Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 18:50   #166
BHPian

Re: Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts

Hey buddy,

Not sure about Hyundai or any other brand.
Old 10th July 2022, 23:15   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Should work for other Hyundai’s too.
Hello, would you be willing be share how can I get this done for a i20 NLine?

Last edited by aah78 : 19th July 2022 at 05:53. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 19th July 2022, 03:58   #168

Quote:
2022 Hyundai Tucson GLS CRDI. Removed it via a custom software I have.
I have booked the next generation Tucson. The 80 120 speed alert is a deal breaker for me. It would be great if you can help me out once I receive my car.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th July 2022 at 05:53. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 26th July 2022, 07:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh View Post
Hello, would you be willing be share how can I get this done for a i20 NLine?
I have a custom software that works for Hyundai/Kia cars upto certain year (model). Not sure if it will work for the i20, but if you’re in BLR, we could give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand1998 View Post
I have booked the next generation Tucson. The 80 120 speed alert is a deal breaker for me. It would be great if you can help me out once I receive my car.
We could try, but AFAIK, the new Hyundai models have all operations of this type locked via the OBD port. You’ll need to access the instrument cluster directly.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 18:57   #170

Quote:
I have a custom software that works for Hyundai/Kia cars upto certain year (model). Not sure if it will work for the i20, but if you’re in BLR, we could give it a try.

We could try, but AFAIK, the new Hyundai models have all operations of this type locked via the OBD port. You’ll need to access the instrument cluster directly.

Hello sir, would your software work for the Kia Carens? If possible could you please help me out.
Old 11th September 2022, 22:50   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I was thinking about this, and there is a way around this if we slightly over-engineer.

Use an Arduino and Can-Bus shield to continually sense the vehicle speed at a sampling rate of about 1 second. If the speed is 75 or above, disable the speaker - this can be done by introducing a relay in the speaker circuit, that gets controlled by the Arduino's GPIO. So we get all the warnings when the vehicle is stationary or when it is rolling at low speeds, but no warnings above a particular speed.

Or better yet, just cut off the damn speaker and separately implement the warnings that you want to hear, using the Arduino-CanBus shield combo, with its own dedicated beeper.
Hey,
So I am not the only one who got this idea now.

About a year back, when I had booked my Kia Sonet and heard it is not possible to disable by software, I got this idea. When I thought about the CanBus shield, I was worried if it may send any wrong signals over the network. So then I bought a cheap OBD Bluetooth adapter (read only) from Amazon, and then a ESP32 board. This is basically an arduino board with Bluetooth built in. Then I was able to program it to open a relay when I cross 115 kmph (for 120kmph alarm) and close the relay back when speed drops.

I planned to connect this relay to the buzzer in the cluster, which is responsible for the speed alarm and all other sounds. When I got my car and removed the cluster unit, it needed me to remove multiple "Warranty void if removed" stickers. So I was hesitant to go further and left it there.

Do let us know if you proceed with this and implement it
jayendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:44   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayendra View Post
Hey,
When I got my car and removed the cluster unit, it needed me to remove multiple "Warranty void if removed" stickers. So I was hesitant to go further and left it there.

Do let us know if you proceed with this and implement it
You can check out some videos on "how to remove and reattach warranty void stickers without tearing/breaking them" I hope that will help you to hack your way in. If you can remove them safely, don't fix them back after the mod. Keep them safe until you really require them to be affixed. Always take reference pictures and archive.

My car doesn't have the speed beeps, so I cannot R&D on this idea using my vehicle. So I have not proceeded much with this idea. Happy to work with you if you prefer a JV.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th September 2022 at 10:46.
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:07   #173
BHPian

Guys today Code 6 from Pune has informed me that they can disable 80/120 beeps in Jeep Meridian via s/w.
Costing is pretty high though. He has quoted 18k for the same and time required around 2hours.
Anyone else has experience with Code 6 or other tuner who can delete 80/120 chime via s/w?
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:16   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Guys today Code 6 from Pune has informed me that they can disable 80/120 beeps in Jeep Meridian via s/w.
Costing is pretty high though. He has quoted 18k for the same and time required around 2hours.
Anyone else has experience with Code 6 or other tuner who can delete 80/120 chime via s/w?
This is interesting. Will speak to them as well. About a year ago when I inquired with Code 6 Mumbai for a friend’s Compass, they had clearly said its only possible via a hardware fix - i.e. opening the dashboard and disconnecting the speaker. Cost is around the same ballpark IIRC - around 15k perhaps but I dont remember specifically. The collateral damage is you lose seatbelt warning and indicator sound as well. They had removed the chime on a friend’s facelift compass as well as on a Legender (same approach, disconnect speaker).

A software fix is definitely a better solution. On a related note though, I can definitely say that the volume of the chime is barely audible if you’ve got music on. But of course, I can understand the wish to eliminate it altogether.
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:58   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
This is interesting. Will speak to them as well. About a year ago when I inquired with Code 6 Mumbai for a friend’s Compass, they had clearly said its only possible via a hardware fix - i.e. opening the dashboard and disconnecting the speaker. Cost is around the same ballpark IIRC - around 15k perhaps but I dont remember specifically. The collateral damage is you lose seatbelt warning and indicator sound as well. They had removed the chime on a friend’s facelift compass as well as on a Legender (same approach, disconnect speaker).

A software fix is definitely a better solution. On a related note though, I can definitely say that the volume of the chime is barely audible if you’ve got music on. But of course, I can understand the wish to eliminate it altogether.
Code 6 as well as eTuners said s/w fix is available for Jeep Meridian. Etuners will do it for 10k. No other warnings will be affected.
viky_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 16:53   #176

Has anybody got the warning removed for a Mercedes in Bangalore recently ? Pls provide details .. thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 07:14   #177
BHPian

Got it done by Amit...very helpful and knowledgeable chap..9686240566
skydiver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:58   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Can you let me know more details on this?
I have the Hyundai Alcazar, would like to try out this if it is a easy/Quick solution.
Old 6th October 2022, 12:02   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2022 Hyundai Tucson GLS CRDI. Removed it via a custom software I have. Removed it for a couple of other Tucson owners too. 2 minute job. Should work for other Hyundai’s too.

All the other alarms/beeps are intact.
I have a late 2019 Tuscon.... do you think this software will work on the car?
Old 1st November 2022, 15:34   #180
BHPian

Any contacts in Delhi NCR to have the speed beep silenced in a Fortuner 22 model?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks