Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 16:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Hi guys, ...

For instance, all G series BMW sold post 2019 are easy to get their warnings turned off

Similarly what cars are easy to code off and what are hard. (VW easy, Hyundai/Kia hard).
I wasn't able to find much info about this. If someone could guide me to get the speed warning disabled for a 2020 Skoda Rapid in Bangalore, would be much obliged.
Old 7th October 2020, 18:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernang View Post
I wasn't able to find much info about this. If someone could guide me to get the speed warning disabled for a 2020 Skoda Rapid in Bangalore, would be much obliged.
Marqueone Motec/ Etuners both of whom have an active social media presence (advertising this service) can sort you out.
Ash_vtec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 02:04   #33
BHPian

Hi All,

The 80/120 Beeping sound is from the instrument cluster.

Do note that this sound is interlinked with other beeps and warning sounds.

If this has been disconnected or tampered with, one would not get a warning.

Out of experience,

I was a part of a vehicle launch when I was working for an OEM and the R&D guys had integrated this much before it became a rule as per AIS. (Done due to reduce further costs on R&D and part development)

So during the media launch, the marketing team test drove the vehicles and faced this issue of the beep disturbing the video. Once the vehicles were back to the production shop floor we opened the cluster and disconnected the IC's in the PCB which resulted in some other beeps and warning signals to be cut off. Contacted the R&D guys, they mentioned that this is as per government norms and must not be tampered with.

Hope this information helps.
acestormtrooper is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 03:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

^^

No, you don’t need to take out anything in real world at least on most European cars. Someone with a laptop and a working internet will simply log into and do small changes, usually a code to not read that particular line. This should be good on most European cars. Don’t know if it’s same on Japanese/ Indian.
Old 8th October 2020, 05:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acestormtrooper View Post
we opened the cluster and disconnected the IC's in the PCB which resulted in some other beeps and warning signals to be cut off.
You don't pull out IC's from PCB's to stop beeps!!! Don't know which manufacturer you worked with but even roadside mechanics would know better than to pull out wires and IC's to stop beeps!!

Last edited by AMG Power : 8th October 2020 at 05:41.
AMG Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 07:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernang View Post
Ash_vtec has mentioned a tuner's name in the 1st part of this thread. Check them out.
Sreesh1009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 00:58   #37
BHPian

So, from experience in friends cars, almost all European cars can get this done. BMW’s, Mercs and VAG’s all have coding softwares / apps / whatever (eg VCDS) that can be used to tweak the living hell out the cars. Speed warnings are a minor code tweak or maybe a box unticked.

Also, I think for simpler cars the process might be more tiring. One of my friends has been pleading to different dealers to remove it from his new Honda City and everyone says not possible. He travels on an expressway with 120kmph limit and quite frankly it is irritating.
Old 24th November 2020, 06:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Kia - Easy
I know of a Seltos in which the dealer himself disabled it on request.

Can you please elaborate on how to get it disabled. Local dealers either feign ignorance or actually don’t know how to do it.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 17:36   #39
BHPian

Update.

Someone in the family purchased a Sonet. Speed warning disable request was denied on delivery saying check if you really want it off and get back to us. When the car was taken for first service (aka checkup) it was disabled.

Of course dealer said don't name me, but Bangalore has one of two options, so go figure.
Ash_vtec is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:57   #40
BANNED

This can be done in VAG cars (VW/Skoda) and have checked it working personally on a Bhpian's Rapid 1.0 TSI. I have the required equipment and anybody interested in this can PM me. Just FYI, can only help people in Delhi NCR.
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This can be done in VAG cars (VW/Skoda) and have checked it working personally on a Bhpian's Rapid 1.0 TSI. I have the required equipment and anybody interested in this can PM me. Just FYI, can only help people in Delhi NCR.
Could you just guide me in the right direction? Given the current covid situation, I can't just pop in to NCR for this. I see that you've also put LDH as your location, can you arrange it there?
Old 30th December 2020, 22:28   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Could you just guide me in the right direction? Given the current covid situation, I can't just pop in to NCR for this. I see that you've also put LDH as your location, can you arrange it there?
Haven't planned a trip to Ludhiana anytime soon. It needs to be done via VCDS. Will DM you the details.
Old 30th December 2020, 22:50   #43
BHPian

How about disabling it for a brezza?
Old 31st December 2020, 02:07   #44
BHPian

My cousin brother recently bought a Mahindra Scorpio and he wasn't aware about these 80/120 kmph warning beeps. When driving on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway for the first time, he got scared about why the car is beeping and has something gone wrong with it. Any way to disable the beeps on a Scorpio?
Old 5th January 2021, 12:03   #45
BHPian

Got this removed in my car after about a month of using it, now the cars come back from the service centre with the chime activated again! Any idea on how this is possible? Could a software update reactivate the alert?
shovan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks