Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:09   #571
BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Does anyone know if 3D Kagu mats are available now for Tata Zest? Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:26   #572
BHPian

A dealer in Bangalore is selling the maxpider 3d mats for 5.5k, seems genuine and durable to me. Just wanted to know if it's worth investigating or shall I just use the star /coozo 3d mats readily available around 2k. Any inputs from users would be highly helpful.

PS: Saw a rapid getting the maxpider mats and the interior did look classy

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2015 at 10:55. Reason: Spaces before punctuation marks not needed. :)
Old 26th June 2015, 11:23   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices of 3D mats are just way too high especially for premium cars. I strongly recommend that one should always check with the dealership for OEM all weather floor mats before considering Kagu. The OEM mats are far better fitted, better looking and most often better priced!
For example, I enquired about Kagu 3D mats from their official Mumbai agent at Opera house for my new S-class w222, he quoted 16k for Kagu Maxspider 3d. I checked with the Mercedes dealership they offered all weather floor mats for 10.5k, almost 60% cheaper than Kagu 3d! The color matches perfectly with my interior beige and overall quality and look is definitely better than Kagu too.
Kagu 3d has encouraged counterfeit products into the market due to their high pricing, they seriously need to reconsider their pricing here.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 15:11   #574
BHPian

I had ordered 3D Star Mats from Sai Mag Wheels via SnapDeal after reading good reviews about them here for INR 2474.

Here is the link to the article on SnapDeal.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/star...ion/1639272870

The shipment by seller was super fast however I was disappointed with the quality of the product itself. Immediately returned the article and got the refund.

I did not find the product worthy of the price demanded.

Some of the issues with the mats were
  1. 3D edges were poorly finished and crimped with creases all over (see pic)
  2. Rear mats were 3 piece against 1 piece as advertised in their parent website
  3. Centre piece over hump was of a different material and fitted poorly
  4. Overall fit and finish was poor and not acceptable to me. Rear left and right mats were not symmetrical to each other. This is clearly visible in the attached pics.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20150122_095526361.jpg
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-img_20150122_095548391.jpg

That being said the material was good and back had nice valcro like finish which stuck to the carpet and mats did not move around.
Seller provided fast shipping, very good packaging and prompt reverse pickup and refund. No questions asked. So full marks there.

Cheers
Vishwas

Last edited by vishwaschettri : 26th June 2015 at 15:16.
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 15:27   #575
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

My 3D Kagu Mats are now around 3 and a half years old.
Of course I ve only driven 29000 odd kms in this time.
But they are in tiptop condition just the way they were on the first day I got them.
I bought them within a month or so of my buying the Yeti.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:19   #576

I have star mats in my Duster and they costed around 2k. I had some complaints about them initially but their support team sorted that out quickly. I am pretty satisfied with their quality. I would surely recommend them to anyone who has a similar budget.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 1st July 2015, 16:59   #577
BHPian

I had the same issue with star mats as your of corners lifting. In addition the corners were crimped and left and right mats were not symmetrical leading to a poor fit. I agree that the material is good but fabrication was way too poor to my liking.

For me INR 2400 is a lot of money for car mats and I expected top quality for my top dollar.

Thus ended up returning them and buying another 3D mat from near by accessory shop for INR 1000 which are though lower in quality than star mats have better finish and VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
please find some of the pictures of the star mats placed in my Duster. I have tried to fit the mats a few times and this is the best how they fit. Also, folding is not an option that would work here.

Attachment 1291669

Attachment 1291670

Attachment 1291671

Attachment 1291672

Attachment 1291673

It would be wrong for me to suggest that these mats are bad, infact their quality is pretty good. However, they don't fit well enough for my liking at the front. At the back it is even worse and pictures make it very clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitbhai View Post
I have star mats in my Duster and they costed around 2k. I had some complaints about them initially but their support team sorted that out quickly. I am pretty satisfied with their quality. I would surely recommend them to anyone who has a similar budget.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 1st July 2015, 21:06   #578

Hi

Can someone please help me where to source kagu mats for xuv in NCR. Online i can find on ebay only (seller : autofresh seems reputed) but cant trust ebay due to previous experience.
Anywhere where i can go to a showroom and buy it in NCR

Thanks
GK
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:31   #579
BHPian

Since your location is in Gurgaon. They are available at Batra car car. Auto zone. At sector 14.

Or visit automatic in lajpat nagar.
Old 13th August 2015, 12:11   #580
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I intend to buy the 3D car mats for my Santro Xing. I got this image from the internet. Will the mat be a perfect fit to the inner boundary of the floor of the car.

Name:  3d mat.PNG
Views: 3987
Size:  97.9 KB
Old 13th August 2015, 12:16   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I got this image from the internet. Will the mat be a perfect fit to the inner boundary of the floor of the car.
Since your location mentions Bangalore, I would suggest you check out the same after visiting Hot tracks.

I found their price cheaper than online by few hundred rupees too, also if you are not satisfied by the fitting you can save your money too.

Do check with them if they have stock of your color preference before going.

Details here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 12:24   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Since your location mentions Bangalore, I would suggest you check out the same after visiting Hot tracks.

I found their price cheaper than online by few hundred rupees too, also if you are not satisfied by the fitting you can save your money too.

Do check with them if they have stock of your color preference before going.

Details here.
Thanks Suhas. i forgot to mention my location as bangalore. I just called up HOT TRACKS and asked them if they have the 3D car mat for santro xing. The person replied he has an universal car mat which should fit in the santro. The price is Rs 3800.
The online price is Rs 1775 which is way cheaper compared to what HOT TRACKS quoted.
Is it reliable if i buy the car mat online??
Old 13th August 2015, 12:38   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The online price is Rs 1775 which is way cheaper compared to what HOT TRACKS quoted.
The price difference may be due to different brand. Hot Tracks usually stock 3D Kagu mats, while checking online I have seen mats of different manufactures which were cheaper (Ex Star).

I had seen mixed reviews of the same, hence decided to go ahead with Kagu mats.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:02   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Suhas. i forgot to mention my location as bangalore. I just called up HOT TRACKS and asked them if they have the 3D car mat for santro xing. The person replied he has an universal car mat which should fit in the santro. The price is Rs 3800.
Is it reliable if i buy the car mat online??
Universal defeats the purpose of 3D. It should be custom made for a Santro.

Even if you buy Rs.300 mat, always buy mats specifically made for your car.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:07   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Universal defeats the purpose of 3D. It should be custom made for a Santro.

Even if you buy Rs.300 mat, always buy mats specifically made for your car.
I got this quote online. Is it reliable to proceed with this.?

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-3d-autokart-mat.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks