Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 09:51   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@kaush666: For K&N filters check here : Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories

you can also checkout Electra Performance welcomes you

Yes, CAI can be fitted in the alto. Regarding the airfilter, dont go for pipercross because afaik pipercross uses steel wool for filtering which is not good for a daily city driven car(only good for drags) so try getting K&N or Green cotton. If you want go for a CAI, then i would suggest K&N Apollo or Green Wind.
Well I have heard a lot about K&N and now i've decided to fit its Appollo CAI on to my alto . Guys please tell me where I can get it in Chennai and its approximate cost (excluding labour charges) .

Old 1st June 2008, 11:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Guys please tell me where I can get it in Chennai .
Dreams Auto
Arihant VTN Square, 104, G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017.
044-28226358/28223874

Mahavir agencies
new#32/old 109
G.P(general patters) road,(opposite to jayapratha theatre)
anna salai
chennai - 600002
044-28521808/28530915
Old 1st June 2008, 11:35   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Is it a CAI or is it a normal one with the pipe , plumbing designed in a way such that it does not suck in hot air from the engine bay ?? And Rs.9300 for this i think is way too high. AFAIK a K&N Appollo CAI itslef is less than 8k + Labour . Correct me if I am wrong guys
yes it is CAI this act same as k&n apolo kit. but i have seen both the kits. in pipercross kit you get four types of attachments, which ever fits your car.and rest three you can keep it with you for your next car if you want to tranfer it. you get a spray with it which i think to keep it away from dust. you get all the clapms with it.
and more over pipercross venom kit is made of metal alloys ( kinda alluminium) which restrict more hot air and k&n appolo kit is made of plastic. the pipe comes with pipercross venom kit is wayyyyyy better than the appolo's kit and is more heat resitant than the K&N.

IMO if you see pipercross venom kit in real you'll definatly wont look back to the K&N appolo kit.

forgot to post the link :- Universal Air Intakes | Pipercross Air Filters
Old 1st June 2008, 13:49   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Dreams Auto
Arihant VTN Square, 104, G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017.
044-28226358/28223874

Mahavir agencies
new#32/old 109
G.P(general patters) road,(opposite to jayapratha theatre)
anna salai
chennai - 600002
044-28521808/28530915
Quote:
yes it is CAI this act same as k&n apolo kit. but i have seen both the kits. in pipercross kit you get four types of attachments, which ever fits your car.and rest three you can keep it with you for your next car if you want to tranfer it. you get a spray with it which i think to keep it away from dust. you get all the clapms with it.
and more over pipercross venom kit is made of metal alloys ( kinda alluminium) which restrict more hot air and k&n appolo kit is made of plastic. the pipe comes with pipercross venom kit is wayyyyyy better than the appolo's kit and is more heat resitant than the K&N.

IMO if you see pipercross venom kit in real you'll definatly wont look back to the K&N appolo kit.

forgot to post the link :- Universal Air Intakes | Pipercross Air Filters
First of all thanks badboyscad & monty9991 for your very very quick responses . Thanks badboyscad for the addresses and phone numbers . Now badboyscad has advised that since Pipercross filters are made of some ***** wool they're useful only for drag races . But monty9991 you are saying that pipercross is much better than K&N Appollo CAI . I'm in a dilemma . Please tell me which one to go for . If yes to K&N then no problem for me since badboyscad provided me the locations . If a yes nod to pipercross then please tell me where I can get it in Chennai ?? Awaiting your replies .
Old 1st June 2008, 18:06   #125
BANNED

Quote:
First of all thanks badboyscad & monty9991 for your very very quick responses . Thanks badboyscad for the addresses and phone numbers . Now badboyscad has advised that since Pipercross filters are made of some ***** wool they're useful only for drag races . But monty9991 you are saying that pipercross is much better than K&N Appollo CAI . I'm in a dilemma . Please tell me which one to go for . If yes to K&N then no problem for me since badboyscad provided me the locations . If a yes nod to pipercross then please tell me where I can get it in Chennai ?? Awaiting your replies .
see, i aint really debating that pipercorss is better than K&N.
but these are my view and every person has his. so again, as i have seen both of them pipercorss got impressive looks and made of impressive alloy.
you can get pipercross airfilter from :-

Speedworks, Chennai(PIPERCROSS Air ilters, N1-spec exhausts, Magnaflow Exhausts, Auto Gauge, Holley NOS
Phone:044 30281861

source :-worldwideweb .n 1 engneeringdotcom/dealers.htm

and rest everything depends on you. its your choice, its your car and its your pocekt.

i just got fone call from my friend telling that my venom kit was here yesterday. so ill be having that thing installed in my car someday in next week.

Last edited by monty9991 : 1st June 2008 at 18:09.
Old 1st June 2008, 18:28   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
i have already ordered pipercross's venom induction kit for my alto 0.8L
Nice. Eagerly waiting for your install pics.try and do a Before/After run.

I am on the verge of installing a UNI filter.I have the filter with me,I will be making a cold Air intake pipe and fabricating a heat shield for the filter.
Lets see how it goes.
Old 1st June 2008, 18:35   #127
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post

I am on the verge of installing a UNI filter.I have the filter with me,I will be making a cold Air intake pipe and fabricating a heat shield for the filter.
Lets see how it goes.
@arpandiv- will you please put up details and pics of the heat shield?
also any links on tbhp or outside where you referred before fabrication?

Old 1st June 2008, 18:37   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post

Lets see how it goes.
yeah, ill keep you guys posted and will have before n after pics and run.
Old 1st June 2008, 18:45   #129
BHPian

@rippergeo as soon as i finish the work,i will upload the pics.Its not going to be a winner in beauty contests,but i guess it will do the job.will be making it out of an aluminium sheet.
you can look at a few pics here Heat Shields - R31info to get some DIY ideas.
In the end it depends on where in the engine bay we can get coolest air from.
Old 1st June 2008, 20:51   #130
BHPian

Quote:
see, i aint really debating that pipercorss is better than K&N.
but these are my view and every person has his. so again, as i have seen both of them pipercorss got impressive looks and made of impressive alloy.
you can get pipercross airfilter from :-

Speedworks, Chennai(PIPERCROSS Air ilters, N1-spec exhausts, Magnaflow Exhausts, Auto Gauge, Holley NOS
Phone:044 30281861

source :-worldwideweb .n 1 engneeringdotcom/dealers.htm

and rest everything depends on you. its your choice, its your car and its your pocekt.

i just got fone call from my friend telling that my venom kit was here yesterday. so ill be having that thing installed in my car someday in next week.
k man no debates . loll . so guys please post pics of your ride with pipercross and k&n . I want the one with better performance . Please advise me guys because i'm actually not used to these modding stuff .
Old 1st June 2008, 21:43   #131
BANNED

you can check the pics of pipercross's pics at www dot ************* dot com/picgallery .htm
Old 1st June 2008, 21:47   #132
BHPian

Quote:
you can check the pics of pipercross's pics at www dot ************* dot com/picgallery .htm
man are you meaning pipercross.com ??
Old 1st June 2008, 21:55   #133
BANNED

wordlwideweb dot ************* dot com/picgallery .htm

n 1 engineering
Old 1st June 2008, 21:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
worldwideweb dot ************* dot com/picgallery .htm

n 1 engineering
man I thought you were meaning pipercross since we were talking about it . Anyways thanks man . And are you getting that pipercross venom CAI installed next weekend ??
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:14   #135
BANNED

it now this week.. possibly on friday...

Most Viewed