Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2007, 20:16   #151
Senior - BHPian

She's looking good.
Take some lessons from Pandit Sree Sree Rudra Guruji on how to maintain black and more.
Im one of his disciples.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:15   #152
Team-BHP Support

@razor.. the car is looking awesome.. cant wait to see it in person...
Old 29th July 2007, 01:09   #153
Senior - BHPian

@Rudra da: too bad murphy had to strike. but there's always next time

@vid: thanks dude. but no, this has no hint of green. i wanted it jet black from all angles. the pics don't do justice to the paintjob... i was very impressed (touchwood).

@nitrous: went thru RS's tips on (exterior) car care. learnt a lot. but in any case, maintaining a black car is not new to me. my black santro is > 2 yrs old, and ppl still ask me if it is new
Old 29th July 2007, 03:06   #154
BHPian

i own a black alto and my beast recieves a coat of wax every weekend or i just wont feal like driving it around anymore. Razor i c you have CAI fitted in your xing, wheelspinning away to glorry i see!

@ razor - awesome paint job so no body kits eh!

and those plati alloys are hot just found 13 inch ones for my car! " argh!"
Old 29th July 2007, 12:41   #155
BHPian

what exactly is the code name of the colour and does this come in any oem paints....
Old 29th July 2007, 13:04   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
what exactly is the code name of the colour and does this come in any oem paints....
AFAIK this paint is not OEM on any car made here.
It was from a BMW paint catalogue. If you go to any good paint workshop, they will have these shade cards (with OE shades of various manufacturers plus some custom ones), from which you will have to choose.
I chose 3 initially - they made a sample of each and I approved the one you see.

I can find out the paint code for you.
Old 29th July 2007, 14:46   #157
BHPian

The BMW catalog is not available with my paintshop ...Think i have to go for the common OEM colours in Dupont most probably Skoda black as per Autopysche will look good.....im sticking to this paint shop because the price he quoted was the only 15k compared to others who quoted above that...And also i was impressed with the work he has done on my friends santro..If you dont mind can i know how much u spend on the painting alone???
Old 29th July 2007, 15:05   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
The BMW catalog is not available with my paintshop ...Think i have to go for the common OEM colours in Dupont most probably Skoda black as per Autopysche will look good.....im sticking to this paint shop because the price he quoted was the only 15k compared to others who quoted above that...And also i was impressed with the work he has done on my friends santro..If you dont mind can i know how much u spend on the painting alone???
15k is very cheap man. I spent 24k on mine, but the charge was greater because I changed the colour (silver -> black). Make sure he's giving you a good 2k paintjob (metallic/non-metallic) with a good polishing.
From what I've heard, Dupont's probably the top automotive paint brand in the country (better than ICI and Standox), and that makes the price even more of a (pleasant) surprise!
Skoda, especially the L&K, black is very good, and Arush knows about quality paintjobs
Old 29th July 2007, 17:34   #159
Senior - BHPian

@ razor

Good going pal....the black looks good. Black is black & it looks good. (The original colour of my Lancer). Waiting to see it completed.

Cheers
Old 30th July 2007, 11:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
15k is very cheap man. I spent 24k on mine, but the charge was greater because I changed the colour (silver -> black). Make sure he's giving you a good 2k paintjob (metallic/non-metallic) with a good polishing.
From what I've heard, Dupont's probably the top automotive paint brand in the country (better than ICI and Standox), and that makes the price even more of a (pleasant) surprise!
Skoda, especially the L&K, black is very good, and Arush knows about quality paintjobs
Thanks, and your car is looking great. One Correction though, DuPont has two series of car paints, one series is cheaper than ICI Autocolor, and one series is equivalent of ICI Autocolor, Standox is much much more expensive and much much more better quality than both dupont and ici.
Old 30th July 2007, 11:55   #161
Team-BHP Support

Nice paint job Razor. Great going till now. When do you expect to get her on road now?
Old 30th July 2007, 11:59   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Nice paint job Razor. Great going till now. When do you expect to get her on road now?
I believe with the Pedders & everything she's scheduled for an unveiling at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
Old 30th July 2007, 12:18   #163
Senior - BHPian

@ishan: aise mat bol yaar!!

but yea, the pedders have delayed the progress a good bit.
so i have decided to postpone the suspension work for later (the front shocks are supposed to be here in another 3 weeks). the intake+Ractive filter will also be fitted later, since i am trying to fabricate an aluminium heat shield. until then, i'm fitting the stock air filter box.

ICE and other fittings will be completed by tomorrow, and then I have to take her to an HM service center to get the sensors checked and the ECU reset.

So, hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday, Phoenix will fly
Old 30th July 2007, 12:52   #164
Senior - BHPian

Razor, Make sure Ur design of the air intake is good.
If U get it wrong like Elf did, u'll lose power, FE, smoothness,etc..
The intake piping should not have an angle of over 60 degrees at turns and should be very smooth.
Filter should be placed in such a way that it doesn't draw hot air from the engine/ radiator fan.
Old 30th July 2007, 13:13   #165
Senior - BHPian

@nitrous: thanks for the tip.
the aluminium heat shield that i am trying to fabricate is to prevent the hot air from hitting the filter.

Most Viewed