Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 20:17   #376
BHPian

Re: Price for 3M sunfilm?

Got the 3M CS-50 for my friends Manza.

Went to the 3M outlet at HSR layout, Bangalore.Price was 4990 for the rear and sides.Disappointing workman ship, think it is always better to go to a JC road outlet than these showrooms.

Incidentally TATA Concorde guys quoted 4000 for the CS-50/RE-50 .

A couple of known showrooms at JC road quoted 3800 - 4200 (without bargain) for the CS and RE series. (50/30).
Old 15th September 2011, 09:06   #377
BHPian

Guys, what is the cost of RE35 and RE50 for a Honda City? Is it withink 4K?
Old 24th September 2011, 12:12   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have known Balaji Agencies ever since they were at G N Chetty road (before moving to the current location). I get it done from an installer who works at 3M himself who has been doing this job for me for the last 8 years or so.

Also, I get my detailing done at my doorstep from a veteran who works for Balaji Agencies.
Hello re_zen,
Am looking to install sun films and also do detailing.,can you please share the number?
Old 25th September 2011, 08:55   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs
Guys, what is the cost of RE35 and RE50 for a Honda City? Is it withink 4K?
Yes, if you bargain well and really hard.

Indian deCars (in Hyderabad) for instance quotes 4k for a Civic/Cruze and this is an un-negotiated quote. Most other shops quote 5 to 5.2k and there's scope for bargaining.

Regards,
spadix
Old 26th September 2011, 15:32   #380
BHPian

Which 3M sunfilm would have the reflective type of film as in GTO's Merc?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...da-motors.html

Plz reply bhpians???
Old 26th September 2011, 15:39   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post

Plz reply bhpians???
I have a reflective 3M sunfilm on my Cruze and its called RE-35
Old 26th September 2011, 15:42   #382
BHPian

Thanks mobike008. I want a film that has reflective properties but visibility from inside should be of no problem as my dad finds night driving with the sunfilm difficult.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:09   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post

Plz reply bhpians???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a reflective 3M sunfilm on my Cruze and its called RE-35
Are the Reflective sunfilms are permissible from RTO point of view?
Old 28th September 2011, 12:01   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Are the Reflective sunfilms are permissible from RTO point of view?
RTO usually specifies only VLT limits/cut-offs and to that extent, reflective sun films are no different from others.

However, I wouldn't put it past the cops to cook up regulations on the spot to harass you if they are in the mood to do so.

I would suggest you carry a printed copy of the relevant RTO regulation with you at all times.

@petroguzzler: Reflective sunfilm will not pose any problem with external visibility from inside at night. Focus on the VLT more than on the reflectiveness. RE35 for instance allows only 35% light through, so visibility will be equivalent to that with other 35 VLT films.

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th September 2011, 14:33   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

I got quotes from Vkool dealer in Delhi for my Altis. I finally narrowed down to A series which comes under Vkool signature range. The rates quoted ( best price from them) were 13288 for 71% heat rejection on the front windscreen and 60% on the sides and rear. 71% for the front and 41% for the sides and rear will cost me 11419. Are these prices worth paying? This will be the first time I will be paying this much money for sunfilms. Will 3M work out to be cheaper then this? Which one will you guys recommend?
Old 30th September 2011, 15:43   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Will 3M work out to be cheaper then this?
Definitely!

Un-negotiated prices for CR70 (front) + RE35/50 (sides and rear) will start south of the V-Kool 71 + 41 quote you got.

In 3M RE there's no difference in price between 35 and 50 VLT film, unlike the difference you've seen between 41 and 60 VLT with V-Kool.

V-Kool is definitely the better product, but the premium over 3M isn't warranted. As it is, as you've noted, ~10k for sun film is a *lot*. Why pay more for a marginal improvement?

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th September 2011, 15:49   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Un-negotiated prices for CR70 (front) + RE35/50 (sides and rear) will start south of the V-Kool 71 + 41 quote you got.

In 3M RE there's no difference in price between 35 and 50 VLT film, unlike the difference you've seen between 41 and 60 VLT with V-Kool.

V-Kool is definitely the better product, but the premium over 3M isn't warranted. As it is, as you've noted, ~10k for sun film is a *lot*. Why pay more for a marginal improvement?

Regards,
spadix
Even I am not very comfortable shelling out so much money on just sun films. Can you give me a 3m dealer contact detail in Delhi or even gurgaon will do. And which ones will you recommend in 3m range? They also have so many products.

Lastly there will be a considerable difference after putting these expensive films right? Till date we have got those cheap after market tints which I am guessing work only as tints and don't necessarily keep the heat out.
Old 1st October 2011, 12:56   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I am not very comfortable shelling out so much money on just sun films. Can you give me a 3m dealer contact detail in Delhi or even gurgaon will do. And which ones will you recommend in 3m range? They also have so many products.

Lastly there will be a considerable difference after putting these expensive films right? Till date we have got those cheap after market tints which I am guessing work only as tints and don't necessarily keep the heat out.
Just saw this. Get the Vkool films for the side and rear, and for the front get 3M CR70. Thats what I've done on my Accord and what I will do on my 320d.

Total cost should be around 11k then. Getting 3M also on the sides and back will hardly be 500-1k less.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:41   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just saw this. Get the Vkool films for the side and rear, and for the front get 3M CR70. Thats what I've done on my Accord and what I will do on my 320d.

Total cost should be around 11k then. Getting 3M also on the sides and back will hardly be 500-1k less.
Vkool front included is costing me 13.2k. The dealer has a nice outlet with professional workers. Isn't it less risky then to get vkool only on all glasses? I didnt come across any 3M dealer in delhi. The local shops are a strict no no. Although I am guessing 3M CR70 will be a top of the line product compared to Vkool basic film.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:45   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Vkool front included is costing me 13.2k. The dealer has a nice outlet with professional workers. Isn't it less risky then to get vkool only on all glasses? I didnt come across any 3M dealer in delhi. The local shops are a strict no no. Although I am guessing 3M CR70 will be a top of the line product compared to Vkool basic film.
The front film he is giving you is most probably top of the line - Vk70. Since the difference is not that much it makes sense to get Vkool itself. But for me I was quoted 10k itself for the front windscreen and 7k for the sides. Now I think the Altis has more glass area than a 3. Will probably drop by my Vkool dealers office and have a word, seems unfair. When I asked him on the phone why its so expensive for the 3 inspite of it being smaller than my Accord for which I paid 5.5k, he just said the price list says this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks