Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 13:59   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This is not possible. When the key is in ON position, pressing the remote buttons has no effect on the security system.

I have tried this. Turned on the ignition and pressed the buttons but doors didnt unlock. Turn the key to Accessories (Acc) or off position and the system will work even with the key in the fob.... but not when in ON position.

The above example might be possible if the hooter is hard wired to function independently.
Which model of autocop did you try it on?
It happens only with autocop and I know it works on my 5+ year old autocop in ZEN.
Old 12th August 2008, 14:15   #287
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This is not possible. When the key is in ON position, pressing the remote buttons has no effect on the security system.

I have tried this. Turned on the ignition and pressed the buttons but doors didnt unlock. Turn the key to Accessories (Acc) or off position and the system will work even with the key in the fob.... but not when in ON position.
I have the base autocop model and I am able to open or lock the dorrs even when the engine is running.
Old 12th August 2008, 18:17   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Which model of autocop did you try it on?
It happens only with autocop and I know it works on my 5+ year old autocop in ZEN.
I guess it is the autocop model # 7k (IIRC). It has a shock sensor and was fitted by the dealer in 2003.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
I have the base autocop model and I am able to open or lock the dorrs even when the engine is running.
Hmmmm.... need to check this out. Will try it out when i visit blore next. But i remember fiddling with the buttons when the ignition was on (engine on or off doesnt matter) and nothing happened.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:29   #289
BHPian

Over here in Coimbatore, i've seen so many ambassadors with audi and mercedes logos, sometimes together.

A couple of days ago, i saw a red Ikon with fake side intakes (stickers) on the doors. And not even quality stickers.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:14   #290
BHPian

Seen some ricks with stickers Arizona State University / Case Western etc. Maybe the drivers are alumnii??
Old 30th September 2009, 21:36   #291
BHPian

Since we are at the topic of discussing car stickers, I've seen many santros and other non-honda cars that display mugen stickers which really annoy me owing to their exclusiveness to the honda brand. Not to mention the same with AMG stickers sported on some other non-mercedes cars. I also get very annoyed by the steering knob for some weird reason.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:36   #292
Senior - BHPian

I see private bus body builders uses Scorpio and Sumo's rear light sets.

I have seen one Tata Estate uses Maruthi 800's rear lights and fixed a Toyota's Logo.

I see rear spoilers in Esteems and Lancers which is one feet tall.

All these are irritating.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:55   #293
BHPian

I hate cars with listing of manufacturers/logos on the front door near the wheel.Sometimes the list holds about 10 names of which I'm sure not 1 are available on the car. For eg.the logo of Michelin with Bibendum-but the car runs on Apollo Acelere!

IMO a car should be "all go and little show" as opposed to "all show and no go".

Last edited by Wolffe : 15th October 2009 at 11:56.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:42   #294
Senior - BHPian

angel eyes

Angel eyes looks cool on Audi.

But for me some times it looks so bad on other cars. Like i saw a safari with angel eye.. it looks so bad
Old 15th October 2009, 16:51   #295
BHPian

I would strongly feel......

Loud honking horns on the streets...

idiotic reverse horns...

cheap plastic fans on the dash / in the car......

multiple antennas on the car..... looks like an alien ship.....

to be the most annoying ones

REITZ
Old 15th October 2009, 17:11   #296
Senior - BHPian

1. Filmy reverse horns
2. Fur, flowers on the dashbord
3. The knob on the steering wheel. i still do not know the purpose for the same.
These are the few I can think of.

I agree with recshenoy, I think the angel eyes look good only on the Audi.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:33   #297
BHPian

Once saw a jeep or maybe couple of them that have an axe or a spade strapped on which i feel which is nothing more but portraying fake machoism. As such the jeep itself is a macho statement in itself but putting on farm equipments without any real purpose is ridiculously wannabe.

Another contraption are those weird multicolor LED brake lights and musical tones I see mostly used by the auto guys and few cars. And not to mention the weird spoilers and gawky widebody kits.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 15th October 2009 at 17:35.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:42   #298
Senior - BHPian

My list of unwanted accessories in cars:
- Fur Toys resembling a mini zoo at the rear of the car.
- CD hanging to the rear view mirror.
- Pillows on the seats
- Empty tissue boxes on the dash board
- multiple Antennas
- flashy exhaust tips
Old 15th October 2009, 18:41   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Once saw a jeep or maybe couple of them that have an axe or a spade strapped on which i feel which is nothing more but portraying fake machoism. As such the jeep itself is a macho statement in itself but putting on farm equipments without any real purpose is ridiculously wannabe.
Ahem, that one is actually used in offroading. I always carry a foldable spade in my accessories bag, very useful for digging the Jeep out of trouble.
Old 15th October 2009, 18:46   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Once saw a jeep or maybe couple of them that have an axe or a spade strapped on which i feel which is nothing more but portraying fake machoism. As such the jeep itself is a macho statement in itself but putting on farm equipments without any real purpose is ridiculously wanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ahem, that one is actually used in offroading. I always carry a foldable spade in my accessories bag, very useful for digging the Jeep out of trouble.
There you go rotorhead. Samurai has very modestly put it across. A spade can be very useful during ofroading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks