Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 13:54   #511
BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Guys on my 2 year old 3D mats, on the driver side, the area where I keep my foot has come off. Any solutions for fixing the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
clean the mat very well, and apply feviquick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
The superglue/feviquick idea is good. Seems to work for me.
Fevibond would be a better option since it is rubber based, ideal for bonding flexible material. Thoroughly wash and dry the mat, apply liberal amount of Fevibond on both sides, don't stick together yet - let it dry for 10 mins, finally stick together and put some heavy weight on the mat overnight.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 14:14   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
clean the mat very well, and apply feviquick
Thanks. The mats are cleaned everyday. This was after a 1500km drive by dad. I noticed this after the car came back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
@ Rohan - I have the same issue on my 3D mats. The superglue/feviquick idea is good. Seems to work for me.
Will try this over the weekend.

Just a quick question: Will the glue affect the mat in any way? How much quantity should i be using?

Bejoy just saw your post: Is Fevibond available in small quantity? And do i rip apart the footmat area completely to redo it?

Thanks
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 8th August 2014 at 14:16.
Old 8th August 2014, 14:51   #513
Senior - BHPian

Hi rohan, the application is upto you. I didnt rip off the whole mat and apply. Just the bits that came out (the edges basically). Dont use too much so that they seep out when you apply pressure on them after application. Fevibond is a better product. I actually used a fibre glue that we use for insulating hot water pipes. Worked as good and seems stronger than original. :-)
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 15:08   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Bejoy just saw your post: Is Fevibond available in small quantity? And do i rip apart the footmat area completely to redo it?
Yes, it is available in small tubes. Most stationary shops stock it, along with other glues. You don't need to rip apart, just the corner would be sufficient, ensuring that a considerable area is covered to get a better bond.
Old 30th August 2014, 18:05   #515
BHPian

I recently ordered 3D Kagu mats given the below link from ebay for my XUV

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=151364457050

By seeing 3D Kagu I though I am buying Maxspider mats, but today I received Car Mats which is of brand "Star". I spoke to the seller and he is telling that this is one of the best selling brancds and Maxspider costs much higher that what I paid for this(5000/-). He is also willing to refund if I am not satisfied with this after few months of usage and said will take it back in whichever condition it is.

Have anybody used Star mats for XUV and can you tell me how good it is. Did it fit correctly?
Old 30th August 2014, 20:13   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
By seeing 3D Kagu I though I am buying Maxspider mats, but today I received Car Mats which is of brand "Star".
Is this what you got?
http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_42.htm

Star mats are pretty decent.
Old 30th August 2014, 21:15   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Is this what you got?
http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_42.htm

Star mats are pretty decent.
Yes..it looks the same. The seller was telling me they in star itself there are many varieties and he send me the Eco variant and hence the price is 5k. Not sure if he is saying the truth
Old 30th August 2014, 22:32   #518
BHPian

Any idea where I can get premium mats for i20 elite? Preferably online.
Old 30th August 2014, 23:06   #519
BHPian

Maxpider 3d kagus are any day better than Star mats. All depends on you whether you want to keep the star mats? Or got for the maxpiders. While searching online for these mats always use the search string as - maxpider 3d kagu. And you will get the desired mats. I got mine for laura for around 5.5 k (I think) around 2 yrs back. The seller provided me a deal out of eBay by offering 20% off the eBay price and agreed on cash on delivery
Old 31st August 2014, 08:21   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Yes, it is available in small tubes. Most stationary shops stock it, along with other glues. You don't need to rip apart, just the corner would be sufficient, ensuring that a considerable area is covered to get a better bond.
Have done the same using rubber solution (the icky red stuff) to my 3 1/2 year-old Kagus but only for the driver side mat. I drive daily for 3 hours plus innumerable clutch actions wearing either office shoes or boots; the others are pristine and like new.

As I have the black ones, I recommend a mild application of black shoe polish and buffing to retain the 'black' look. Before anybody asks, I reolcated the heel mat from the top right to the current location - I think my mat set was meant for the automatic Cruze - hence the 'wrong' placement for my manual Cruze!

Am I happy with them? Very - my cars interiors are spick and span even with 2 unruly kids - I just have to carefully pick them up and empty them out.
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-kagu-1-resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-kagu-2-resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-kagu-3-resized.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st August 2014 at 08:25. Reason: Typo
Old 31st August 2014, 08:54   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Yes..it looks the same. The seller was telling me they in star itself there are many varieties and he send me the Eco variant and hence the price is 5k. Not sure if he is saying the truth
If it were me, I would return the mats and demand a refund since the seller did not mention star mats explicitly. If you like star mats you can get it directly from carmatsindia.com for a lesser price. If you want the maxpider 3d mats, it will cost you more than 5 K.
Old 31st August 2014, 09:10   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I recently ordered 3D Kagu mats given the below link from ebay for my XUV

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=151364457050

By seeing 3D Kagu I though I am buying Maxspider mats, but today I received Car Mats which is of brand "Star". I spoke to the seller and he is telling that this is one of the best selling brancds and Maxspider costs much higher that what I paid for this(5000/-). He is also willing to refund if I am not satisfied with this after few months of usage and said will take it back in whichever condition it is.

Have anybody used Star mats for XUV and can you tell me how good it is. Did it fit correctly?
Dear gpriyesh,

I ordered Star Mats for our Polo & Passat over a month back after checking out the cost/benefit of Maxspider vs Star Mats. IMHO the Star Mats are just as good as Maxspider, at a lesser cost. You can buy the directly from www.carmatsindia.com. Please check the price on the website before communicating with the seller, 5k seems a bit too high.

The fit is good. On the Passat, the drivers side mat does not have a cut-out for the dead pedal. Apart from this, I am very happy with Star Mats.
Old 31st August 2014, 10:49   #523
BANNED

Quote:
By seeing 3D Kagu I though I am buying Maxspider mats, but today I received Car Mats which is of brand "Star". I spoke to the seller and he is telling that this is one of the best selling brands and Maxspider costs much higher that what I paid for this (5000/-).
Advice you to cancel the order and buy it from Car Mats India.

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...r_mats_42.htm#

Mat Color - Beige
Pieces - 5
Price - Rs 3800 (free shipping).

AFAIK, M&M deals with these mats and you can buy it from them directly or buy it from the above link.

5K is high for these mats.

Anurag.
Old 31st August 2014, 11:13   #524
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback on Star Mats. I already got the item delivered by ebay seller. I came to know that the brand is Star only when I received it. Now I have to take the pain for sending it back. Seller assured me that I can try to for few weeks and if not satisfied he will take it back in whatever condition it is. Let me try that
Old 1st September 2014, 11:58   #525
BHPian

Hey guys, any idea as to where to find carpet and heatlon rolls in Chennai ? I heard its available somewhere in Pycroft Road, but it would be great if someone could give an exact idea. I wanted to do the insulation and carpeting work for my 118 NE. Since readymade stuff is not available for the car anymore, hence i need to buy sheets.
Kindly help .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks