Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 11:54   #586
adu
BHPian

Re: 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Thanks Suhas. i forgot to mention my location as bangalore. I just called up HOT TRACKS and asked them if they have the 3D car mat for santro xing. The person replied he has an universal car mat which should fit in the santro. The price is Rs 3800.
The online price is Rs 1775 which is way cheaper compared to what HOT TRACKS quoted.
Is it reliable if i buy the car mat online??
Suresh, you can try Konark's which has 3 branches at Jayanagar, Lalbagh (opposite to MTR) and Koramangala. I visit the Jayanagar branch and have been doing so for the last 6 years as I have found the quality of their products very good. My XUV has the 3D mats and so did my Optra before that and I have had no issues to complain about the quality and fit. If you need introductions, let me know as I personally know the owners due to my long association with them.

Quote:
I got this quote online. Is it reliable to proceed with this.?
Problem with a lot of online sellers is that they copy the images from sites that are selling the original product or company website. But in reality what you get is very different, so that is a call you need to take regarding the risk.

Last edited by adu : 14th August 2015 at 12:00.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 12:13   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Suresh, you can try Konark's which has 3 branches at Jayanagar, Lalbagh (opposite to MTR) and Koramangala. I visit the Jayanagar branch and have been doing so for the last 6 years as I have found the quality of their products very good. My XUV has the 3D mats and so did my Optra before that and I have had no issues to complain about the quality and fit. If you need introductions, let me know as I personally know the owners due to my long association with them.

Problem with a lot of online sellers is that they copy the images from sites that are selling the original product or company website. But in reality what you get is very different, so that is a call you need to take regarding the risk.
Mate, Thanx a lot for your feedback and help. Can u tell me the exact location in jayanagar and koramangala so that i will try to visit the shop in person.
You have rightly pointed out about the pictures shown for online sale. They look similar.
Old 14th August 2015, 12:22   #588
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Mate, Thanx a lot for your feedback and help. Can u tell me the exact location in jayanagar and koramangala so that i will try to visit the shop in person.
You have rightly pointed out about the pictures shown for online sale. They look similar.
Will PM you the details and contact number.
Old 28th August 2015, 23:31   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The prices of 3D mats are just way too high especially for premium cars. I strongly recommend that one should always check with the dealership for OEM all weather floor mats before considering Kagu. The OEM mats are far better fitted, better looking and most often better priced!
For example, I enquired about Kagu 3D mats from their official Mumbai agent at Opera house for my new S-class w222, he quoted 16k for Kagu Maxspider 3d. I checked with the Mercedes dealership they offered all weather floor mats for 10.5k, almost 60% cheaper than Kagu 3d! The color matches perfectly with my interior beige and overall quality and look is definitely better than Kagu too.
Kagu 3d has encouraged counterfeit products into the market due to their high pricing, they seriously need to reconsider their pricing here.
I am glad that was the case for your car, but I had a very different experience recently when I went to get mats for my BMW from their local dealership. As it turns out, or rather based on what the salesperson told me BMW does not make beige colour mats and instead would only offer black mats for a car that has beige interiors. I find that policy rather absurd, why put black mats that would clash with beige interiors? Now, I am not sure if that particular sales person was trying a pull a fast one on me or whether what he claimed is infact true. This forced me to shop /look elsewhere and after considering brands such as Maxpider, Star and Coozo; I finally ended up getting Coozo 5d ones.

Anyhow based on what you mentioned above clearly Merc dealerships are doing a far better job than BMW when it comes to things like these.
Old 12th September 2015, 20:01   #590
BHPian

Hi all,
Was doing some research on getting mats for my new elite i20. Had been looking for a more affordable alternative to the maxpider kagu 3d mat. No satisfactory reviews on any product online so finally went ahead and bought the comparatively reputed and popular Star Car Mat brand - Eco model (the 2nd top model out of the 4 versions i guess). Avoided marginally cheaper amazon deals and got it from carmatsindia.com itself. Costed me 3200rs. It is a 3 piece set, with the rear mat in 1 long piece.

Just giving a brief review/idea about the mat for elite i20 owners. I'm not so happy with the product. It's not that bad either so I decided not to go through the hassles of returning it. Will do a DIY job and fix it.

The material of the mat is quite good. My main issue is with the design and fitment. I've attached some pictures so you can see. Luckily I realized that i've been having the original kagu 3D mat in my CR-V so I could do a good comparo (Just the design aspect).

Tough and Stiff bodylines, helps ensure a tight fit
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173124-copy.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173254-copy.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173146-copy.jpg

This was a mat for my earlier model crv (2011) and it had an extension to the right side on the passenger mat, as those who are familiar would know about the centre portion of the older crv. But that had to be cut and reupholstered for our new model. (that is the irregularity on the right of the mat

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173504-copy.jpg

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173354-copy.jpg

As evident from the pics, Kagu mat is proper 3d it has raised edges which ensure a pretty decent boxy fit. but the Star mats only have a small incline all around and it's straight only on the sides and that too because of the lateral pressure from use in the past few days. The rear set (not pictured here) also isn't a snug fit. The compatibility was written as elite i20 but still doesn't fit tight.

Also the foot area silver thing is a little too fancy for my liking.

Driver side
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173819-copy.jpg

The passenger side
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173823-copy.jpg

Bottom velcro
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_173836-copy.jpg

The dead pedal portion design is the worst, it isn't raised enough to accomodate the dead pedal, Dont know how to say, you need to press and adjust that portion - bottom line is, it is not comparable to a kagu mat in design (You pay half, You get only half).

Coming to grip part, it's a compromise I had to make. Even thought the star eco has velcro undersurface, the mat doesn't remain gripped on the floor because I had already done a full pvc matting in my car (inevitable thing I do for my hatchbacks as I use the car to go places where a lot of sand and dirt accompanies the occuppants & creeps to the edges and corner).
So I ordered a 5m velcro roll thinking I could paste the soft side piece of velcro on the floor at certain points so that mat would fix to it. But the mat undersurface and the velcro surface dont grip on well.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20150912_174843-copy.jpg

And finally I've decided to paste one surface of the velcro on the floor and on the corresponding portion on the undersurface of star mat with super glue. The car is out now so will try to do the work tomorrow afternoon. Before that if anyone could help me with a better solution, that'd be great? Will update the rest of the work tomorrow with more pics of the mats inside the i20.

Overall I would give it a 2.5/5 rating. Its not bad as such & final verdict on satisfaction, I will tell tomorrow after I work out my ideas. Anyways I am not going to return it and will use it further - but still not a 'Star' deal
Veelubai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:06   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got this quote online. Is it reliable to proceed with this.?

Attachment 1403247
Dont think you will get exact 3D mats for Santro, its all universal mats advertised as Santro.
Old 17th September 2015, 10:18   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Thanks a lot for this lead.

I'll visit them this weekend. Need to find out if they have a version for Polo/Vento that can accommodate a dead pedal.
Did you manage to visit them - are the mats fitting well to the vento ? I am expecting my vento to be delivered in a week or so, so need to also decide on how to proceed with this.
Old 9th November 2015, 23:23   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Friends,

I was looking for mats for my new rapid. Confused between 3D and 5D mats. What is the difference between them?

I enquired Maxspider Kagu 3D mats at Torque in Indiranagar Bangalore, i was quoted Rs 5850. However when i started checking online i found Coozo 5D mats for Rs 5500 on flipkart (link given below).
http://www.flipkart.com/coozo-5d-sko...07899&srno=b_1

What is the difference between these 2? Can i go for 5D mats from Coozo instead of kagu 3D?

Please help
I also have same question. Does any one have any idea/thoughts on these.
I am planning to get some thing for my Vento
Old 12th November 2015, 19:06   #594
BHPian

Hi Veelubai,
Did you try the velcro fitting on both sides(mat and floor), what is your feedback?
I too have a 3D mat above full PVC matting and it slips a lot. Your feedback will be of good help.
Old 21st November 2015, 12:27   #595

I am trying to find 3D Kagu for my new ford figo. Does anybody know a store in Chennai which sells these ? I am unable to find these online.
Old 11th January 2016, 12:51   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Here are the details and information on their availability in various cities. My Linea has them. They are imported and worth the cost. The details are here.
Attachment 570287Attachment 570288
Thanks Ravi, used the info in the picture to arrange 3D mats for corolla from Oberoi Associates in Ludhiana. For anyone else looking, it is costing me 6500 incl shipping to Chandigarh.
dubstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 18:48   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Did some shopping :-)

1. OEM Skoda plastic boot dish for the Octavia - very well made and looks superb. Cost was 5k.
2. 3D Kagu mats. Cost was 6.4k
Attached Thumbnails
3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160118_165408_resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160118_165423_resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160118_165434_resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160112_132450_resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160112_132505_resized.jpg  

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-20160112_132519_resized.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 11:15   #598
BHPian

I am looking to Buy Black mats for my Passat. Have been using 3D Star Mats which are holding up well but the driver side mat is a problem, Its all over the place.

Came across this:
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sped...h:passat%20mat

Has anyone heard or tried this brand or am I better of buying 3D kagu. Please advice.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:32   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did some shopping :-)

1. OEM Skoda plastic boot dish for the Octavia - very well made and looks superb. Cost was 5k.
2. 3D Kagu mats. Cost was 6.4k
These mats look superb. Can you please tell me where did you source the kagus from?
Also, is the driving side mat a perfect fit? I hope there's no intrusion to the pedals.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 25th January 2016 at 11:33.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:11   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, the mats are a perfect fit and does not impede/intrude at all. Bought from Car Shringar, a BLR accessory dealer. They are good but unsure if they'll ship outstation. Google their numbers and speak to owner Akshay. Very helpful.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks