Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 07:53   #736
KRN
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post

In selecting the art leather seat covers, would suggest you look at the following parameters as I use them for selecting my seat covers

a) The quality of material. Leather is better than PU is better than PVC but cost wise it is the other way. The blends are good as well. Lower the quality, the smell will be bad when the car is parked in summers. my personal choice would be leather > leather for contact areas only > PU > PU-PVC blend > PVC

On the branded ones, autoform (my earlier car, few of my friends cars ,dolphin (my friends cars) , gsport are standard but I prefer the newer ones from Bangalore i.e. top gear (on my friends car), tatoo on my car) , art skin (on my friends car) over autoform and g-sport but that is just me.

Kindly check the bangalore directory for excellent options. The most VFM seat covers fitting most of the parameter listed above seems to be the below as per fellow bhpians review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html.
Stumbled upon your excellent post when I was researching seat cover options for my new Honda City. I was thinking of going to Jeewajee on Chamiers road for this. Any other good dealers who can do a professional install?

I am totally confused on the options available, but thinking of going for skin fit and material choice as perforated Leather or PU. Will this be a good choice in Chennai summer?
Old 4th February 2015, 11:33   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Stumbled upon your excellent post when I was researching seat cover options for my new Honda City. I was thinking of going to Jeewajee on Chamiers road for this. Any other good dealers who can do a professional install?

I am totally confused on the options available, but thinking of going for skin fit and material choice as perforated Leather or PU. Will this be a good choice in Chennai summer?
You may call me biased but haven't seen anybody better in Chennai than Jewajee Chamiers road in fitting art leather seat covers except perhaps Stanley for their OE fit or Ovion people coming in from Bangalore.

As for the choice of the material, it depends on various factors

a) Fabric is the best when it comes to handling summers but maintenance is an issue in a dusty environment or if you have kids who soil it.

b) If you don't want fabric, next choice is pure leather if you can afford it and nothing like it. Heat handling is next best to fabric but looks it beats everything.

c) If you can't afford pure leather next in line is leather for contact areas and PU elsewhere

d) If the above is expensive, stick with PU and perforations in contact area

e) Avoid cheap PVC options as they can be smelly

I have used Autoform and Tatoo in extreme heat. They don't smell at all even in summer. Would rate tatoo better than autoform. Heat wise, it is pretty much manageable if you drive with a/c on and ensure that you let the windows open for a few minutes to let the hot air out. In case the heats becomes high, you can go for the plastic or bamboo beads on top of the seat.

Talk to Mohammed in Jewajee and he should be able to guide you based on budget. He is a bit expensive than other shops (upto 1K more) but I would definitely spend the extra money for the right advice and peace of mind.
Old 12th June 2015, 15:32   #738
BHPian

I am planning to go for the seat covers for my Honda Civic. Any suggestions about a good installer here in Hyderabad for leather as well as art-leather?
Old 17th June 2015, 11:23   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I am planning to go for the seat covers for my Honda Civic. Any suggestions about a good installer here in Hyderabad for leather as well as art-leather?
I'm also looking for art leather seat covers for my civic. Any suggestions in delhi, preferably south Delhi?
Old 17th June 2015, 22:05   #740
BHPian

Hi civic-dk, Art leather or pu leather has its own pros and cons. The good reasons people go for it are less expensive, good looking, easy to clean. And the bad thing is it becomes very hot in summer and sometimes you might experience mild smell from it when it is too hot.
From that point of view I prefer fabric seat cover which is competitively more comfortable. Only negative side is it gets dirty very easily hence requires periodical cleaning. I have not much experience with pure leather seat covers so no comments for that.
Old 29th June 2015, 17:04   #741
BHPian

Re: Art Leather Seat Covers - ORCHIS Mumbai

I have just given my car to get my seats done.

Swift first model.

ART Leather Seat Covers - Rs. 8750/-
Original Leather Steering Wheel - Rs 2000/-
Gear Knob - Rs. 750/-

These are my current seat-covers which are decorated artistically by my kids , need to change these immediately. Will post the new seats tomorrow as soon as I get the delivery, due to lot of cars they could not do my car today.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-swift.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-swift-2.jpg  

Old 30th June 2015, 16:31   #742
BHPian

And here are the pics of the new seats.

To my surprise as soon as I told him that I had come via TEAM BHP reading user reviews here, he gave me a flat 10% discount on the total and included the arm rest cover in the package without extra cost and requested me to put a good word about his services.

Well here it goes, "I am a happy customer with total satisfaction for my beloved car, and I would happily and whole heartedly recommend Orchis, to our fellow Team Bhpians who want to have quality seat covers"

So the total cost which was Rs. 11500/- now became rounded to Rs. 10,000/- making me more happier.

To be honest they are a little bit expensive than the regular seat people but in my opinion the product and fit and finish is topnotch. I chose black and gray over cream colour as I have naughty kids (who are yet to understand that terrorism is a bad thing ) and cream colour tends to look dull after a while.

Seat Covers - ART Leather
Steering, Arm Rest, Gear Knob - Pure Leather.

Here goes the pic set.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-unnamed.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image1.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image4.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image5.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image2.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-image3.jpg  

Old 13th July 2015, 14:31   #743
BHPian

This may be a stupid question, but are art leather and leatherette the same thing? Or are they different?

I am looking for seat covers for my City, any suggestions regarding colour, material and finish?
Also any good places in Delhi NCR?

Last edited by Aaron:) : 13th July 2015 at 14:38.
Old 8th August 2015, 17:34   #744

Got a set of art leather covers from Jeewajee car Decor for my Elite i20. The total cost was INR 7500. Was almost buying the safe black and beige combination but ended up with a tad sportier black and red
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-image.jpg  

Old 11th September 2015, 14:54   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
And here are the pics of the new seats.

Hi,

The seat covers looks awesome, i need to get the seat cover for my Wagon R, can you please share the number/address where you got the seat covers, Thanks,

Last edited by dsnaveen21 : 11th September 2015 at 14:57. Reason: missed address part
Old 11th September 2015, 16:11   #746
BHPian

I would appreciate pointers to a reliable car accessories shop in the north-west/south-west region of Hyderabad (Gachibowli - Lingampally - Kukatpally). The main item would be artificial leather seat covers. Also would appreciate pointers on brands of artificial leather seat covers.
Old 11th September 2015, 17:54   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Hi,

The seat covers looks awesome, i need to get the seat cover for my Wagon R, can you please share the number/address where you got the seat covers, Thanks,
Orchis Seat Covers - Very near to Hiranandani Hospital, its inside an industrial bulding compound Kailash Vaibhav Complex.

Here is their website link, Orchis

Don't forget to tell them you came from Team-Bhp and you will get a good discount.
Old 11th October 2015, 21:34   #748
Senior - BHPian

Is there anybody who can make the seat cover with given dimensions and I can have it shipped to US?

Due to my back needs, I have something specific I like on my car right now but the quality is poor and it's falling apart, and I can't find a better version anywhere.

I am hoping some installer in this forum can respond to this. I can send the dimensions and requirements over email.

this is what I have (in PU).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261822500088

Art Leather Seat Covers-seatcover.jpg
Old 9th January 2016, 18:13   #749
BHPian

To all folks reading this article. I have been to Orchis to take an quote for my ertiga. With the permission of one of their employee I took a sample of their top of the line Art leather which they call Marigold. The observation is as:

There is nothing Italian about the Art Leather products. Its Manufactured by the Jindals i.e.made in India. The cost is rs 200 per metre here in Kurla. For my ertiga they quoted Rs 15000. You need 10 metres for ertiga and a good seat cover maker will charge you anything between 2500-3000 for stitching. Hence the total cost would be rs 5000 max with fitting. The material is rexine with cotton lining. Another Material which is better than this and gives the look of leather cost 400 per metre.

If any one needs help regarding this please feel free to contact me.
fuzail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 18:27   #750
BHPian

Anyone aware of some good shop/dealer for seat cover for my Fluidic Verna in Guwahati/Tezpur area in Assam?

I am tired of searching but yet to find something good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks