Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:53   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
point taken ASHVIN. end can will come last. after tyres, alloys and new brake discs. just that last week's monsoon drive listening to redfire's petrol exhaust and veelu's lancer diesel, I started getting greedy.

also, about the same time bhagwan came up with his swift diesel mods thread which almost pushed me over the edge.
thanks everyone for restoring my sanity
So which tyres/allot and those wicked discs from Peter?

OZ's? And Potenza/S Drive?

EdiT: checkout his seats too. You may need it too.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2008 at 19:10.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:19   #167
BHPian

Good Job peting ur car! An FFE and Intake will give you that extra tiny bit of push, but the real deal has already been done to your car performance wise. Sound wise, isn't it better to be a silent killer?
Regards,
TG.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:24   #168
BHPian

Torqueguru - I think ripper has already dont the filter upgrade.

Ripper - ME too thinks the same ie you shouldnt be spending more than 4K on an end can. Add those savings to your tyre and alloy budget. Wonder how you felt greedy hearing my cars sound.Its more like a Tourist bus kind of sound.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Some doubts:

Stock VDis takes a lot to reach 130-140kmph? My friend's VDi was almost like I am done at 120kmph!
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:03   #170
rippergeo

I have not driven a stock VDi in a long time. but even without the box, the car is decently fast. faster than the other hatchbacks atleast(except the 1.6, the CRDi and maybe the petrol swift)

ask him to check the air filter. it gets clogged very fast even in the stock DDiS, maybe because of the large quantities of air it sucks in and the position of the air intake(front facing, just above the grille)

even stock cars do 160 easy. get it checked.

Old 3rd July 2008, 10:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not driven a stock VDi in a long time. but even without the box, the car is decently fast. faster than the other hatchbacks atleast(except the 1.6, the CRDi and maybe the petrol swift)

ask him to check the air filter. it gets clogged very fast even in the stock DDiS, maybe because of the large quantities of air it sucks in and the position of the air intake(front facing, just above the grille)

even stock cars do 160 easy. get it checked.
ripper, is your 'pete' thread the most popular pete thread here??
160 easy? i haven't done that yet.
thanks for your tip off. i need to get the ractive cleaned. searched. no hints yet on how to clean the ractive. any idea?
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:38   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
ripper, is your 'pete' thread the most popular pete thread here??
160 easy? i haven't done that yet.
thanks for your tip off. i need to get the ractive cleaned. searched. no hints yet on how to clean the ractive. any idea?
for my ractive i just used the green cleaning solution and the green oil. though apparently the ractive isnt supposed to be oiled but it dosent seem to have made a difference.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:46   #173
Senior - BHPian

thanks akshay, ripper, please excuse us. what is this green? any brand name? are the cleaning instructions available.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:06   #174
rippergeo

Green is a brand. Quite a few of us use their air filters. I said 160 easy because lots of VDi owners have reported 170 and 180kmph. Maximum I took the stock Vdi was 140, but I wasnt trying to find its top speed.
It didnt take very long to get to 140.

@kutlee- didnt know you were driving a DDiS. 160 would be nothing for your TCed Civic.

Old 3rd July 2008, 16:32   #175
rippergeo

Quote:

@kutlee- didnt know you were driving a DDiS. 160 would be nothing for your TCed Civic.
ooops! did I say Civic?
Sorry, City!just that i used to drive the Civic back in the UK and it looked like the OHC here.
was too late to edit.

Old 3rd July 2008, 16:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

yeah, i know their civic is our city. btw my turbo is pulled out from a 99 US civic of somebody living in socal (south cali).
i have started searching for green now. thanks man. i never drove a DDiS. but the engine is really a dream. i think if this engine were released 5 years ago, people would have gone literally mad. (FYI - i don't really drive fast (Psycho knows it). i always get scared and slow down. honestly it is hard to beleive that people can drive that fast.)
continue your peted discussion.
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:46   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Some doubts:

Stock VDis takes a lot to reach 130-140kmph? My friend's VDi was almost like I am done at 120kmph!

Hmmmm.. That is strange. I have taken my Stock VDI till 180KMPH. It reaches 160 easily..
Old 5th July 2008, 11:22   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
yeah, i know their civic is our city. btw my turbo is pulled out from a 99 US civic of somebody living in socal (south cali).
i have started searching for green now. thanks man. i never drove a DDiS. but the engine is really a dream. i think if this engine were released 5 years ago, people would have gone literally mad. (FYI - i don't really drive fast (Psycho knows it). i always get scared and slow down. honestly it is hard to beleive that people can drive that fast.)
continue your peted discussion.
sorry for replying late. just contact peter. he will send the cleaning kit across to you. it costs about rs625.
Old 5th July 2008, 21:52   #179

hey fellows

I got my swift pete'd today. And its drives superb. I was planning to add the wind kit also but the guy here didn't have them ready. :-(
Old 6th July 2008, 08:17   #180
rippergeo

@fastcoder- please do a before and after 0-100 run, if you can do so, safely.

Most Viewed