Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 15:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts

HI,

Does anyone know where I can get the alert disabled for the Range Rover Velar? I checked with Akshay at Redline Autohaus but he can't do on JLR cars.

I don't mind the alert however the 80kmph alert comes up each time you decrease your speed below 80 and again come up to 80. It is very irritating and loud and repetitive specially most of the traffic on highway drives around 80-100.

Any help would be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0403 View Post
Does anyone know approximately how much I should be paying to get these alerts disabled on my merc, spoke to a notable workshop who gave me a quote of 22k for disabling it. Found it to be a bit on the higher side, however, I wouldn't call myself well-versed in this realm, please do chime in on what would be a reasonable price to pay for such a service.

Another topic on which I require some guidance is the warranty aspect of this modification. The workshop I spoke to claimed the warranty remains intact after the process as they use Mercedes' authorized equipment, should these claims be taken with a pinch of salt or is it indeed possible to get it done without having to void the warranty, as I am not too comfortable getting rid of the warranty on a 10 month-old car.

Depends on your model, My friend got his cars alert disabled from Redline AutoHaus at around the same price you are being quoted, his was the New Gen S class hence the price. For old models prices are lower.

Last edited by Y@SH : 22nd December 2022 at 15:10.
Old 17th January 2023, 15:23   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
2022 Hyundai Tucson GLS CRDI. Removed it via a custom software I have. Removed it for a couple of other Tucson owners too. 2 minute job. Should work for other Hyundai’s too.

All the other alarms/beeps are intact.
How could I get in touch with you to see if this works for an Alcazar?
Old 1st February 2023, 00:15   #198
BHPian

I’m seeing a lot of posts by BHPians getting quoted 12k, 18k, 22k to simply get the speed chimes disabled. In my opinion the dealer or workshop is quoting a ridiculous sum for a simple task with involves either disabling the dash speaker or using VCDS to code. So please avoid these workshops. They are just preying on your ability to pay that kind of money.
For vag cars, it’s easy to remove with the Ross-Tech software. If any of your friends come from the US, tell them to buy it for you. It costs 18K and can be used for 3 VIN’s. So if you split between friends it’s effectively 6k per person for any number of modifications. Don’t be scammed by these workshops. They are just going to use the OBD devices that they use for regular repair and maintenance. It doesn’t cost them a rupee.
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 09:51   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
I’m seeing a lot of posts by BHPians getting quoted 12k, 18k, 22k to simply get the speed chimes disabled. In my opinion the dealer or workshop is quoting a ridiculous sum for a simple task with involves either disabling the dash speaker or using VCDS to code. So please avoid these workshops. They are just preying on your ability to pay that kind of money.
For vag cars, it’s easy to remove with the Ross-Tech software. If any of your friends come from the US, tell them to buy it for you. It costs 18K and can be used for 3 VIN’s. So if you split between friends it’s effectively 6k per person for any number of modifications. Don’t be scammed by these workshops. They are just going to use the OBD devices that they use for regular repair and maintenance. It doesn’t cost them a rupee.
I agree with your view (I have paid 10k myself for this service) but I think the issue is more with people not wanting to take a risk when making these modifications. If something goes wrong, then the cost will be much higher than the 10-15k being paid to a person who might not be a professional but has done this multiple times in the past.
Old 1st February 2023, 12:11   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I agree with your view (I have paid 10k myself for this service) but I think the issue is more with people not wanting to take a risk when making these modifications. If something goes wrong, then the cost will be much higher than the 10-15k being paid to a person who might not be a professional but has done this multiple times in the past.
There are plenty of YouTube videos that explain how to do it especially for the Ross tech VCDS. It’s as simple as just getting the device, plugging it in the OBD port and a computer and making one simple change with the provided software. There is absolutely nothing that can go wrong in this process. Link -
true_sedan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 03:07   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Does anyone know a good tuner to disable 80/120 kmph speed warning in Coimbatore? I recently bought a Superb L&K and the sound is too irritating
Hey Harshavarshan,
I just got my 80/120 speed chime removed in Coimbatore at a very reasonable rate. You can contact him on 9994015919. He did it for my friend in Bangalore and Mumbai. He also added hidden features to the car as well, seemed knowledgeable you can contact him.
Rish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 21:46   #202
BHPian

Just got my 120/80 chimes removed on my Volkswagen Taigun 1.5. The chime was excessively loud post 125 (120-124 is a wee bit softer) and was driving me to distraction!

VAGMASTER in Velachery, Chennai did it in 5 minutes and for Rs 2000. They are really good, and I am going to be posting about them shortly.

Vagmaster
095515 01010
https://g.co/kgs/x9VFFy
thirdmainroad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 09:01   #203
BHPian

Anyone managed to remove it from Honda city?
Old 12th March 2023, 09:59   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
Anyone managed to remove it from Honda city?
I know many friends who have removed the speed chimes in their Honda city. Can be done easily.

I’ve just picked up an OBDEleven device. If anyone in Chennai needs chimes out, will be happy to help! But note OBDEleven seems to work only on VAG cars!

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 12th March 2023 at 10:01.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 10:59   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
I know many friends who have removed the speed chimes in their Honda city. Can be done easily.
Can you please help me with the info on how it was done?
By the dealer or by using some third party scanners?
Siddj38 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:34   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
Can you please help me with the info on how it was done?
By the dealer or by using some third party scanners?
Some dealers do do it, but most won't. The chimes are removed using an OBD2 device that fits in your car and using a software module that allows you to do many things. It is 3rd party.

Getting rid of the chimes does not mess with your warranty, as there is no rewiring or any playing with wires.

In some earlier posts, someone has mentioned that a dealer got rid of the chimes for them, but then every chime - seat belt, parking brake on - disappeared. What they have done there is removing the connection to the internal speaker that makes the chimes - this is the wrong way to do it. The correct way to do it is by using an OBD2 device.
thirdmainroad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 23:46   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Hi Axe77
I am currently coming back from a trip to Gir National park and yes the beep is little irritating.
Have done almost 3k kms now. So after 1st service i am thinking of removing the beeps.
Will update you on the same.
Here is the contact for eTuners +91 8464-044455
Hi Viky,
Did you get the job done ? I also want to get it removed and Code 6 guys are quoting ridiculous prices.
knightfurry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 18:20   #208
BHPian

What kind of solution would work on an IONIQ 5? I'd like to remove the 120kmph beep or at the very least, reduce its volume. It's super loud right now, can barely listen to my music.
Old 8th June 2023, 20:40   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarit26 View Post
How could I get in touch with you to see if this works for an Alcazar?
Were you able to proceed for your Alcazar?
Old 26th July 2023, 02:48   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
This can be done with the OBDeleven. There are a range of features that can be activated and dectivated.
Hi Sir, Just received my OBDEleven Device. Could you please guide how to remove speed alarms with the device?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks