Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 11:56   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,

Can anyone guide on how good are Nighteye LED's.

I want to change the head light halogens in my TUV300 to LED's. Have seen some reviews on Youtube about Nighteye LED but still have doubts.

If anyone has changed headlights in TUV to LED's pls share your insights.

Thanks.
I have the Nighteye LEDs on my Triumph Street Triple motorcycle. I am currently running it on one side only, the other sided is a halogen bulb. For the LED side, the low beam output is pretty good but there is no proper cutoff. The high beam is just a taller low beam and is not focussed at all.

For the bike that I have, the Nighteye LEDs are the best bet for the shape of the reflector and output. Several other Triumph owners are running with Nighteye LEDs in both headlights and they are very happy.

I would suggest that you try and find TUV 300 owners from the Facebook group or Whatsapp group who have Nighteye LEDs installed. For all you know, Nighteyes may not be a good bet for the reflectors of the TUV but some other brand might be.
Old 10th June 2021, 22:45   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Nighteyes are not good enough for headlights. They are low output led lights suitable generally only for fog lights.
For headlights you need high output led lights (with fan). The Osram Led headlight bulbs are pretty good, but they are Cool White.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08L8W7GBZ/...164FW28N34DN50
Have you tried the Osram ones? how does the beam pattern form. Pricing wise it seems good since high quality brand vs. the chinese options. Philips i find overpriced.
Old 5th July 2021, 13:14   #333

Any options for led headlights in H4 base with a colour temperature of 4300k, AliExpress is closed now, bangood doesn't have many options.. stockists in india seem to be hosting only 6000k colour temperature ones..
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:02   #334
BHPian

All,

Can you please suggest a good LED lighting (white) configuration to replace the stock projector lamps in a new SKODA Rapid? Should we get separate bulbs for high beam and low beam?

Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 16:47   #335
Senior - BHPian

Folks please advise me on what headlamp upgrades I can make to my 2004 WagonR. Mom finds the stock lighting inadequate and I felt like since aftermarket lighting technology has advanced nearly two decades, there ought to be a simple yet effective solution out there. Unfortunately I have no experience in understanding which lights behave well in reflector setups, whether I ideally ought to get projectors, which projectors are suited to LEDs etc. Advise from more experienced members will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2021, 17:18   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Folks please advise me on what headlamp upgrades I can make to my 2004 WagonR. Mom finds the stock lighting inadequate and I felt like since aftermarket lighting technology has advanced nearly two decades, there ought to be a simple yet effective solution out there. Unfortunately I have no experience in understanding which lights behave well in reflector setups, whether I ideally ought to get projectors, which projectors are suited to LEDs etc. Advise from more experienced members will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
The simple and most effective upgrade would be adding 100/90W bulbs along with a pair of relays. That lights up the road ahead and sufficient for highway drives.

Before that, since you mentioned 2004 WagonR, can you check the state of the current bulbs? If they're old/fogged, then a new pair of 60/55 stock bulbs might be enough regular city use.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:29   #337
BHPian

Can I change my stock fog lamp bulbs on Baleno to LED? I find the headlight is not adequate when it rains. I read somewhere that LED bulbs should not be used for reflectors that are designed for halogen bulbs.

Any recommendations for wattage and will this fit / suitable?

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-philips.png

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Q7NR55H/...EZEI09BI&psc=1
Old 26th August 2021, 18:02   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Can I change my stock fog lamp bulbs on Baleno to LED? I find the headlight is not adequate when it rains. I read somewhere that LED bulbs should not be used for reflectors that are designed for halogen bulbs.
Your headlamp is perhaps inadequate, an upgrade with suitable projector retrofit , designed specifically for either LED \ HID should be able to fix the problem.

LED replacement bulbs are rather useless inside a halogen reflector housing, people do it anyways.
Old 26th August 2021, 18:08   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Your headlamp is perhaps inadequate, an upgrade with suitable projector retrofit , designed specifically for either LED \ HID should be able to fix the problem.

LED replacement bulbs are rather useless inside a halogen reflector housing, people do it anyways.
My car's headlights are HID and not halogen. Do you suggest any bulb upgrade for this setup ?

Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades-projector1.jpg

It is the fog lamp bulb which I wants to change or shall I go for LED bar something like this.

https://www.amazon.in/PRIKNIK-Drivin...9981304&sr=8-9
Old 26th August 2021, 20:44   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The simple and most effective upgrade would be adding 100/90W bulbs along with a pair of relays. That lights up the road ahead and sufficient for highway drives.
Did run on these for a while but I'm looking for a more comprehensive lighting upgrade.

I am basically looking for the best if not close to the best possible solution out there.
Old 26th August 2021, 20:53   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Did run on these for a while but I'm looking for a more comprehensive lighting upgrade.

I am basically looking for the best if not close to the best possible solution out there.
Then the best way would be to install a hid with projector fog lamp. Choose 4300k colour temp. Should cost you around 6.5 K max. You can look for seller Blaze India. This will be the best upgrade. Leds are mostly bling factor, may work well in city road on normal condition but useless in rain, fog.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:39   #342
BANNED

Quote:
Folks please advise me on what headlamp upgrades I can make to my 2004 WagonR. Mom finds the stock lighting inadequate and I felt like since aftermarket lighting technology has advanced nearly two decades, there ought to be a simple yet effective solution out there.
LED's in reflector setup will be even poor in terms of light output. Please avoid that route as it will do more harm than good both in terms of light output and glare for the oncoming road users.

For best results get 100/90W with a relay in the headlights and replace the OEM fog lamps with HID projectors (₹6000-₹7500). I can't think of any other way to improve the lighting setup.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 00:18   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
My car's headlights are HID and not halogen. Do you suggest any bulb upgrade for this setup ?
HID already in the headlamp means best to leave that bit alone.
You could add a projector set up where the fog lamp is currently but you would lose the fog lamp in the process. Hope you have tried moving the headlamp leveler to 3/4 during the rain to move the beam closer to the front of the vehicle. That is a work around.

Avoid light bars, they are flood lighting , will cause unwanted attention on the road.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 09:09   #344
BHPian

Cross posting my query from another topic here. Incase of any errors please correct

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5131725 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Looking forward to update the headlights. The total budget I am looking at is around 10000/- (preferably branded ones).

Safari storme has low beam in projectors and high beam in reflectors. I would prefer a near whitish output. I did go through all the pages in this topic and came to a conclusion to keep the range in 4000K to 5000K.
Also would like to upgrade the fog lamps which are H3.
So what would be the options that I can have. Would prefer plug and play options since I am based out of a location with limited help.
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:06   #345
BHPian

I’m my Harrier XZA+ the stock light is HID projector , but find it insufficient for night driving on roads without street lights. Kindly let me know what are my options to increase the throw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks