Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 00:03   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastaway View Post
That black color suits well was it painted inside the paint booth?
Thx. Yes, it was.
----------------
Old 31st July 2007, 00:04   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
BUSA - He has mentioned states as in the USA.

Viper
Hey Viper i read it states aka US of A but who knows Hyperperformance ******* must be a tuner in USA and after his ingineous methods of 120 degree CAI piping was sued by one of his customers and kicked out.

@ Razor - Your car is looking awesome buddy, given this thread a 5 star
Old 31st July 2007, 00:56   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hey Viper i read it states aka US of A but who knows Hyperperformance ******* must be a tuner in USA and after his ingineous methods of 120 degree CAI piping was sued by one of his customers and kicked out.
Lol... maybe that explains some of those mysterious foreign car pics on his website!

Quote:
@ Razor - Your car is looking awesome buddy, given this thread a 5 star
Thank you my friend. Very kind of you
Old 31st July 2007, 02:19   #184
Senior - BHPian

He! He!

Maybe thinking on lines of the next level of upgrades on this car, how about opening up the fenders and blocking up the corner marker lights with metal. rectangular clear-lens corner markers can occupy the sides of the front bumper.

By the way Razor, this is the "Kilo" post, dedicated to your car!!!
Old 31st July 2007, 10:07   #185
BHPian

Lancer Price....

Hey Razor thanks for the answer.....That helps....And one more question......I am looking for a deal on a lancer that is available..
1999 Glxi Silver
Petrol
No Engine mods
No LPG/CNG kit...
No Music system..
Come equipped with power windows...and a set of two speakers..It is a stock car well maintained and the dealer says it gives an average of 11-12 in city......
Old 31st July 2007, 10:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
He! He!

Maybe thinking on lines of the next level of upgrades on this car, how about opening up the fenders and blocking up the corner marker lights with metal. rectangular clear-lens corner markers can occupy the sides of the front bumper.

By the way Razor, this is the "Kilo" post, dedicated to your car!!!
Sounds interesting. But maybe we should experiment on your josh machine first

And thanks for making this the kilo post. Me and my car thank you Mr. Senior Bhpian!
Old 31st July 2007, 23:49   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
Hey Razor thanks for the answer.....That helps....And one more question......I am looking for a deal on a lancer that is available..
1999 Glxi Silver
Petrol
No Engine mods
No LPG/CNG kit...
No Music system..
Come equipped with power windows...and a set of two speakers..It is a stock car well maintained and the dealer says it gives an average of 11-12 in city......
Not sure what your question is buddy. I am assuming you meant to ask what would be a good price for a Lancer that fits the above description.
Hmmm, in Calcutta I would say 1.5 - 2L would be a fair price. But not sure what the going rate is in Bangalore. Maybe you could turn to some of the Bangy boys like vip3r and mclaren for clarification.
Old 31st July 2007, 23:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Sounds interesting. But maybe we should experiment on your josh machine first

And thanks for making this the kilo post. Me and my car thank you Mr. Senior Bhpian!
Senior sounds so "old-old" as in Buro-buro!!

Anyway there isn't anything I want to change on the Josh!!
Old 1st August 2007, 00:25   #189
Senior - BHPian

Update

Ok, here's the latest. The car is slated to be ready for delivery by Thursday afternoon!
Took the day off from work today to oversee the ICE install. It was a long and tiring day (the heat & humidity didn't help). But, at the end of it all I was a pretty satisfied man. There was only one glitch - one of the tweeters was not working. It will be replaced in a day or two.
But overall I am very happy with the setup. Haven't had a chance to tune the amp/HU as per my liking, but will do that once the car is with me.
Once the tweeters are fitted and the interiors cleaned, some good pics will be taken (Wimwian has kindly volunteered to do the honours with his Nikon!). I have pics of the install process, and will post it in the ICE section once things are complete.

In short, here is my setup:
Head unit: Alpine CDE-9881
Front Components: Illusion Electra EL6.1
Rear 3-way Coaxials: Pioneer TS-6960E
Subwoofer: JBL GT4-12 in a sealed box
Amplifier: JBL GTO75.4
Connection wires: Stinger SWK8RS Pro Series wiring kit plus additional Monster Car Audio speaker wires & Phoenix Gold RCA cable
Damping

The Alipine HU was a last minute indulgence, since I had almost settled for a Pioneer 7950UB. But the Alpine appealed to me more somehow - less flashy and better sound quality. Cost a little more than the Pio, but hey, I'm screwed anyway!
The Pio coaxials are not working as I'd hoped they would. I had them lying around (they were fitted earlier in my old car), so thought I'd reuse them. But they are spoiling the otherwise good standard of sound. May have to get a decent (but cheap) 6"x9" coaxial set to provide the rear fill. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I'd like the speaker grilles to be sober, not flashy like the JBL or Polk Audio ones.

Now coming to the interiors.
I was blown away. The chrome finish that is present on some sections is excellent. The whole black/grey/chrome setup looks really good to me. Also fitted the new dials that have a colour-selectable & brightness-adjustable blue/green backlight with RalliArt written on it. Looks really cool!
The upholstery has come out great, and the overall ambience inside the car has been elevated a few notches. The change is really appreciable. I'll post before and after pics after I get good pics of the new interiors.

Other points:
- Garware Sun Control "Cool Vision" fitted on my front windscreen. I had read about Llumar and V-Kool being the products of choice, but I was assured that this did the job just as well. Hope it does!
- Underbody coating (anti rust/corrosion) done.
- Philips X-treme Power halogens fitted (sorry, couldn't get any before/after pics).
- Xenos security system installed.

The remaining mechanical work (sans the suspension) will be completed tomorrow. Other cosmetic work, including blackening of sidelights, window tints fitting, final polishing etc will also be done. I am looking forward to Thursday

Sorry for the loooooong post folks. Pls bear with me and my excitement!

Last edited by razor4077 : 1st August 2007 at 00:27.
Old 1st August 2007, 00:47   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Ok, here's the latest. The car is slated to be ready for delivery by Thursday afternoon!
Took the day off from work today to oversee the ICE install. It was a long and tiring day (the heat & humidity didn't help). But, at the end of it all I was a pretty satisfied man. There was only one glitch - one of the tweeters was not working. It will be replaced in a day or two.
But overall I am very happy with the setup. Haven't had a chance to tune the amp/HU as per my liking, but will do that once the car is with me.
Once the tweeters are fitted and the interiors cleaned, some good pics will be taken (Wimwian has kindly volunteered to do the honours with his Nikon!). I have pics of the install process, and will post it in the ICE section once things are complete.

In short, here is my setup:
Head unit: Alpine CDE-9881
Front Components: Illusion Electra EL6.1
Rear 3-way Coaxials: Pioneer TS-6960E
Subwoofer: JBL GT4-12 in a sealed box
Amplifier: JBL GTO75.4
Connection wires: Stinger SWK8RS Pro Series wiring kit plus additional Monster Car Audio speaker wires & Phoenix Gold RCA cable
Damping

The Alipine HU was a last minute indulgence, since I had almost settled for a Pioneer 7950UB. But the Alpine appealed to me more somehow - less flashy and better sound quality. Cost a little more than the Pio, but hey, I'm screwed anyway!
The Pio coaxials are not working as I'd hoped they would. I had them lying around (they were fitted earlier in my old car), so thought I'd reuse them. But they are spoiling the otherwise good standard of sound. May have to get a decent (but cheap) 6"x9" coaxial set to provide the rear fill. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I'd like the speaker grilles to be sober, not flashy like the JBL or Polk Audio ones.

Now coming to the interiors.
I was blown away. The chrome finish that is present on some sections is excellent. The whole black/grey/chrome setup looks really good to me. Also fitted the new dials that have a colour-selectable & brightness-adjustable blue/green backlight with RalliArt written on it. Looks really cool!
The upholstery has come out great, and the overall ambience inside the car has been elevated a few notches. The change is really appreciable. I'll post before and after pics after I get good pics of the new interiors.

Other points:
- Garware Sun Control "Cool Vision" fitted on my front windscreen. I had read about Llumar and V-Kool being the products of choice, but I was assured that this did the job just as well. Hope it does!
- Underbody coating (anti rust/corrosion) done.
- Philips X-treme Power halogens fitted (sorry, couldn't get any before/after pics).
- Xenos security system installed.

The remaining mechanical work (sans the suspension) will be completed tomorrow. Other cosmetic work, including blackening of sidelights, window tints fitting, final polishing etc will also be done. I am looking forward to Thursday

Sorry for the loooooong post folks. Pls bear with me and my excitement!
Posting progress without pictures is a torture, anyways will have to live with for sometime . Iam way to curious for the pictures now.

Hey how much for the Garware Sun Control "Cool Vision"?

MODERATOR NOTE: Do not quote the complete transcript of a long post unless you are analysing every line !!

Last edited by Mpower : 1st August 2007 at 01:49.
Old 1st August 2007, 01:25   #191
BHPian

razor 477 i want pics! dont make me haunt you.
such a hot looking car and my favourite selection of platti aloyys!
pics better make a huge statement in this thread brother!
Old 1st August 2007, 17:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

@ xinome - check out this picasa link: Picasa Web Albums - razor4077 - Lancer - WIP

i think he (razor) should have uploaded the pics @ ImageShack® - Hosting or Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket - it would have made this thread a lot more interesting. but no issues @razor bhai.

here is the one from his garage:

Last edited by planet_rocker : 1st August 2007 at 17:36.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:43   #193
Senior - BHPian

Kinda thought that having all the pics in one album makes the whole "project progress" theme work. Plus, uploading so many pics on Imageshack would have been very time consuming.

No updates in the album yet since the last time, because most of the pics taken yesterday were ICE related, and I will post those when I get the completed installation pics tomorrow.

New pics coming soon fellows
Old 1st August 2007, 19:34   #194
BHPian

Congrats buddy, waiting to see her on our next meet.
Old 1st August 2007, 20:41   #195
Senior - BHPian

I think Razor did a right thing, by making a album the project looks so nice and purposeful. Any one who sees the thread for the first time would not need to check each post for pics, he can just click on the link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks