Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 02:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I dont think his family cares about whats under the hood. Anyway he's a doc - he could claim that it is the automotive equivalent of the small blue pill and was prescribed by Dr Peter.
So what you mean to say is that without the box he can't get the car up & performing?
Old 30th December 2008, 06:54   #197
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
12K for tarox? awosme man when do you plan to sell it? Im waiting

If the Filter is for the Mileage?
Then whats the explanation for the small BLUE box placed under the hood?
You have a long wait ahead! I'm not selling these brakes anytime soon.

The small blue box is well hidden, and its not like my wife's going to pop the hood to see whats been installed, and even if she does, she's going to find it a little difficult to differentiate the turbo from the radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I dont think his family cares about whats under the hood. Anyway he's a doc - he could claim that it is the automotive equivalent of the small blue pill and was prescribed by Dr Peter.
Yeah, right! like thats something I'd want my family to know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So what you mean to say is that without the box he can't get the car up & performing?

Car really struggles to get up and performing when the weather is hot. Otherwise, no performance issues.
Me, OTOH, am still young and raring to go. whatever the weather, pill or no pill.

Getting back to real info....
Mileage is hovering between 17-18 with the AC on 100%.
Flat out driving with upshifts at 3500-4000rpm like the mini D R I V E I did last week brings the mileage down to 14kmpl

Old 30th December 2008, 09:15   #198
Senior - BHPian

New one costs 12k in UK etc. Presume the rest is 'tax' in India.
Old 6th February 2009, 17:48   #199
rippergeo

Had been doing a lot of ghat driving over the last few weeks, every corner makes me whoop in joy and every uphill straight is a chance for me to show off the serious amount of torque available on tap.

The new tarox discs are brilliant, should have gotten them fixed long back. If anything they have made my car even faster
Love the way the car squats when I'm braking hard.

The left front suspension had been clanging on hard bumps, and the car had been twitchinh when it cossed a rough surface midcorner at speeds in excess of 80kmph, I was under the impression that my merciless driving had finally made the shocks give up, went to Maruti service masters(autoteam)
The guys there fixed the problem in a second, the nut on top of the strut needed some tightening(an angle of 5-10 degrees) but it made such a massive difference. Car feels like its back on rails again.

Some non related info
OEM Brake discs- 1200; aftermarket(tarox)- 12k per peice, comes as a 24k kit
OEM brake pads- 600
OEM struts- 1800 ;aftermarket(konis) 9k per peice, comes as a kit for 36k

modifying is an expensive hobby.
Next on the agenda- bigger tyres, and 15 inch alloys
Let me drag myself away from bankruptcy first

Old 6th February 2009, 17:59   #200
Senior - BHPian

good. i thought you had bought pads. Did you buy second hand?
enjoy...waiting for more upgrades!! have you spotted an intercooler yet?
Old 6th February 2009, 18:29   #201
rippergeo

No, picked up tarox disks 2nd hand for 12k. Am debating EBC green pads, but currently braking is very reassuring. So do not feel the need for an upgrade.

Definitely enjoying myself, the 14km commute in the morning is the high point of my day, every day.

Am currently not looking at a bigger intercooler option. Seems that a bigger intercooler will cause the boost levels to drop unless it is combined with an upgraded turbo.
But, I'm thinking, the stock turbo is still going to push the same mass of air as it did previously, irrespective of the drop in boost pressure, right or wrong?
and the Volume of that mass of air should be lesser if anything, right or wrong? Any idea where I can get more info? Or will the volume go up now since it is under lesser pressure? Too many variables to theorize, it has to be done by trial and error, and at the moment, even though I have 2 back up cars, I dont have the time or money to get into stuff like that.
So I shall stick to bolt on proven mods like the rim upsize and the tyres and shocks. engine stuff looks a few more years distant.

Old 8th August 2009, 00:46   #202
BHPian

Hi ripper, could you highlight how many KM you have done in your swift and let us know the latest update on the Petes and Tarox.
cheers.
Old 8th August 2009, 09:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Hi ripper, could you highlight how many KM you have done in your swift and let us know the latest update on the Petes and Tarox.
cheers.
He had a blown turbo at 27k IIRC; rest hope he updates.
Old 8th August 2009, 20:23   #204
BHPian

Thanks Jk.Hope his BIG turbo serves well.SAD about the situation though.
Old 8th August 2009, 21:07   #205
BANNED

@jkdas. dude i seriously hope you had got consent from ripper before mentioning the current updates

this forum is crawling around with fanboys if you know what i mean. they will infer many stuff from that single post of yours.

this thing was best kept under wraps IMHO when the owner himself has not told anything about the current situation
Old 8th August 2009, 21:42   #206
Senior - BHPian

There was nothing to infer until you basically turned on a big red neon arrow sign pointing to jk's post. Nice work Sherlock. :P
Old 8th August 2009, 22:39   #207
BHPian

@Thomas, ripper has posted about his blown turbo in another thread. Along with a few others. Do please do a search.
Old 15th August 2009, 23:23   #208
Team-BHP Support

So whats the real update here whats the surprise Mr Ripper is cooking up?
Old 15th August 2009, 23:31   #209
Senior - BHPian

A bit late to the party, but I think the poor performance in hot weather is a problem with all turbo intercooled engines. Even us indica/indigo TDi folks have it
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ndigo-tdi.html
Old 16th August 2009, 08:28   #210
rippergeo

The blown turbo has been documented on the DDiS turbo issues thread. I really have not taken the effort in chasing maruti's stock turbo that much because I have been using a hybrid turbo from turbo dynamics. Dont want to go back to stock now.

As for the rest of you guys who know the whole story and still keep commenting on this thread....naughty boys! Bad! bad! bad!

The mods are still being trialled. So its too early for me to say. When the fine tuning is done, there will be a thread put up.

All the hardware is in,and working fine.The software(remap) is being fine tuned.
Once that is done, the mods will be complete, and I will have nothing left to do on the car except bling it up, which I probably will never do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks