Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2014, 11:11   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have taken delivery of my Cruze AT this week and I already have a Single channel box for my Swift. Does it make sense to get the box remapped for the Cruze and change the connectors (my dealer is asking for 3500 for the same) or is it worth going for the dual channel box for the Cruze????My dealer says the Auto Cruze has a problem with the dual channel box. I am confused!
I used the single channel RD box on my Cruze for over 15,000kms and then switched to dual channel box and did another 15,000kms. There is definetly a difference and the car feels whole lot quicker with the new box

Iam not aware about the Cruze Auto having a problem with a dual channel box. It's always best to speak to RD directly and get these sort of clarifications

And, yeah if they confirm there wont be any issues. Do get the dual channel for your car
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 22:38   #407
BHPian

can any one clarify,is there a dual channel RD tuning box for 75Bhp swift?, will only dual channel work well with VGT/electronically controlled turbos?
Old 26th October 2014, 14:56   #408
BHPian

I've run my Cruze AT with dual Channel tuning box from RD for the last 45K kms and haven't faced any problem so far. In fact, mine is the first Cruze to get DCTB and the second after XUV 5OO to get it. The mileage that I am getting in the P1 mode is something that no one will believe. For the last 10 K kms I've been consistently getting 23 kmpl on highways at an average speed of 80 kmph and about 18 kmpl in Bangalore city.
narendra_urs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 11:58   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
For the last 10 K kms I've been consistently getting 23 kmpl on highways at an average speed of 80 kmph and about 18 kmpl in Bangalore city.
What is the point of getting a tuning box if you average just 80 Kmph?
Old 27th October 2014, 14:19   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What is the point of getting a tuning box if you average just 80 Kmph?
The reason for getting the Tuning box is two-fold.

1. Better Drive-ability
2. Better Economy

An average of 80 kmph is decent enough to do even 800 - 1000 kms in a day in our road conditions.
narendra_urs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 14:35   #411
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely. Mr. Narendra. This average is unbelievable. The max I got in this trip on p1 with cruise control on at 80 kmph was 14. I am perplexed. My car is running stock sized tires and all fluids as well as filters have been replaced. The car is in perfect mechanical condition. How can 23 be achieved with the same engine and same car and same box, if 14 becomes an uphill task on the highway?
Old 30th October 2014, 10:55   #412
BHPian

The P2 mode is very useful for me even within free moving city traffic (not bumper-bumper crawling traffic). Whenever I am too tired to drive in the city traffic, I just put my Verna in P2. It definitely makes a lot of difference as the car is eager to move forward and reduces the driving fatigue.

However, if frequent braking is involved, this would impact the mileage and to some extent reduce the life of the brake pads.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:50   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikku.dk View Post
can any one clarify,is there a dual channel RD tuning box for 75Bhp swift?, will only dual channel work well with VGT/electronically controlled turbos?
The swift will not support a dual channel box and really doesn't require one from the gains we've seen with the single channel version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
My dealer says the Auto Cruze has a problem with the dual channel box. I am confused!
That is incorrect, there are no problems faced with our boxes and automatic transmissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
I have the rd dieseltronic box on my 320d and i love it! Gained about 35 whp from stock! I wanted to get it on my fortuner automatic also. Anyone have any issues. I heard toyota cars and rd dieseltronic don't go too well.
Glad to hear your experience! On the Innova and Fortuner, Map switching is not on the fly and the boxes require the ignition to be turned off and back on for the map change to take effect. The boxes work well with the cars and we have now extended dual channel compatibility for the fortuner and intercooled versions of the Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Is the tuning box available for the new city , i-DTEC?
Quote:
H
I think they are facing some major troubles in making the tuning boxes for Honda I-Dtec or maybe there is little scope for tuning in this engine.

Since the same i-DTEC engine was used in Amaze too and as far as i know there are no tuning boxes for that either, we should not expect tuning boxes for the city anytime soon.
Single and Dual-channel versions are compatible with the City, Amaze and Mobilio.

While we usually have direct access to new launches which come to our facility direct from the dealership, testing on the amaze/city was delayed as we couldn't get access to them. That was the only major trouble we faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Can anyone share experiences with the RD Offroad for thr Thar? Does the mode "Crawler" actually have the Thar crawling up & down inclines?
Hey RD, how is this achieved without changing gear ratios?
Cheers,
Hi Jayant,

The crawler mode on the off-road version is essentially a revised economy mode - without a significant loss in power. With the crawler mode, torque delivery is extremely linear and in helps limit wheel-spin caused by the turbo kicking in. Additionally, power is higher on P1 and P2 modes.
Racedynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 12:09   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post

Single and Dual-channel versions are compatible with the City, Amaze and Mobilio.

While we usually have direct access to new launches which come to our facility direct from the dealership, testing on the amaze/city was delayed as we couldn't get access to them. That was the only major trouble we faced
Hey , thank you for your response. I have the following questions.

1-How much boost in performance can be expected with the dual channel box?
2-Cost for the same.
3-Where can i get it installed in Delhi?
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:59   #415
BHPian

Just installed this on my Ford fiesta 1.4 TDCI. thought of posting a detailed picture of installation as there is not much detailed help available over blogs on installing any tuning box on rail pressure sensor of ford 1.4 TDCI. the difficult part is locating the rail and senor itself. so here we go after blowing one box while connecting to a wrong sensor, here is the right way .

i have numbered the major items to be removed with tool size so no one has to buy a lot of tools to get it fixed..

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-1.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-2.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-3.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-4.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-5.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-6.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-7.jpg
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-8.jpg

my little tool kit
Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box-9.jpg

just had little test drive , man i just got my fiesta born again! just love it on P2. i just wonder if i will ever try the other 3 !. pass 2000 rpm then the action starts . you never know when it passed the 120 mark !

hope this will keep every one from blowing their tuning boxes while installing
cheers.

Ps. if altering just rail pressure can deliver such difference, what all can we squeeze out with altering cam position ( off course with a duel cam head), air flow and a variable geometry turbo on a 1.4 TDCI. i feel this engine got more potential than famed 1.3 crdi engine.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd January 2015 at 11:26. Reason: 200 rpm > 2000 rpm
toms_2191 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:28   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't the location dicey? Looks pretty close to both the windshield wash tank inlet and next to the battery. How waterproof is the box?
Old 24th November 2014, 13:11   #417
Senior - BHPian

Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
H

I think they are facing some major troubles in making the tuning boxes for Honda I-Dtec or maybe there is little scope for tuning in this engine.

Since the same i-DTEC engine was used in Amaze too and as far as i know there are no tuning boxes for that either, we should not expect tuning boxes for the city anytime soon.

I had received calls from RD offering me an "introductory " price in return for using my Amaze as a test mule. But I wasn't interested. Now even after 31K kms I don't think I would be intersted

I strongly believe , the diesel amaze doesn't need a tuning box at all. Driveability , turbo lag , FE have never been an issue. I don't see any Idtec owner complaining about the engine.

My only grouse with the amaze engine has been the 145 kph true speed.

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th November 2014 at 13:12.
Old 27th November 2014, 10:05   #418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
There are no problems faced with our boxes.
Hi RD.

I have the 2014 Beat D done 6000 on ODO.
I'm more interested in the smooth engine and linear performance that the ECU promises.

And yes, FE is of paramount importance.

My daily running is 110 Kms (5 days a week) on the highway and I coast at around 90-100 Kph.
I'm already getting the manufacturer promised 25.0-25.5 Kpl.

Do you think there can be any further improvements in the FE with the box?

Even a 20% increase in FE would be worth a look at the DieselTronic.

Also, can someone assist me over the phone to help me install it?
Thanks
Mahesh
Old 5th December 2014, 16:39   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr8ctzn View Post
Hello BHPians, would be great to hear from anyones experience of dieseltronics on Xylo or if anyone could advice, would be thankful.

Trying to see if there is anyway i could optimize fuel consumption by having this installed. Would be great to know of any side affects or ill effects of the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepak
I finally got a dieseltronic box installed in my Xylo, although I didn't find any experiences of teambhpians on xylo.

Its been a month now since i have it in Xylo. And the experience has been good.

I use it P1 mode 95% of times. In city, while the power is higher than stock, mileage too has increased by about 10-15%. Originally i used to get around 10-10.5kmpl, Now i get around 11.5 to 12%.

But here is what i found impressive: I had been on a drive to Yercaud from Bangalore. The mileage between Bangalore to Salem was whopping 19kmpl vs my previous best of around 15-16kmpl. The trip averaged a mileage of around 16kmpl having encountered a mix of highway and hairpin bends.

Ofcourse, despite of great highways, i am a steady driver with speeds mostly around 90kmph occassionally hitting 100kmph.

Need to see how this fares over a period of time.

But thought i would share my initial experiences of dieseltronic on xylo as i hadnt seen any on the forum.

Regards,
Deepak
dgr8ctzn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 12:00   #420
BHPian

I got the RD DieseltTronic fixed on my Figo TDCI and tested it on my way back from Bangalore.

I tried the P2 mode throughout, The car has some surge to move forward once it enters into the turbo zone, and the surge remains throughout till a little above 3k RPM.
I didn't find much difference in low end. This is just my preliminary feedback and it is too early to comment on, will post my feedback after some fair usage.

Is there any restrictions to use p2 mode? I mean Can i run it on p2 all the time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks