Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 17:20   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Code 6 as well as eTuners said s/w fix is available for Jeep Meridian. Etuners will do it for 10k. No other warnings will be affected.
Hey Viky.

Did you finally proceed with either of them? Any reference for ETuners? I spoke to Code 6 Pune already and they did quote 18k to me too. A bit rich but having done a few highway drives now its really annoying if you want to drive without any music when fellow passengers are resting.

Thanks
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 17:20   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Guys today Code 6 from Pune has informed me that they can disable 80/120 beeps in Jeep Meridian via s/w.
Costing is pretty high though. He has quoted 18k for the same and time required around 2hours.
Anyone else has experience with Code 6 or other tuner who can delete 80/120 chime via s/w?
18K for disabling the warnings! Wow. A few years ago, one could do stage1 remaps for that kind of price. The price quoted is too high - they could reduce the prices and sell more since there will be takers for sure.
clevermax is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:58   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hey Viky.

Did you finally proceed with either of them? Any reference for ETuners? I spoke to Code 6 Pune already and they did quote 18k to me too. A bit rich but having done a few highway drives now its really annoying if you want to drive without any music when fellow passengers are resting.

Thanks
Hi Axe77
I am currently coming back from a trip to Gir National park and yes the beep is little irritating.
Have done almost 3k kms now. So after 1st service i am thinking of removing the beeps.
Will update you on the same.
Here is the contact for eTuners +91 8464-044455

Last edited by viky_s : 1st November 2022 at 19:05.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 01:08   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Got it done by Amit...very helpful and knowledgeable chap..9686240566
Thanks. Any warranty implications I should keep in mind ?
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:55   #185
BHPian

No. The vehicle went for a part change under warranty after that without any issue.
Old 6th November 2022, 17:02   #186

Has anyone explored this for a Mahindra vehicle? XUV 700 in particular. Location is Bangalore.
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:15   #187
BHPian

Mercedes has provided a software update for its models to manage the 80 / 120 km beeps.

The update is already inbuilt for New C Class, S Class S580 & 680 and EQS (580 & 53 AMG).

For other models customers can contact the workshop to get their cars updated. Post the update both the beep at 80 and 120 have become subdued, and it doesn't mute the audio of the music system
Old 12th December 2022, 18:36   #188
BHPian

Just spoke to code 6 regarding speed chime removal on Innova Crysta, he said it’s a hardware thing and the seatbelt reminder, parking brake warning and other warnings will also disappear.

Also he quoted 12k for the job while I saw quotes for Germans at 6-7k in this thread so I’m contemplating, is it worth doing it?
city2491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:40   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
Just spoke to code 6 regarding speed chime removal on Innova Crysta, he said it’s a hardware thing and the seatbelt reminder, parking brake warning and other warnings will also disappear.

Also he quoted 12k for the job while I saw quotes for Germans at 6-7k in this thread so I’m contemplating, is it worth doing it?
They will just disconnect the buzzer in the meter cluster. The same for Jeep Compass. For the Germans it's a setting that's modified by a software tool.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 19:49   #190
BHPian

Does anyone know approximately how much I should be paying to get these alerts disabled on my merc, spoke to a notable workshop who gave me a quote of 22k for disabling it. Found it to be a bit on the higher side, however, I wouldn't call myself well-versed in this realm, please do chime in on what would be a reasonable price to pay for such a service.

Another topic on which I require some guidance is the warranty aspect of this modification. The workshop I spoke to claimed the warranty remains intact after the process as they use Mercedes' authorized equipment, should these claims be taken with a pinch of salt or is it indeed possible to get it done without having to void the warranty, as I am not too comfortable getting rid of the warranty on a 10 month-old car.
Old 22nd December 2022, 11:24   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
he said it’s a hardware thing and the seatbelt reminder, parking brake warning and other warnings will also disappear.
Instead of deleting the buzzer and all the warning sounds with it I would suggest muffling the volume to a level that is OK for you. It can be done without opening the cluster.

Remove the cluster and from the dashboard and put a high density foam piece over the buzzer grill/holes and use masking tape to hold it in place, because it sticks well and don't stretch. Vary the density of foam to tune the loudness level.

If you want it to be near silent cut a small piece of damping sheet and cover the holes completely. One will need to improvise based on the location of the buzzer holes.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 13:20   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Instead of deleting the buzzer and all the warning sounds with it I would suggest muffling the volume to a level that is OK for you. It can be done without opening the cluster.

Remove the cluster and from the dashboard and put a high density foam piece over the buzzer grill/holes and use masking tape to hold it in place, because it sticks well and don't stretch. Vary the density of foam to tune the loudness level.

If you want it to be near silent cut a small piece of damping sheet and cover the holes completely. One will need to improvise based on the location of the buzzer holes.
This option seems to be adequately viable!

As we discuss about the Fortuner '22, is it a DIY job which would not take much dismantling and re-assembling?
Also, it is requested if photographs pertaining to the location (of the buzzer/chime/alarm) may be shared for ease of assimilation and subsequent operation.
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:22   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

We at Team BHP are by and large compliance oriented, law abiding, car loving citizens. This thread on how to disable a speed warning device in my view goes against the grain of Team BHP's ethos. This thread is not very different from a hypothetical one on cheating the "put on your seat belt" warning beep. I believe, and I might be in a minority of one, that this thread should either be closed down or an explicit statement put upfront that Team BHP does not support unsafe or illegal driving practices or the suggestions on this thread.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:32   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
This option seems to be adequately viable!

As we discuss about the Fortuner '22, is it a DIY job which would not take much dismantling and re-assembling?
Yes its not too difficult in the Fortuner, need to pull off the console shroud and iirc two screws for the cluster to come out which is similar to the Crysta's. But if you are not comfortable doing this suggest taking it to some known auto accessory shop who can help with this.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:43   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
We at Team BHP are by and large compliance oriented, law abiding, car loving citizens.
I am also pretty stunned to see that this thread has been allowed to exist by the mods. What ever might be the logic of this beep it is illegal to disable it. Condoning it also opens the forum / admins for potential liability.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks