Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 13:52   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Havent you noticed the "A/C - No hand signal" sign on the back of old Amby taxis ? Which basically implies since the car has an air conditioner, all windows are rolled up. And so the driver cant be bothered to roll down the window and signal by hand.

Hmm, okk.. Use the damn indicators maybe? or get power windows fitted?
But I think they are still putting it on the back of new Indicabs!

It occurs to me that if we could go back in time forty years, but keep the internet and Team-BHP, someone might post:

Those silly flashing direction indicators; what's wrong with hand signals?

Old 6th August 2008, 13:55   #257
Senior - BHPian

Few years back there were Golden, Silver, Full Green color of sun films doing around. In small town It was seen in most of the Amby. I identified following most irritating accessories in car

1. Irritating colors of sun films (Golden, Silver, Dark Green etc)

2. Using more than one color in sun film in mix and match fashion (Silver and Golden)

3. Horn with some kind of dual relay (Do not remember name exactly). It sounds like Tee, Too, Tee, Too ...

4. Whole family name is back windshield (In one maruti van I saw total 14 names were written)

5. Usage of reflecting stickers (used for number plate) with some irritating designs on body of car or on back windshield.

6. Empty perfume containers on dash board (hilarious)

7. In some taxi (Delhi, Jammu side mostly) they use artificial plastic or paper flower or decorative items to decorate interiors.

8. Torned steering wheel cover.

9. Aftermarket tubelights for interior lighting in some decent cars

10. Multicolor upholstery with multicolor of interior lights.

and list goes on...
Old 6th August 2008, 14:00   #258
BHPian

Most annoying are:
1. Artificial air vents on the front bonnets
2. All kinds of sticker works, especially names ...
3. Reverse music
4. Large tyres on small cars - jetting out
5. Dark sun films
6. Unusually large spoilers
7. Pillows and soft toys in the rear
Old 6th August 2008, 14:06   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
4. Whole family name is back windshield (In one maruti van I saw total 14 names were written)
No "We two Ours One" there then?
Old 6th August 2008, 15:06   #260
BHPian

I don't like window visors or what ever they are called that are installed over the windows, for sun protection I believe, they just make the car look ugly.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:17   #261
BHPian

How about empty tissue boxes on dashboard/near rear window ? In some cases I have even seen multiple empty boxes in some cars. Are these people too lazy to throw them out or do they expect that to be done "professionally" by the dealers during next service? And then of course those "ever present" plastic covers on seats!

Last edited by appuchan : 6th August 2008 at 15:18.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:21   #262
Senior - BHPian

1. Santro Xing Brake-lamps - Hugely irritating if you're stuck behind one. I've made death defying overtaking stunts just so I could get it out of my sight!

2. Names stickered on rear windshield

3. Horrible, Scorpio/Innova lookalike wheel-caps on small cars. They stick out a mile after the tyres, and usually have an ugly steel nut at the centre too.

4. Flashing LEDs in various colors, perpetually on.

5. Reversing Horn with Bollywood music.

6. Two-year old cars with plastic wrap still on the seats.

7. Horn with melody maker

8. Chrome/Gold surrounds for tail lamps, door handles etc. It's not just on small cars either. Many Innova/Scorpio owners seem to install these.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:26   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
How about empty tissue boxes on dashboard/near rear window ? In some cases I have even seen multiple empty boxes in some cars.
Exactly, its yucky to see an empty tissue box on the dash or one limp tissue hanging out of the box. I feel most folks when they buy a car add it as one of those "mandatory" accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Whats wrong with a tissue box on the dash board? Its not for show, most of the times when we go to office, we are alone in the car and do you expect to reach the rear end of the car to fetch tissues? And flowers are normally kept when they have some idols in the car. Just the way we offer the flowers at home, inside cars too. Plus, there's this nice aroma of Jasmine or any other flower inside the car.
I don't see any guy needing a tissue box in his car and moreso not required when driving alone, if there is a lady companion, i would have understood. I never knew guys blow their nose before entering offices. No offense but that's how it sounded to me.

Regarding flowers on the dashboard, you may like it. I just offered my opinion. I hate them on the dashboard.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:52   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Most annoying are: 7. Pillows and soft toys in the rear
I have seen various cars (incl. skoda, merc etc) decked up with soft toys like dog's, tigers, lions etc in the rear parcel compartment. Rear visibility is compromised to a very large extent. Truly irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
1. Santro Xing Brake-lamps - Hugely irritating if you're stuck behind one. I've made death defying overtaking stunts just so I could get it out of my sight!

7. Horn with melody maker

8. Chrome/Gold surrounds for tail lamps, door handles etc. It's not just on small cars either. Many Innova/Scorpio owners seem to install these.
with you vivek. Santro xing has very bright tail lamps and can be very uncomfortable in the evenings/nights. Get stuck behind one and you temporarily lose your vision.

Wonder why people love the hee-haaw hee-haaw melody horns so much. Sounds like a mating call for the donkeys. This is the peak of irritation.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:01   #265
Senior - BHPian

IMHO -
1. Reversing Horns which squeak and screech either ghastly bollywood tunes, that horrible airtel music by A R Rahman which they've extracted every possible note from, and/ or that weird indicator which states that " this car is backing up..."
2. Those strange little stuffed teddy bears and dogs peering out from the rear window. (I love animals but I dislike stuffed toys)
3. Ghastly fake and highly inappropriate looking plastic flowers on the dashboard and faux leopard print/ animal skin seats/ upholstery/ or the ubiquitous new car plastic upholstery covers still on the vehicle.
4. Those rows and rows of weird flashing lights which accompany the braking action usually in taxis, tempo travellers, taveras, sumos, qualises and others.
5. Any idiot car which has the stylised words 4x4 / 4WD written all over it , but which actually is only a normal 2WD.
6. Excessive use of pictures/ stickers outside the vehicle depicting god (such as the ones on these taxi cabs and vehicles like Taveras, Sumos, Scorpios, Qualises, which usually belong to some local real estate goon - doesnt matter which religion.)
7. Vehicles that have Chunnu Munnu/ Abhinav Nikhil or whatever their kids names are, stickered on the back window - invariably the windows are jet black as well, causing the driver to become a complete hazard to others while reversing at night.
8. Non SUV/ Jeep/ MUV type vehicles which try very hard to pretend they are, by sticking the spare tyre onto their tailgates - I ve seen a number of Tempo Travellers do this especially on the long distance routes. Also a few cars in Bangalore.
9.Any normal, stock vehicle which probably has never been driven anywhere other than on city tarmac or maxmimum a bit of highway tarmac and which is incapable of high performance, but on which there are too many discordant stickers - signifying Rally Sport/ Type R/ blah blah blah. Usually one observes M800's with all this sticker jazz - they look quite silly.
10. Cosmetic Air INtake / Bonnet Scoop/ Roof Ski Racks/ Useless Roof Rails etc - I dislike these even on my own Scorpio because it serves no purpose and indeed I would have vastly preferred a plain bonnet and plain roof - unfortunately there is no choice!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th August 2008 at 16:08.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:12   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I don't like window visors or what ever they are called that are installed over the windows, for sun protection I believe, they just make the car look ugly.
They also serve a very useful purpose during rains. If you do not want to use the AC or if you smoke inside your car, you can lower the windows a little & the rain would not come in. Agreed, it does not look good.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:16   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I don't see any guy needing a tissue box in his car and moreso not required when driving alone, if there is a lady companion, i would have understood. I never knew guys blow their nose before entering offices. No offense but that's how it sounded to me.
Boss, while driving a Jeep, tissue box is very useful for wiping the hands after every open hood session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
9.Any normal, stock vehicle which probably has never been driven anywhere other than on city tarmac or maxmimum a bit of highway tarmac and which is incapable of high performance, but on which there are too many discordant stickers - signifying Rally Sport/ Type R/ blah blah blah. Usually one observes M800's with all this sticker jazz - they look quite silly.
Once I asked a local M800 driver which air filter he had, he didn't know. But he had a big K&N sticker on his windshield.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:21   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I don't see any guy needing a tissue box in his car and more so not required when driving alone, if there is a lady companion, i would have understood. I never knew guys blow their nose before entering offices. No offense but that's how it sounded to me.

Regarding flowers on the dashboard, you may like it. I just offered my opinion. I hate them on the dashboard.
A person suffering from cold? or during a hot day in Summer? or when you get drenched in the rains? Or even a silly reason to wipe off the dirt that your car cleaner left while cleaning the car? These are some of the reasons why I keep a tissue on the dashboard of my car. Mine is a Zen and there's no other place to keep it.

Regarding flowers, its either hate it or love it thing. I have never ever kept flowers inside my car. Okay, once.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:26   #269
BANNED

Am I allowed to rate the K&N sticker as an irritating accessory?
Old 6th August 2008, 16:57   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
A person suffering from cold? or during a hot day in Summer? or when you get drenched in the rains? Or even a silly reason to wipe off the dirt that your car cleaner left while cleaning the car? These are some of the reasons why I keep a tissue on the dashboard of my car. Mine is a Zen and there's no other place to keep it.
Exactly, to each it own. I am driving a car from my schooling days (1991) and never ever used a tissue box in my car and dont intend too as well.

And, before someone comments anything, i am finicky about cleanliness

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks