Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 15:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
The engine cover does not need to be removed on the Manza to install DieselTRONIC.

Yes, it is extremely simple to install/uninstall. You should ensure the car is switched off and the keys are out of the ignition.

Yes, it will help low speed drivability >1700rpm.

DieselTRONIC will increase low end power and response; as long you are in the right gear/rpm you will see much better drivability in these conditions. .

Have taken a plunge yesterday evening . Got it installed at Wheels Car Customs- Andehri - Mumbai.

Currently on trial with p1 mode sofar.

Will come back with more inputs to share later on.

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th September 2013 at 10:50. Reason: Dont quote an entire post for a short reply
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 10:54   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

RD, I have completed about 10,000kms with the RD Box and first and foremost, thank you for this product. It is simply WOW, i can never go back to driving a stock car after getting addicted to what RD box can do.

Have had zero issues with the box or the car till date (except for the one that iam about to highlight below)

Offlate, i get comments from people that when i give it the gas, there is a lot of smoke coming out of the exhuast despite the car getting fully serviced just 1000kms ago. While, i am blissfully enjoying the performance inside, it does get little embarassing to get such questions.

Iam quite certain it would be due to the RD Box, Could you please throw some light on this issue and how i can reduce or eliminate this smoking issue?

P.S: Anyone else facing similar issue?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 12:00   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
RD, I have completed about 10,000kms with the RD Box and first and foremost, thank you for this product. It is simply WOW, i can never go back to driving a stock car after getting addicted to what RD box can do.

Have had zero issues with the box or the car till date (except for the one that iam about to highlight below)

Offlate, i get comments from people that when i give it the gas, there is a lot of smoke coming out of the exhuast despite the car getting fully serviced just 1000kms ago. While, i am blissfully enjoying the performance inside, it does get little embarassing to get such questions.

Iam quite certain it would be due to the RD Box, Could you please throw some light on this issue and how i can reduce or eliminate this smoking issue?

This is an issue that's common to many tuning boxes as they increase the fueling without corresponding increase in air intake. As per my little understanding, when you stomp down the gas pedal, additional fuel is injected into the engine and if the engine can't burn it effectively, it's let out in the form of black smoke.

This is another reason as to why a remap is more effective than a tuning box as it is said to offer more control over the fuel injected into the engine through the manipulation of a wider range of inputs.

Meanwhile, accumulation of soot could also result in black smoke. Many experienced diesel car owners note that one needs to periodically run a diesel engine at high engine speeds to eliminate the soot accumulated in the exhaust. So, that's another possible factor to consider if the tuning box is not to blame. Why not check the smoking issue with the RD box in stock (S)?

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 12:05   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Glad to hear

Quote:

On sudden bursts of hard acceleration, you will see increased emission of black smoke - this is all the carbon particles that have settled in the exhaust during regular driving being blown out. This can be seen without the box or in stock mode as well. You can check this by switching to stock mode and free-revving the car; on the first few revs you will see increased smoke post which it will reduce significantly.

The box doesn't increase smoke levels and during sustained hard acceleration, you shouldn't see any increase in black smoke emission over stock. Keep in mind, the stock ecu has smoke limiting maps which DieselTRONIC doesn't not override.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
This is an issue that's common to many tuning boxes as they increase the fueling without corresponding increase in air intake. As per my little understanding, when you stomp down the gas pedal, additional fuel is injected into the engine and if the engine can't burn it effectively, it's let out in the form of black smoke.

This is another reason as to why a remap is more effective than a tuning box as it is said to offer more control over the fuel injected into the engine through the manipulation of a wider range of inputs.
The box in question here controls boost pressure as well, and fueling is digitally controlled for load and rpm.

Quote:
Meanwhile, accumulation of soot could also result in black smoke. Many experienced diesel car owners note that one needs to periodically run a diesel engine at high engine speeds to eliminate the soot accumulated in the exhaust.
Spot on!

Last edited by Racedynamics : 27th September 2013 at 12:10.
Racedynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 12:16   #290
Mik
BHPian

@RaceDynamics : I have recently purchased the DieselTronic box through snapdeal. Though I am yet to receive it, I do have feedback that installing it on the Figo is not easy. Would your Delhi dealers (listed on the site) be willing to do the same and if yes, any charges for that ?

Regards
Old 27th September 2013, 12:45   #291
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
@RaceDynamics : I have recently purchased the DieselTronic box through snapdeal. Though I am yet to receive it, I do have feedback that installing it on the Figo is not easy. Would your Delhi dealers (listed on the site) be willing to do the same and if yes, any charges for that ?
Regards
The offer in question was not put forward officially by us and is in the process of being taken down with this being one of the reasons - the price mentioned does not include installation or complete technical assistance. Installation on the Figo is not straightforward at all and had you consulted us, we would have strongly recommend that you go through an official dealer for this car in particular. That said, you can contact our dealers in Delhi and they should be able to assist you.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 27th September 2013 at 12:47.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 13:53   #292
BHPian

Quote:

Yes sir . in my 1 day of experience with the box (mostly p1 mode) i can say for sure that
while it surely feels nice inside ,it is more smoky than normal on the outisde.
1)Black smoke under slight hard acceleration has increased.
Black smoke used to be there even in stock manza (in my case) but that was under was under very hard acceleration .
Whereas in p1 mode now the same black smoke can be seen in ORVM even under slight hard acceleration also.

However i feel i will slowly fall in love with the p1 mode especially on those highway drives. The box really helps to climb out of the lag zone quickly.
Somehow for me while on my way to office(regular city traffic - mumbai b2b type- 15 kms each side)i think will prefer the stock mode or the E mode(yet to try) .

Quote:
The offer in question was not put forward officially by us and is in the process of being taken down with this being one of the reasons - the price mentioned does not include installation or complete technical assistance. Installation on the Figo is not straightforward at all and had you consulted us, we would have strongly recommend that you go through an official dealer for this car in particular. That said, you can contact our dealers in Delhi and they should be able to assist you.
To be honest i was also too tempted to buy it from snapdeal (just rs 17082/- ).
Somehow the mind kept telling me to buy it from there , somehow i managed to stop myself and installed it from my regular source (Wheels Car Customs - Andheri Mumbai) . While confirming the order on phone i mentioned them about the offer from Snapdeal (10% off) and the Honest chap even advised me to buy it from snapdeal and that he will install it for me free of cost. But still went ahead and purchased it from him looking at long term support issues.

Last edited by Zappo : 27th September 2013 at 14:12. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 14:58   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
1)Black smoke under slight hard acceleration has increased.
Black smoke used to be there even in stock manza (in my case) but that was under was under very hard acceleration .
Whereas in p1 mode now the same black smoke can be seen in ORVM even under slight hard acceleration also.
Have the air filter cleaned - it should significantly reduce smoke emissions. Post that if you still feel its on the higher side compared to stock; under sustained acceleration, let us know.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:09   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Have the air filter cleaned - it should significantly reduce smoke emissions. Post that if you still feel its on the higher side compared to stock; under sustained acceleration, let us know.
Incidentally i was running on piper cross air filter in my Manza (exactly the same which fits in Punto/linea) . For some reason i removed the pipercross and refitted the stock air filter back around 10 days ago. This means my last 2 days experience with the RD box is on a stock air filter (not the piper cross)
Still would like to mention that the stock air filter now which is in question here has hardly been used & was lying in the boot for a long period (4-5 months) since the car was running on the pipercross till 10 days ago. This stock Air filter (the one running now)looks quite clean and new atleast visibly. Dont know if the prolonged storage in the boot has hampered it's air flow parameters

I will switchback to Pipercross this sunday and give you more feedback after that.

Thanks.

Last edited by madhu33 : 27th September 2013 at 15:11.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:18   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Incidentally i was running on piper cross air filter in my Manza (exactly the same which fits in Punto/linea) . For some reason i removed the pipercross and refitted the stock air filter back around 10 days ago. This means my last 2 days experience with the RD box is on a stock air filter (not the piper cross)
Still would like to mention that the stock air filter now which is in question here has hardly been used & was lying in the boot for a long period (4-5 months) since the car was running on the pipercross till 10 days ago. This stock Air filter (the one running now)looks quite clean and new atleast visibly. Dont know if the prolonged storage in the boot has hampered it's air flow parameters

I will switchback to Pipercross this sunday and give you more feedback after that.

Thanks.
Congrats on the tuning box, I am sure now everytime you tap the accelerator it brings a smile to your face.

In fact I would like thank RD for bringing me into the small time performance mods to family sedans circle. Though I have moved onto a remap, I thoroughly enjoyed when the tuning box was there.

About the pipercross, could give me details over PM, basically cost and what difference you noticed vis-a-vis the stock filter.

Last edited by motomaverick : 27th September 2013 at 15:20.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 16:19   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, accumulation of soot could also result in black smoke. Many experienced diesel car owners note that one needs to periodically run a diesel engine at high engine speeds to eliminate the soot accumulated in the exhaust. So, that's another possible factor to consider if the tuning box is not to blame. Why not check the smoking issue with the RD box in stock (S)
Well, Iam totally aware about the technicals of the product and what it does to the car and btw, iam runinng on a dual channel RD which controls not just the fuel pressure but, also the boost control.

Having said that, Iam not new to tuning boxes, I used Pete's box on my Viva CRDi for about 40,000kms and had similar problems even then with the box.

Hard accelaration the smoke can be visible in the RVM and then I even had a green cotton air filter. But, no help

I cannot buy the reason of soot accumalation which i presume can be cleaned only by Decarbonization? Correct?

Soot accumlation happens in every car but, the levels of smoke is negligible even under hard accelaration so why in my car? Naturally due to higher inflow of fuel to give that sudden burst of speed

Quote:
On sudden bursts of hard acceleration, you will see increased emission of black smoke - this is all the carbon particles that have settled in the exhaust during regular driving being blown out. This can be seen without the box or in stock mode as well. You can check this by switching to stock mode and free-revving the car; on the first few revs you will see increased smoke post which it will reduce significantly.

The box doesn't increase smoke levels and during sustained hard acceleration, you shouldn't see any increase in black smoke emission over stock. Keep in mind, the stock ecu has smoke limiting maps which DieselTRONIC doesn't not override.
Well, Iam sorry to say before posting I should have tested the car in S mode as well but, i hate pressing that button.....Will check it in stock mode as well and report back.

Cruze normally emits smoke even under medium accelaration ( I observed this when following other cars) but, mine is apparently a lot and someone even commented its a bit unnatural. Hence, iam little worried
Old 27th September 2013, 16:39   #297
BANNED

Quote:
I cannot buy the reason of soot accumalation which i presume can be cleaned only by Decarbonization? Correct?

Soot accumlation happens in every car but, the levels of smoke is negligible even under hard accelaration so why in my car? Naturally due to higher inflow of fuel to give that sudden burst of speed

Cruze normally emits smoke even under medium accelaration ( I observed this when following other cars) but, mine is apparently a lot and someone even commented its a bit unnatural. Hence, iam little worried
Any soot accumulation specifically in the exhaust is normally cleared up the first time you throttle hard which is when you see plenty of black smoke, in subsequent hard acceleration immediately post this, you will see not see excess smoke. Do try this is stock and P1 modes and differences( If any) will become very evident.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 27th September 2013 at 16:40.
Old 29th September 2013, 19:21   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to ask when i contacted RD people last time to enquire about Dual channel for Duster i heard you people saying they are looking into it. Now can I know whether its available for Duster 85bhp is it an plug and play and if so can i buy through Snapdeal.

Do i need to change the airfilter too for engine to breathe easy? How much can the bhp be increased effectively? thanks in advance.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 29th September 2013 at 19:24.
Old 29th September 2013, 21:45   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I would like to ask when i contacted RD people last time to enquire about Dual channel for Duster i heard you people saying they are looking into it. Now can I know whether its available for Duster 85bhp is it an plug and play and if so can i buy through Snapdeal.
Hi, the Dual Channel version is not available for the Duster. We currently only support the Duster with the single channel version of DieselTRONIC and yes - it is plug and play.

You can further increase performance by upgrading your air filter to a less restrictive one.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 11:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Another update.

You can just putter around at 40-45kmph in 4th gear without issues. You wont feel the turbo lag; power there to move the ship when needed. Pretty useful when you are lazy and in town.

JK Sir, faced any problems so far (smoke, over heating etc)?
I contacted Jerry's by email for buying one for my Dicor. They mentioned about fitting the box for a distinguished BHPian (and I know who that is ) I will be ordering the box from them by December 2013 end and intend to install it myself when I am back in kerala. Can you help me with the installation pictures you may have? Or just a snap shot of the engine bay showing the connections?

Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks