Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 17:25   #151
BHPian

Re: Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayendra View Post
Hi,
I have a Kia and I am desperately looking to disable it. So could you please share pictures of the connector and speaker?

Thanks
There you go. Apologies for the potato quality of the pictures but it was kind of hard to maneuver the phone in the tight space and get a good focus.

Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts-img_20220106_171441__01.jpg
Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts-img_20220106_171427__01.jpg

As mentioned in the original post, this is below the steering column.

PS: If you didnt read the last post. This is for Hyundai Tucson

Last edited by needmorebhp : 6th January 2022 at 17:36. Reason: Additional Info
needmorebhp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:45   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post

This thread should be locked and deleted.

@GTO: Please delete this thread.
Thanks!
At the outset, I personally would respectfully disagree with your view point. Following from that, I have the following specific points to your post.

1. Please search the thread. This aspect has already been discussed with both view points having been expressed. As you can see despite that it is evident that the mods did not consider it necessary to delete the thread.
2. If you wish for prompt mod attention for it to be deleted, please do report the first post or any post and make your request. To expect an “@GTO” mention in a post to receive prompt action is a bit optimistic given the number of posts on this forum on any given day.
3. If we are going to be technical, every single modification made to a car is “illegal”. Yet there is an entire section on this website dedicated to modifications to cars, including tuning and what not. By your analogy, all of this makes this forum an entirely reckless and irresponsible one as any one of these could arguably be safety hazards in some form or the other. Are you still comfortable being a member of such a forum?

I believe one needs to take a measured and balanced approach to what is considered fit for posting and what is not - adopting a spirit and not letter perspective. Anything genuinely egregious, including posts that talk about high speed driving, drunken driving, even promoting road rage and what not are promptly censured.

Our country is known for arbitrary provisions all too often. Until it was altered, there was a brief period when ISI helmets were accorded a standard that was outright reckless and far safer helmets were technically illegal in India. Regardless of this, I would happily recommend non-ISI suitably internationally accredited helmets to anyone who would ask on this website. Technically, such recommendations are also to a product that was at a point in time (pending BIS certification, still is) illegal.
Axe77 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 17:54   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This can be done in VAG cars (VW/Skoda) and have checked it working personally on a Bhpian's Rapid 1.0 TSI. I have the required equipment and anybody interested in this can PM me. Just FYI, can only help people in Delhi NCR.
Hey Agam. Glad to have found this post! Please can you help me address this issue for my Skoda Rapid AT. I'm in NCR. How can I reach out to you?
Old 30th May 2022, 10:59   #154

Has anyone been able to successfully disable only the 80kmph warning beep without disconnecting the warning speaker on any Maruti Suzuki car? I would ideally want to still have the other warning beeps for Seatbelt, Reverse parking, even the 120kmph warning is still okay. Asking for a 2021 Maruti Suzuki S-presso in Bangalore. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 4th June 2022, 00:06   #155
BHPian

I need to disable it on my 1.3 Turbo duster. It's some times beeps at 110 as well.

I checked with the dealer to atleast to apply a sticker over the speaker to reduce the volume. He didn't budge at all.
Old 7th June 2022, 15:35   #156
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

Has anyone managed to do this in the 2022 Innova Diesel Auto? We will be getting one around 1.5 months and this beep is the first thing I want done away with.

If there is a way in which I can do it, that would be the best, don't want to go to the tuners if I can avoid it.
Old 19th June 2022, 14:37   #157
BHPian

Just used services of drcodemyvw Instagram id Instagram.com/drcodemyvw
Got following things done:
1. 80 and 120 Kmph beeps removed.
2. Added Sport Plus and Comfort Plus modes.
3. Added the option of changing exhaust note.
4. Start up Animation changed to M logo.
5. Changed the speedometer fonts.
6. Added option to view videos via android phone screen sharing.

It’s been a couple of hours since I got these done.
Most useful features which I found in this short time are the activation of comfort plus mode and removal of 80/120 beeps.
The speed breakers and road undulations that used to upset the ride quality are no longer bothersome.
Also the Sport Plus mode turns the car into a different beast altogether.
If you own a new BMW, trust me you need to get this coding done.

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 19th June 2022 at 14:39.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 11:45   #158
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to the Code6 guys on Instagram. Innova Crysta has no software delete of 100-120 (or he does not do it, not sure) and the buzzer will have to be disconnected for the same.

If that's the case, has anyone done it on their own? I think this we can DIY at home. Please help
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 13:21   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Spoke to the Code6 guys on Instagram. Innova Crysta has no software delete of 100-120 (or he does not do it, not sure) and the buzzer will have to be disconnected for the same.

If that's the case, has anyone done it on their own? I think this we can DIY at home. Please help
Not sure if it is the buzzer/speaker inside the cluster that’s responsible for the 80/120 kmph warnings. Try taking out the cluster and disabling the speaker (removing it if it is soldered to the board). But please be warned that this will remove all the warnings including those for seatbelt reminders, low fuel, indicators etc.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 14:48   #160
BHPian

Folks,

Has anyone got the 80/120 speed warnings disabled in a newer gen Merc in bangalore? any recommendations?
Old 21st June 2022, 14:51   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Not sure if it is the buzzer/speaker inside the cluster that’s responsible for the 80/120 kmph warnings. Try taking out the cluster and disabling the speaker (removing it if it is soldered to the board). But please be warned that this will remove all the warnings including those for seatbelt reminders, low fuel, indicators etc.
I was thinking about this, and there is a way around this if we slightly over-engineer.

Use an Arduino and Can-Bus shield to continually sense the vehicle speed at a sampling rate of about 1 second. If the speed is 75 or above, disable the speaker - this can be done by introducing a relay in the speaker circuit, that gets controlled by the Arduino's GPIO. So we get all the warnings when the vehicle is stationary or when it is rolling at low speeds, but no warnings above a particular speed.

Or better yet, just cut off the damn speaker and separately implement the warnings that you want to hear, using the Arduino-CanBus shield combo, with its own dedicated beeper.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 20:11   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Folks,

Has anyone got the 80/120 speed warnings disabled in a newer gen Merc in bangalore? any recommendations?
Responding to my own post.

Found "code_my_mercedes_india" (insta handle) and got it done. 20 min job. Amit was very patient in explaining all the options and knew what he is doing.

I would highly recommend.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th June 2022 at 07:00. Reason: Removing unwanted dots.
skydiver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 07:09   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post

Will be happy to post pictures of the connector and speaker if anyone is interested.
2022 Hyundai Tucson GLS CRDI. Removed it via a custom software I have. Removed it for a couple of other Tucson owners too. 2 minute job. Should work for other Hyundai’s too.

All the other alarms/beeps are intact.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2022 at 07:12. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 23:32   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
This is what he said that the buzzer inside is responsible. Will try it once I get the car at the end of the month or next month start. Have you done it on your car?
Old 9th July 2022, 12:00   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Responding to my own post.

Found "code_my_mercedes_india" (insta handle) and got it done. 20 min job. Amit was very patient in explaining all the options and knew what he is doing.

I would highly recommend.
Hello, would you be willing be share how can I get this done for a i20 NLine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks