Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 12:00   #631
BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Finally ordered Star ECO 3D Mats for my Elite I-20 fro 3.2K and awaiting for delivery.

I chose black ones being conservative.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:16   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Hi,

Has anybody tried the Beige mats in a car that has black interiors? Do they look fine or out of place?

I am thinking Beige will make my car look roomier but my Punto has black interiors and grey seat covers.
I have beige mats in my GT TSI, which comes with black interiors.
They give you a sense of space, besides masking the sand/dust / mud which would stand out on a black mat.
sunsetorange is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:24   #633
BHPian

Received my Star Mats Eco yesterday and tried to install them in my Fiat Punto today.

Could somebody confirm if these mats are really customised for each car as they seem to be a generic cut and ill fitting. May be I am not able to figure out how to install them. Please refer to the pictures and let me know if this is normal as the front passenger side mat seems very ill fitting while the driver's side is a 90% fit. I am writing to the seller/manufacturer as well and will post here if I hear from them.

The mats are unused, to of the box and yet seem dirty. But that's a different issue.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 9th September 2016 at 09:53.
Old 9th September 2016, 09:55   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Could somebody confirm if these mats are really customised for each car as they seem to be a generic cut and ill fitting.
They are customised for each car. In my experience of referring thes to quite a few friends involved cars like SX4, Linea and Punto 2 years back and each of these mats were fitting very well.

However, I do recall a recent instance where a friend ordered for Ertiga and he received a totally different design from that of mine. For example, for 2nd row he received 3 pieces instead of just one which itself is a messy way to manage these mats.

Quote:
The mats are unused, to of the box and yet seem dirty. But that's a different issue.
Surprising indeed. You must write to them and ask for an explanation.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 18:22   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I have beige mats in my GT TSI, which comes with black interiors.
They give you a sense of space, besides masking the sand/dust / mud which would stand out on a black mat.
Hey, can you please share the cost of 3D Kagu Mats for GT TSI? Is it approx 5k?
Old 14th September 2016, 18:53   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hey, can you please share the cost of 3D Kagu Mats for GT TSI? Is it approx 5k?
I paid 6k for Kagu 3D mats for the GT TSI. Made the purchase in February earlier this year.

Cheers
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 19:04   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I paid 6k for Kagu 3D mats for the GT TSI. Made the purchase in February earlier this year.

Cheers
Hi,

Do the 3d kagu mats fit perfectly for the driver side. All shops i checked have 3d kagu mats for manual polos with no foot rest. And GT TSI comes with a foot rest these days and the mats dont fit.

Do update .
Gaurav.
Old 14th September 2016, 22:31   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hi,

Do the 3d kagu mats fit perfectly for the driver side. All shops i checked have 3d kagu mats for manual polos with no foot rest. And GT TSI comes with a foot rest these days and the mats dont fit.

Do update .
Gaurav.
Look for mats that mention that they cover the dead pedal. The Star Mats I just purchased for my Punto go over the dead pedal.
Old 14th September 2016, 22:44   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hi,

Do update .
Gaurav.
Unfortunately 3D Kagu mats do not come with the provision of dead pedal cover for polo/Vento. I had a bitter experience of purchasing one for my Vento from Autofresh and found that it will not fit. Had to return the mats and lost about 800 Rs.

Suggest to check other brands such as star mats.
Old 19th September 2016, 13:01   #640
BHPian

I'm awaiting Delivery of my Xcent, postponed to Navratri and have the following queries :
1) My friend has spare 3D Mats for his Elite i20 lying around. Would they fit the Xcent?
2) What would be a better choice, 3M Noodle, 3D or 5D Mats (Brand suggestions please)?
3) Are the trunk mats really useful? If yes, what brand and type should I go for?

I was offered a free package with all these, but I haggled for a cash discount instead. Looking forward for suggestions.
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:57   #641
BHPian

With my GT, I negotiated for Kagu mats, the dealer couldn't source Kagu, hence we settled for 3D mats,black in color, brand unknown, seem like a counter fit of the Kagu, they fit well and cover the dead pedal, however cleaning the mats is a pain especially the wet dirty marks in the Monsoon? Does anyone else have this same issue?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2016 at 18:45. Reason: Typos.
Old 12th October 2016, 16:48   #642
BHPian

One year on and I am still to find one good floor mat, specially customized for my Fluidic Verna. All of the mats seems to be made for universal size, hence giving a shabby look.
Old 26th October 2016, 18:06   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not these 2 Brands but I bought a set of 3D mats from www.carmatsindia.com soon after I bought the Ertiga and these mats have lasted really well even after driving for 100,000 kms.
I tried reaching them on the numbers mentioned on the website and there was no response. Does not give me enough confidence to go ahead and make the payment.

Does anyone know if I can get these mats from any of the 'reputed' online sites?
Old 26th October 2016, 18:15   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I tried reaching them on the numbers mentioned on the website and there was no response. Does not give me enough confidence to go ahead and make the payment.

Does anyone know if I can get these mats from any of the 'reputed' online sites?
Amazon retails it. Search for "Star Car Mats".

When I picked (2013), the e-commerce buzz in the Automotive after market accessories was not like the way it is.

The only reason why I went ahead and made the payment on their own site and placed the order is because they (Starmats) belong to the same Sai Mag Wheels family, a name synonymous with Alloys wheels where many have bought Alloy wheels from.

https://www.alloywheelsindia.com/ - And these chaps have quite a reputation.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 18:56   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Amazon retails it. Search for "Star Car Mats".
I am looking for the ones that fit in a Polo. The rating of that in Amazon is abysmally low - out of 14 reviews, 9 have given 1 star mainly because of the fit.

I called them back and this time the gentleman responded. He asked me to email the question about the fit. I have done that, lets see what they have to say and if they have any pictures.

Surprisingly, on Amazon the beige "Eco" mat for Polo/Vento is retailing at Rs 1300, while the same thing on their website is at Rs 2700.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks