

Pl enlighten me if you can.
Old 28th November 2013, 18:41   #1007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello,

No criticism here BTW.

Honda City i-VTEC + Petrol = Holes in pocket and the world is now running behind Diesels so he has gone against the world and purchased a Petrol powered car so it is He + City. This is my understanding behind the world.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:47   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Honda City i-VTEC + Petrol = Holes in pocket and the world is now running behind Diesels so he has gone against the world and purchased a Petrol powered car so it is He + City. This is my understanding behind the world.

Anurag.
I think its more because its a Petrol yes but may not have to do with the upcoming Honda Diesel since bluevolt purchased this long back when Diesel was not even on cards for Honda.

However, I think he took the bold decision to settle for a Petrol sedan when there were many Fuel efficient Diesel Sedans glorifying the Indian roads then.

I think that seems to be the reason for being "against" the world.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 20:02   #1009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I think its more because its a Petrol yes but may not have to do with the upcoming Honda Diesel since bluevolt purchased this long back when Diesel was not even on cards for Honda.

However, I think he took the bold decision to settle for a Petrol sedan when there were many Fuel efficient Diesel Sedans glorifying the Indian roads then.

I think that seems to be the reason for being "against" the world.
Look who is taking. :lol

A owner with a WagonR that has clocked 2.2L kms that runs on petrol. If I was allowed I would have renamed your WagonR thread also with this title. Had it not been for the Ertiga, your the winner for "Me + My ride against the world title"

No offence.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 20:31   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello,

No criticism here BTW.

Quote:

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I think that seems to be the reason for being "against" the world
Hahaaha... Nice interpretations

Actually when I bought Honda City in Oct 2010, I had limited choices in C segment especially for diesel variant. Hyundai Verna Fluidic, Volkswagen Vento, Ford Fiesta, Maruti SX4 (all new diesel models) were not launched.

I ignored Fiat Linea for the poor A.S.S.

So had to choose from Honda City, Maruti SX4 and Fiat Linea - So Honda City was obvious choice as I knew all other models (then Verna et al) will be soon discontinued.

We also don't change cars very often so wanted a futuristic car which will remain fresh for long time - here also City scored ; even after the fourth gen unveil, the 3rd gen City does not looks completely outdated and discontinued model (like that was the case with Dolphin shaped City). I am happy that Honda didn't played much with City's arrow shot design.

Our running is also not much - around 7-10K KMs/year out of which 2-3K KMs are shared by WagonR and my Karizma, so petrol car is not pinching our pockets yet. None of our cars are CNGfied.

But yes in future it will be diesel and most probably from Honda only!

PS - The thread title is inspired from the song - 'Us Against the World' by WestLife - Awesome song! Listen to the lyrics and you will find out it as an apt thread title IMO ^_^

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th November 2013 at 20:45.
bluevolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 19:24   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Got the horn replaced under warranty today; the replacement job took around 1 hour.

The low tone unit was not working. Hope it works fine now.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-imag1161.jpg
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 08:20   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
Got the horn replaced under warranty today; the replacement job took around 1 hour.

The low tone unit was not working. Hope it works fine now.
1K for a horn?! Is it for the low tone or is that amount charged for the pair?

Your car is warranty that's fine but 1K is a bit too steep IMO or this is the way Honda is!

Anurag.
Old 1st December 2013, 08:53   #1013
BHPian

Quote:

Your car is warranty that's fine but 1K is a bit too steep IMO or this is the way Honda is!

Anurag.
Yes, the price is for a single horn (not pair). Having replaced a horn once on my car, I can confirm the same.
Old 1st December 2013, 10:44   #1014
BHPian

Any review of the City 2013: esp. The diesel variants...?
Old 1st December 2013, 12:22   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Yes, the price is for a single horn (not pair). Having replaced a horn once on my car, I can confirm the same.
Yes it is for the single low tone unit. The complete pair is around 2k+ (IIRC 2500 including wiring and labour)

I checked the horns of around 5-6 Citys present in the service center and to my surprise 4 were having aftermarket horns. The horn problem is with all Citys. The SA says that Honda has designed the horns for sparing use only which is not possible in our country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplav View Post
Any review of the City 2013: esp. The diesel variants...?
Let's see when the official Team-BHP review is out.

Ring Road Honda, delhi, will get the 2014 City on display in January and test drive will be available only by then.

The Sales person asked me if I am interested in trading off my City with the new one? I said NO WAY!
Old 1st December 2013, 15:24   #1016
BANNED

Quote:
Yes it is for the single low tone unit. The complete pair is around 2k+ (IIRC 2500 including wiring and labour)

I checked the horns of around 5-6 Citys present in the service center and to my surprise 4 were having after market horns. The horn problem is with all Citys. The SA says that Honda has designed the horns for sparing use only which is not possible in our country!
Honda being in India from so long could not study out mindset when it comes to Horns is it?! LOL. Features in a car ain't important if the horn is weak and doesn't do its duty of clearing the way. So I feel Honda has to plonk in horns from Roots etc as it will cheaper to replace if a problem arises in future.

2.5K for a pair of horns is daylight robbery IMO. Is your car under warranty? If yes, then OK else go for the after market decent sounding ones. No air horns or louder, tackier ones.

Quote:
The Sales person asked me if I am interested in trading off my City with the new one? I said NO WAY!
So you still want be in the "Me + My ride against the world" category!

I was expecting you to switch to the Diesel City in a few months time.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 17:21   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda being in India from so long could not study out mindset when it comes to Horns is it?! LOL. Features in a car ain't important if the horn is weak and doesn't do its duty of clearing the way. So I feel Honda has to plonk in horns from Roots etc as it will cheaper to replace if a problem arises in future.

2.5K for a pair of horns is daylight robbery IMO. Is your car under warranty? If yes, then OK else go for the after market decent sounding ones. No air horns or louder, tackier ones.
Yes My car is still under extended warranty till 2014. After the warranty period is over, I will get after market replacement only.

Honda is known for expensive spare parts. Just for an example that tiny little antenna costs Rs. 1100 + taxes!

Quote:
So you still want be in the "Me + My ride against the world" category!

I was expecting you to switch to the Diesel City in a few months time.

Anurag.
There are many reasons which don't tempt me to switch Venus with a 2014 diesel variant.

First, my running is not much and the price difference between petrol and diesel is also getting closer day by day (~Rs. 18 in Delhi). I always get 14KMPL+ mileage in the city and 18KMPL+ on highways so a petrol car is not pinching my pocket any ways yet.

Second, My car has covered only 21K KMS in the last three years. It still feels and runs like brand new. It will not be logical to loose money in terms of depreciation, higher insurance premiums, loan interest et al. Swapping a car just because it is now generation older is not logical and economical IMO. I haven't even thought of replacing my six years old WagonR yet, So Venus is going to stay with the family for long time.

Third, the 4th gen is not exciting in terms of diesel engine. They are giving the Fixed Geometry Turbo instead of the Variable Geometry Turbo in the same engine as in Amaze with hardly any bump in terms of power/torque. My expectation was at least 120+BHP as in Verna 1.6!

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st December 2013 at 17:25.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:26   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First, my running is not much and the price difference between petrol and diesel is also getting closer day by day (~Rs. 18 in Delhi). I always get 14KMPL+ mileage in the city and 18KMPL+ on highways so a petrol car is not pinching my pocket any ways yet.

Second, My car has covered only 21K KMS in the last three years. It still feels and runs like brand new. It will not be logical to loose money in terms of depreciation, higher insurance premiums, loan interest et al. Swapping a car just because it is now generation older is not logical and economical IMO. I haven't even thought of replacing my six years old WagonR yet, So Venus is going to stay with the family for long time.
Yes i fully agree with you. Selling the car for 4-5 Lacs and investing another 7-8 lacs for Diesel City, just to switch to Diesel wont make sense, Unless its a serious upgrade.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 13:25   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes i fully agree with you. Selling the car for 4-5 Lacs and investing another 7-8 lacs for Diesel City, just to switch to Diesel wont make sense, Unless its a serious upgrade.
Exactly and in general it will be the worst time for a person to sell his car upon immediate announcement of a new gen because the prices quoted by dealers/agents are deliberately on lower side then the car deserves to take the advantage of the situation and make profit.

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th December 2013 at 13:26.
Old 17th December 2013, 11:42   #1020
Senior - BHPian

I am going to get my car's battery checked this weekend as the cranking is going slow day by day. I tried opening the battery caps to fill distilled water but failed to open them as the caps are too tightly closed. I think SVC people never filled the water during service also else there must have been some mark near the caps.

Meanwhile Not so exciting engine power specs for the 2014 diesel City.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-1472036_674944302527579_2069710427_n.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th December 2013 at 11:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks