Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:06   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Thanks man . Well what is the difference between the WRC Spoiler and the Basic Spoiler man ?? Well the doubt is here because when the basic one is costing 2.9k then how come this one is 2k ??

Cheers
cheers:
the wrc is probably an add on for the basic spoiler. thats why it probably costs less. if you want the wrc youll have to buy the basic spoiler and then the wrc add on. 4.9k
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:05   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the wrc is probably an add on for the basic spoiler. thats why it probably costs less. if you want the wrc youll have to buy the basic spoiler and then the wrc add on. 4.9k
well instead i could buy myself the WRC spoiler straight away right ??
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:16   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
@VJ_MAVRICK :I agree with you totally . Well since you are having a free-flooowing exhaust just wanted to ask this . Does the freeflow make any difference in the performance department ?? And what is the difference between 4x2x1 headers and 4x1 headers ??

cheers:
@kaush666: FFE done on the ride does make a difference if not great, but noticeable and one can easily feel the difference between stock exhaust and FFE.
4x2x1 headers are designed for low and mid rpms where as 4x1 headers are for hig end revs. In a 4x2x1 headers the convergence of the header pipes happens from 4-->2-->1 where as in 4x1 headers the convergence of the header pipes directly happen from 4-->1 going into the intermediate pipes and the end can.
cheers:
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:08   #154
BHPian

@VJ_MAVRICK
thanks for the info . Where did you get it (b'lore or somewhere else) and how much did it cost ?? Desperately looking for one . And since you have a K&N Conical Intake is there any difference and is the plumbing made in a way such that it does not suck in hot air from the engine bay ?? Same question again . Sorry but where did you get it (again b'lore or somewhere else) and how much is the cost ??

Thnx in advance
Cheers
Old 4th June 2008, 10:47   #155
Senior - BHPian

@Kaush666: Please refer my post#62 in this thread itself for the details.

No plumbing work needed to accommodate the CAI filter and the headers but it was a bit tricky to install the headers as the alto engine bay is small and crampy. Nevertheless it can be done and i got it installed in Mumbai from Jiggy Bhai (VIPER)
Old 4th June 2008, 10:48   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@Kaush666: Please refer my post#62 in this thread itself for the details.

No plumbing work needed to accommodate the CAI filter and the headers but it was a bit tricky to install the headers as the alto engine bay is small and crampy. Nevertheless it can be done and i got it installed in Mumbai from Jiggy Bhai (VIPER)
Thanks a lot VJ_MAVRICK for your responses .
Old 4th June 2008, 14:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried mounting the Baleno's stock steel rims on to an Alto ? Both are 100 pcd should there any problems in trying this .
Old 4th June 2008, 15:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't be unless the offset varies a lot or the width is a problem.

And there is an Alto here in Moradabad belonging to a kid who keeps screwing around with it every week & the latest addition to that are alloys with 185/55 R14 S-Drives!

Of course, he got a jugaad done on the suspension to get it raised to accommodate the tyres!!
Old 4th June 2008, 16:00   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Shouldn't be unless the offset varies a lot or the width is a problem.
Anyway to check this out without actually fitting the rims ?
Old 7th June 2008, 00:11   #160
BANNED

hi guys,
as promised here are the pictures of the pipercorss venom kit CAI installed in my ALTO.
it wasent that hard to fit it as most of the attachments were along with the kit.
we used the stock pipe which is attached to the T.B. and MAS. we drilled a hole in it for the breather pipe.

the steel pipe being cut is used for the the support to the both the rubber hoses . ( stock filter pipe and pipercross rubber attachment) .

no thing looks fishy or jughad. no modifications done on the car, no removal of the battry everything is in its place.
if i want to get the stock filter in then i just need to but the rubber hose which we modifed, thats it and you are done with your stock settings.
really impressive work done by my tuner.
the time taken to install was not more than an 1.5hr

performace :-
you feel it as soon as you pep down the accelator peddal. you fell it being lighter than before. what i noticed was i dint need to shift again and again in the city traffic, which gives easy city driving. if you cruise on 70 on 5th gear, its really smooth. but smooth all the wasy as well. works good on a/c and pretty easy on a/c as well.

Sound:
youll notice little groving sound inside when driven little harsh. but you a good grunt sound when you have acc. peddal on the ground.

kmpl:
will update when i get my tank full next time. as the work was done today only and i got my tank full recently, ( just an hour before the petrol price hike )
Attached Thumbnails
Modding an Alto-1.jpg  

Modding an Alto-2.jpg  

Modding an Alto-3.jpg  

Modding an Alto-4.jpg  

Modding an Alto-5.jpg  

Modding an Alto-6.jpg  

Modding an Alto-7.jpg  

Modding an Alto-8.jpg  

Modding an Alto-9.jpg  

Modding an Alto-10.jpg  

Old 7th June 2008, 00:31   #161
BHPian

good stuff. you have found the best location to pick up air from had tried to observe coldest point in engine bay and had shortlisted the same.

can you post a close up pic of the stock pipe which you cut and modified.
Old 7th June 2008, 02:39   #162
Senior - BHPian

@monty9991: try to reduce the sharp bend of the pipe immediately after the CAI's intake.
Old 7th June 2008, 08:53   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
good stuff. you have found the best location to pick up air from had tried to observe coldest point in engine bay and had shortlisted the same.

can you post a close up pic of the stock pipe which you cut and modified.
yes thats the coldest piontive found as well.
in pic 5 and 6 you can see the mod done to the stock pipe. click on the pic and zoom it for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@monty9991: try to reduce the sharp bend of the pipe immediately after the CAI's intake.
this is the best part in these types of kits. you can make sharp bends without vlocking the air. the pipe which came with the kit has metal wire in it and this wont aloow the pipe to bend like an other. so this will make the pipe all over round even at sharp bends.
but the major part for this bend is the lack of space in this little car . lol
Old 7th June 2008, 10:19   #164
Senior - BHPian

@ MONTY,

congrats on getting the pipercross fitted on your alto. nice clean installation. but i think the bend is too sharp for the air to pass in freely. i think you should work out more to make it a bit straight. i will also try and look in my engine bay whether i get some ideas.
Old 7th June 2008, 10:53   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
@ MONTY,

congrats on getting the pipercross fitted on your alto. nice clean installation. but i think the bend is too sharp for the air to pass in freely. i think you should work out more to make it a bit straight. i will also try and look in my engine bay whether i get some ideas.
yes there is a sharp bend , but its perfectly round. it is bending in round shape so there should'nt be any problem as there is no restriction to air, as the hose itself wont collaps coz it has metal wire in it.

Most Viewed